Off Grid Trailers - Expedition and Pando 2.0 The Ultimate Rugged Overland Off-Road Off Grid teardrop Trailer to Escape

• HTML tutorial

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Right On! Well I'm in LHC if you want to deliver down here or need anything!
Ken and I have discussed delivery to AZ. We will see when it is ready. Thanks

jeepers29

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Georgetown, TX, USA
Member #

Reactions: juniorman

Westsroadshow

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

West, AZ, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
West
Member #

We will be in Tempe in early Nov to visit my son at ASU. I would love to take a look at it if you are around. How much does it weigh? It looks like it sags your jeep pretty good. I would be pulling with a jeep as well, so a bit concerned about pulling up mountain grades. Thanks, Joel
Yes I’ve been thinking about upgrading my Tow Vehicle. It came up the 17 mountain between 62 and 42 miles an hour if you like the sites you don’t mind. There’s a big gathering up in Lake Havasu in November so I May not be around.

Westsroadshow

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

West, AZ, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
West
Member #

Yes I’ve been thinking about upgrading my Tow Vehicle. It came up the 17 mountain between 62 and 42 miles an hour if you like the sites you don’t mind. There’s a big gathering up in Lake Havasu in November so I May not be around.
Empty it comes in at 1800 pounds 300 pounds on the tongue

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Thank you. I wish they had an option for a rear tire carrier to pull some weight off the tongue
You might be able to DIY something with the rear receiver but it is pretty hidden under the trailers. There are some tire swing outs available but I would have to hunt for a name. Then of course that could be in the way of the rear door.

Finding a way to put an XO Jack on the front for mobility reasons would be a big improvement. I did a DIY solution on my Turtleback with the same factory receiver but there was way too much play. So that is a no go. I need to find a way to bolt one on the tongue. They make moving a trailer with a higher tongue weight easy.

Motoboss

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Martinsville, Indiana, USA
Member #

You might be able to DIY something with the rear receiver but it is pretty hidden under the trailers. There are some tire swing outs available but I would have to hunt for a name. Then of course that could be in the way of the rear door.
Wonder if a Wilco swingout recevier mounted tire carrier would work?

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Wonder if a Wilco swingout recevier mounted tire carrier would work?
I think that's the brand I was thinking of but forgot home much they cost! I think I would put the spare on my vehicle roof rack. Of course if you don't have an RTT on the trailer then it could go there all the way aft. OR it would be cheaper to convert the hubs to your vehicle type and just bring 1 spare for most trips. Only time I bring 2 is when I will be way out in the middle of nowhere like Baja. Even then just bringing a spare tire that a local shop could mount would be sufficient.

Reactions: Motoboss

Rackman

Rank 0

Traveler III

First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Radzik
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Rackman
Empty it comes in at 1800 pounds 300 pounds on the tongue
James, sent you a P.M........ I would love to see your rig as I'm getting ready to order one but have not actually seen one in person... I was about to pull the trigger on the Boreas XT but I think the expedition checks all of the boxes and the quality looks amazing. Let me know when would be a good time to come by and check it out... my cell phone number is in the message...

Thanks, Dan

Lead Dog

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lake Havasu City, Arizona, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Clary
Member #

We will be in Tempe in early Nov to visit my son at ASU. I would love to take a look at it if you are around. How much does it weigh? It looks like it sags your jeep pretty good. I would be pulling with a jeep as well, so a bit concerned about pulling up mountain grades. Thanks, Joel
I recommend to all my Jeep Owners to add a .75" spring spacer to the rear of the jeep to level back out! Aftermarket lift kits are designed to level out the factory rake in a vehicle. and adding the coil spacer make it ride level again!

juniorman

Rank 0

Contributor I

jackson wy
First Name
jan
Last Name
smertle
I recommend to all my Jeep Owners to add a .75" spring spacer to the rear of the jeep to level back out! Aftermarket lift kits are designed to level out the factory rake in a vehicle. and adding the coil spacer make it ride level again!
That is a great idea. I have the Mopar 2.5 inch lift and 35s. Would this still apply?

Lead Dog

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lake Havasu City, Arizona, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Clary
Member #

Which Gathering?
That is a great idea. I have the Mopar 2.5 inch lift and 35s. Would this still apply?
YES! Most all Lift Kits are Designed to raise the front more than the rear! Simply adding the $150 Spacer will correct most of the rear sag issue! 20180808_122131.jpg

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Off Grid just published a nice comparison video between the 2 models. Hoping to get mine by the end of October. I did a little write up on my decision to buy. We are getting the Expedition 2.0 with a custom wrap. No RTT, No awning (for now), added heat, front basket, spare tire mount, extra SAE plug to power my truck mounted fridge.