OB Members Nebraska

• HTML tutorial

price.7117

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Sidney, NE, USA
Member #

Hey there! I'm out of Sidney and about 3 hours away from the Rockies! Currently, my wife and I run around in a stock 07 Hummer H3 Adventure with our two little ones. I have to say with weather warming up, we are more than looking forward to getting back out and exploring! 20180628_170326.jpeg

Reactions: ToyoMo and ForceXXI

ForceXXI

Rank VI
Launch Member
Investor

Explorer I

Grand Island, Ne
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Haar
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Army
Hey there! I'm out of Sidney and about 3 hours away from the Rockies! Currently, my wife and I run around in a stock 07 Hummer H3 Adventure with our two little ones. I have to say with weather warming up, we are more than looking forward to getting back out and exploring! View attachment 95670
You and me both but I'm really starting to wonder when the warmer weather is gonna get here and stay... Lol.

shad0fx

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Lincoln, NE
First Name
Joe
Last Name
DeMarco
Member #

Something I've always thought would be fun to do would be getting a group of overlanders and just travel the state. Pick a highway and go end to end. Like highway 30, or Highway 6. or even make a loop around Nebraska. I know it wouldn't be as scenic as some of the mountain areas folks seem to visit, but it would be cool to explore our state!

JK_pix

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lincoln, Nebraska
First Name
Vishal
Last Name
Singh
Member #

That sounds pretty cool actually. Our state has plenty of scenic areas just not in the way that mountain states do. I'd be up for something like this! One of the best driving roads that motorcycles and sports cars frequent is just about 40 minutes east of Lincoln. It's got curvy driving roads and nice scenery going up north.

price.7117

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Sidney, NE, USA
Member #

I'd be game. Theres some national grasslands/forests in the northwestern side of the state as well and plenty of dirt roads to boot. Could make one heck of a loop around the state.

Reactions: ForceXXI

taylorqj

Rank 0

Contributor I

Thant my friend is a nice ride! Love that blacked out look. The wheel color, is that titanium? I like the contrast of them. I had debated that color myself but couldn't find any examples.
thanks man, it's dark bronze and I'll agree it goes great with a black out look! this was the only dark bronze wheel I could find that looked great.. take a look at SCS wheels they do a few in that color if I recall

shad0fx

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Lincoln, NE
First Name
Joe
Last Name
DeMarco
Member #

That sounds pretty cool actually. Our state has plenty of scenic areas just not in the way that mountain states do. I'd be up for something like this! One of the best driving roads that motorcycles and sports cars frequent is just about 40 minutes east of Lincoln. It's got curvy driving roads and nice scenery going up north.
Which road is that?

shad0fx

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Lincoln, NE
First Name
Joe
Last Name
DeMarco
Member #

As a start, would there be any interest in a segment of such a trip over the May 31-Jun2 weekend?
I was thinking this would be fun. But just got out of the hospital. So I'm having to work double time to make up some hours and pay the Bill's. My overlanding trips this year may be cut off for a while. That's life I guess.