Garner, Iowa USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
DIce
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0YDI
Greatings from North Central Iowa. We enjoy camping and traveling. Our longest trip was to Moab. Had a lot of fun and really got the bug. I like to innovate and try new things and places. Looking forward to more adventures this year. JeepFeb2018RInside.jpg

taylorqj

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hey all, I've been poking around forums searching for others around the Omaha, NE area that are interested in off-roading or overlanding! Finally found a spot!

I'm running a OR 4Runner and looking to wheel with people in the area. I'm available most weekends and work remotely.. so trips that are extended a little outside of the weekend work for me. I was previously a Jeep owner, switched to a Subaru, and finally switched to a 4Runner.. I missed the capability. That said, I'm in the process of building this little guy up.. trying to decide on Kings or Fox for suspension but everything else is picked and planned to purchase!

Side note: where's the Omaha 4Runner club at?! :grin:

Reactions: Victor Suezo

Tundra thompson

Rank III

Contributor III

Omaha, NE, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Thompson
Will be nice to have everything up front ready to go instead of digging around in the back for stuff I need to air up or down, or having the soft shackles and other recovery gear in one place

Reactions: ToyoMo

Bruners4

Rank I

Contributor III

Lincoln, NE
First Name
David
Last Name
Bruner
Member #

Hello from Lincoln, NE. I'm a car/motorcycle guy with most of my summer time riding around on my BMW motorcycles attending rallies. I grew up on a Nebraska farm in the David City area with livestock so being outdoors was a natural thing. Being an Eagle Scout has also reinforced my outdoors skills. I currently work in IT and enjoy wrenching and exploring. Current exploration vehicle is a '96 Eddie Bauer Bronco. Here is a picture on the Lincoln Hiway,
https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=505&pictureid=3993
Currently we are planning to attend the Bronco Safari.

ToyoMo

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Eagle, NE
Member #

Oh cool! What line of work?

that's a sweet rig you have goin over there did you fab that all yourself?

edit: just saw it's NWTI weld yourself kit? i didn't even know that existed -- looks great
My best friend is helping me with the welding. It has actually turned into a giant pain in the arse.... looked great on paper but there has been a lot of pieces that didn’t quite fit right with a lot of filling, grinding and trimming to make it all square. So many hours of labor.... I would have been better off buying ARB and Slee.... Once we get the bumpers done the 6 cylinder is going away and an LS is getting swapped in.

Reactions: taylorqj

shad0fx

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Lincoln, NE
First Name
Joe
Last Name
DeMarco
Member #

Hello from Lincoln, NE. I'm a car/motorcycle guy with most of my summer time riding around on my BMW motorcycles attending rallies. I grew up on a Nebraska farm in the David City area with livestock so being outdoors was a natural thing. Being an Eagle Scout has also reinforced my outdoors skills. I currently work in IT and enjoy wrenching and exploring. Current exploration vehicle is a '96 Eddie Bauer Bronco. Here is a picture on the Lincoln Hiway,
https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=505&pictureid=3993
Currently we are planning to attend the Bronco Safari.
Welcome!!!

taylorqj

Rank 0

Contributor I

My best friend is helping me with the welding. It has actually turned into a giant pain in the arse.... looked great on paper but there has been a lot of pieces that didn’t quite fit right with a lot of filling, grinding and trimming to make it all square. So many hours of labor.... I would have been better off buying ARB and Slee.... Once we get the bumpers done the 6 cylinder is going away and an LS is getting swapped in.
oof, yeah that sounds like maybe just throwing money at it would have been better :laughing:.. you're putting in a v8? dude I can't wait to see that

Last edited:
Reactions: shad0fx and ToyoMo

resqr1

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Omaha
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Ramaeker
Member #

Hi all. I have a 2017 JKU. Modified a little for a RTT. It's still a work in progress. Took it to Colorado last year for some trails and camping. HOOKED!!!!

FYI ... Fullerton flooded big time. They only allow vehicles on the trails a few times a year. May 24-26 is the first weekend. Hopefully, it will be ready.

Reactions: shad0fx

taylorqj

Rank 0

Contributor I

front looks super clean coated, is that a single swing rear? i've been looking at that dual cbi one but it's $$$

keep those build photos coming :smiley:

ToyoMo

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Eagle, NE
Member #

front looks super clean coated, is that a single swing rear? i've been looking at that dual cbi one but it's $$$

keep those build photos coming :smiley:
Yea, just a single swing. They wanted another $400 for the dual swing option. Not worth it to me for that kind of money. It doesn’t matter what brand u buy, it’s all $$$, especially land cruiser stuff... lol