Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

I thought @Ryan Matthes was still working on something in NM . The Big Bend scouting trip didn't happen as there were schedule conflicts that popped up for two of us, and I believe there was a problem getting backcountry permits due to Harvey.

There's also a rolling G2G happening in the Hill Country that was organised by @Laud . Check out Rallypoint!

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
(Late to the Game) Something to really think about........ If the Big Bend Region is to be considered, it is going to be difficult (nearly impossible, nearly) to put any sized group over 20 rigs into the outside private campgrounds. Backcountry sites inside of the SP are limited to 8 person, three vehicles. Group campsites have a 12-person and five-vehicle limit. Equestrian staging campsites have a 24-person and 12-vehicle limit. All sites are a long distance from each other. I don't want to discourage this from happening, but the BBRSP proper is not a place to do this sort of thing. The NP offers even less vehicles and persons per primitive site. With that being said, there are a couple of private campgrounds near Terlingua, that do offer space to be treated like a base camp between the two, if you will. 20 rigs is not something I want to be part of in either of these parks. I hosted a run last year that had 7 rigs...had an absolute blast due to the company we were among. I had made very intricate arrangements for this to happen.
Everybody should experience this region!!!! But maybe not in a large group.
This would be the closest location for me to attend, its only a 10 hour drive for me. (Giggles)

YES, I really enjoy seeing the smaller get togethers happening all over the place. If these keep happening at the rate that they are, everybody will have an option to attend one or more of them. Whether it be near or far.....

Craig M

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

Yeah, we were considering the national park and base camping in Chisos campground. It was dual purpose for me since I plan a separate trip for a week with my wife and daughter.