OB Watches

• HTML tutorial

CSG

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Idaho
Member #

While I own a few higher end watches (like a Rolex Sub and GMT) which I wear daily, I don't typically wear them on my journeys. I usually wear a Wenger field watch. I don't mind if something happens to it.

pl626

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

McLean, VA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Chen
Member #

My old suunto vector is my adventure watch.

VI Overlander

Rank 0

Off-Road Ranger I

Fanny Bay BC Canada
Ham/GMRS Callsign
chernoble
Momentum Watches, Assembled in Vancouver BC and Blaine Wa, I have a special edition dive watch no longer available. Has made it through everything in the past year including structure fires, medical calls, construction, fishing....tanks. Plus customer support is not only close but I can talk to someone who actually assembles watches plus I can take my watch in for upgrades and such. Highly recommend them

Reactions: 64Trvlr

Rich_the4x4podcast

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Lawrence KS
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Young
Member #

I really don't see me ever going back to a traditional watch. I've had an Apple watch, Samsung Galaxy, and several fitbits. While I liked the Apple Watch, I couldn't rationalize the cost. Right now I'm using a fitbit Versa 2. I does pretty much everything I used the other watches for but for waaaay less cost.

Reactions: Raul B

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

I really don't see me ever going back to a traditional watch. I've had an Apple watch, Samsung Galaxy, and several fitbits. While I liked the Apple Watch, I couldn't rationalize the cost. Right now I'm using a fitbit Versa 2. I does pretty much everything I used the other watches for but for waaaay less cost.
I have the Samsung watch too. And it's just too much of a pita to always charge it so I gave it to my wife. There is a smart watch out in the market right now that uses your body heat to charge the device. It's called power watch. I'm hoping they get most of the bugs fixed by version 3 and then I'll jump for it.

Attachments

Rich_the4x4podcast

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Lawrence KS
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Young
Member #

I have the Samsung watch too. And it's just too much of a pita to always charge it so I gave it to my wife. There is a smart watch out in the market right now that uses your body heat to charge the device. It's called power watch. I'm hoping they get most of the bugs fixed by version 3 and then I'll jump for it.
That was my biggest complaint with that watch. My fitbit goes for almost a week between charges.

Trigger T4R

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Inland Empire, CA, USA
First Name
Lance
Last Name
:
Member #

I’ve had this Nixon for about 10 years now and it’s a champ! I wear it everyday all day. I have a few other watches, g-shock, citizen etc but this Nixon is my ol faithful. It’s taken a BEATING as you can see but keeps ticking. My favorite features are the titanium body (very light weight for size), silicone band (makes it super easy to clean paint, grease, ink & I don’t sweat under it), it tells the tides for like 2000+ beaches for the next 20 years, and backlit led screen. Best watch I ever had!
FA9E02FA-6259-4E30-A231-CC58C083941A.jpeg

Bluegrass rules

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Willow Beach, Georgina, ON, Canada
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Hill
Member #

For 32 years I wore a watch and worked where every minute was tracked. Every person I worked with knew where they should be at an exact minute. Supervisor of Transit for a big city. When I retired I took my watch off and have not worn one in eight years. I get there when I do. Don’t really care what time it is anymore.

Trigger T4R

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Inland Empire, CA, USA
First Name
Lance
Last Name
:
Member #

For 32 years I wore a watch and worked where every minute was tracked. Every person I worked with knew where they should be at an exact minute. Supervisor of Transit for a big city. When I retired I took my watch off and have not worn one in eight years. I get there when I do. Don’t really care what time it is anymore.
Nice! I can’t wait for those days to come!

Reactions: Viking1204

Mekcanix

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
First Name
John
Last Name
McLaughlin
Member #

I have a few different watches from time. To a citizen to a g shock
But my favorite is this one. It a Del-Mar dive watch on a walmart Velcro strap. I have like a dozen nato straps but this silly thing is my favorite. media.jpg

Excuse the mess I am at work

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I have a small collection of watches. The last ones I've bought have all been with some sort of digital, i.e. Apple Watch 1, 3, 4, Casio G-Shock, Garmin Instinct. This week I hope to get two analog watches. One by Jack Mason (blue face with brown leather strap) and a Spinnaker (wanna be diver watch). Now that I am working from home I don't feel the need for a smart watch to keep track of my smart devices at home since I'm already here lol. Now I just want to know the time, nothing else.

Reactions: Mekcanix

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
I don't usually wear a watch as part of my daily routine, but when I am on an adventure I wear this older Casio WSD-F10 smartwatch.
1596820885071.png 1596821027544.png

It is waterproof and the screen is clear, but that is about all this watch does well. I wear it on adventures to stay on top of notifications while my phone is handling navigation duties and I really like it when kayaking or riding the motorcycle when my phone is secured elsewhere for keeping track of a trip and weather as well as notifications. The biggest gripe I have about it is that the battery doesn't last more than 24 hours in smart watch mode and needs charged every night. The battery does last about 3 weeks in timepiece mode.