Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I like the idea of this but for the life of me I have not been able to get the map to ever load. I just get the spinning circle and that's it. I can get it to load on my phone which is old as can be but not on my somewhat new updated desktop.
Try looking in the security settings on your browser, and turn them off for OB

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I must admit it always been an issue for me but it's not something I worry about. My screen always changes to the map display but the map rarely ever shows itself.

I can get by without the need for the map.

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

Some of the Colors and Symbols:

1. Gold - OB Member
2. Black - Forum user, not OB member yet
3. Red Badge - Rally Point event
4. Purple Badge - Mechanic
5. Jeep - Trail & Info
6. Feather - SVRA
7. Tent - Camping Spot
And many others....
Any way this (or a complete) key could be included with the map?

Munga Brown

Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

Another issue with the map, every option is "checked" to show, which crowds the map with unwanted info. If you are able to open the map, un-check all the options (campsites, mechanics, wifi, blah blah), and once you've got them clear, check only what you're looking for. I got some minor improvement in performance when I did that.

matto85

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Detroit, MI, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
O
Member #

Hello! I've paid for membership and I believe I've completed all the steps I need to for membership.

But I don't see my member number.

And may I have the Member badge so I can use the maps feature?

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello! I've paid for membership and I believe I've completed all the steps I need to for membership.

But I don't see my member number.

And may I have the Member badge so I can use the maps feature?
Welcome. Yes your member number will give you access to the maps, a long with other Features of the forums.
read the first post in Have a Member Number, Upgrade Your Account, then fill out your details (shipping order number found in your confirmation email) and tag Amanda1248 by adding a @ in front of Amanda1248.

AdventureGuy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Paul
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N4SAP
I have been waiting for my location to pop up on the members map, but I am still not listed as a member. What do I do?

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I have been waiting for my location to pop up on the members map, but I am still not listed as a member. What do I do?
Map problem sent to HQ

HaveRuckWillTravel

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Raymond, Mississippi, United States
First Name
Mack
Last Name
McCord
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF5PB
My problem is that I bought a membership last Sunday with the understanding that my membership number would be emailed to me so I could access the map function. Now, it is Thursday and I just got a notification that my order has shipped, but still no membership number. I sent two emails to Customer Service and so far I have received no reply. Not even an acknowledgement that my emails were received or that anyone cared. I am leaving the country tomorrow on a trip and had hoped to check in regularly on the map. Oh well, guess that isn't going to happen now.

Reactions: M Rose

Munga Brown

Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

My problem is that I bought a membership last Sunday with the understanding that my membership number would be emailed to me so I could access the map function. Now, it is Thursday and I just got a notification that my order has shipped, but still no membership number. I sent two emails to Customer Service and so far I have received no reply. Not even an acknowledgement that my emails were received or that anyone cared. I am leaving the country tomorrow on a trip and had hoped to check in regularly on the map. Oh well, guess that isn't going to happen now.
@Michael!

Hang in there, Mack... someone will be with you shortly!!

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Send a message to @Jim SoG include shipping number and your full name he will be able to hook you up...

Status
Not open for further replies.