• HTML tutorial

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Hey Everybody!
I'm David and I'm in Golden. Longtime dual sport/off-road/Adventure motorcyclist, but have been off the bike for a few years. Just picked myself up a 2011 Land Rover LR4 and am hoping to use her to extend my range into my favorite mountain, canyon, and desert areas. Joined OB to learn about the bare necessities of rig prep, safety, and general off-road/overlanding knowledge... and hopefully make new friends in the process.

Cheers!

View attachment 174985
Welcome David, Carlos puts together a lot of outings. With everyone up north. But don't hesitate to post your own intentions and see if others can join you. I try to tag alone when things work out. David, from Englewood (not far from Golden)

Reactions: Aeroscout

Contributor I

Golden, Colorafdo
First Name
Narsisco
Last Name
Lopez
Welcome David, Carlos puts together a lot of outings. With everyone up north. But don't hesitate to post your own intentions and see if others can join you. I try to tag alone when things work out. David, from Englewood (not far from Golden)
THANKS! I'll definitely keep an eye out!

Advocate I

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Wade
Last Name
Jackman
Member #

Hey CO folks! Just saw this thread and thought I'd drop in. Stumbled into OB a few months back and I'm really impressed by what a great community this is. I live in NW Denver and work in Boulder. Been in Colorado about 8 years now. Love to travel but Covid has us grounded for awhile so just trying to get out and explore the Southwest as much as possible. If you see me around stop and say hi!
2020-10-19 Utah26.jpg

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Hey Everybody!
I'm David and I'm in Golden. Longtime dual sport/off-road/Adventure motorcyclist, but have been off the bike for a few years. Just picked myself up a 2011 Land Rover LR4 and am hoping to use her to extend my range into my favorite mountain, canyon, and desert areas. Joined OB to learn about the bare necessities of rig prep, safety, and general off-road/overlanding knowledge... and hopefully make new friends in the process.

Cheers!

View attachment 174985
Welcome Narsisco! Plenty of useful resources here, start digging!

trail_runn4r

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Hey CO folks! Just saw this thread and thought I'd drop in. Stumbled into OB a few months back and I'm really impressed by what a great community this is. I live in NW Denver and work in Boulder. Been in Colorado about 8 years now. Love to travel but Covid has us grounded for awhile so just trying to get out and explore the Southwest as much as possible. If you see me around stop and say hi!
View attachment 175051
Welcome Wade! Really great setup :openmouth:

Reactions: astroflashjones

trail_runn4r

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Hey guys,

We are planning a day trip for this Saturday, November 7th, in the Colorado Springs area.

More details tomorrow but if you think you might go, watch this space for a Rally Point with all the details!

Reactions: FR33DOM

Aeroscout

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Denver, CO
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Kennard
Member #

Hi everyone,

I’m new to the online overland community, but not overlanding, per se. I’m old enough to know this used to be called the less glamorous “car camping.” Same thing though - vehicle based adventure. Throw your gear in a rig and go somewhere cool...

I’m a Boulder native, but I’ve lived all over the country and abroad. Spending time in the backcountry is my passion, whether it’s pushing big, fast miles ultra running, thru-hiking or glamping with my partner in a RTT on our overland adventure rig. My style has always been light, fast and far. I’m not a hardcore wheeler, but prefer less technical adventures. Less broken stuff to fix.

I’ve run 3 Jeeps, a 4 Runner and a Range Rover. I’m currently building out a 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad DCSB. I’m about 2/3 of my way through the build plan.

My partner & I just got back from an 8-week off-grid overland tour of Arizona, Utah, Idaho, Oregon, Washington, Montana, Wyoming and home to Colorado. Spent too much time running away from wildfires, only to return home to the same destruction. Here’s a couple camp pics from the trip.

I look forward to meeting folks and spending time with the community once this Covid crap is over.

Scott

Oregon Dunes as the wildfires erupted across the state
View attachment 174719

Escaping the smoke on the Washington Olympic Peninsula
View attachment 174714
I'm really late to the party, but welcome! Sounds like you two had an amazing adventure. Would love to spend 8 weeks off-grid! Would be great if you could join this weekend's trail run. Pike National Forest Overland - Overland Bound

Last edited:

Aeroscout

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Denver, CO
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Kennard
Member #

Hey Everybody!

Cheers!

View attachment 174985
Welcome to the group David. If you up for it, we are doing a run this Saturday. Would be great to meet you. Pike National Forest Overland - Overland Bound

HAVA

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Boulder, CO
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Andrews
I'm really late to the party, but welcome! Sounds like you two had an amazing adventure. Would love to spend 8 weeks off-grid! Would be great if you could join this weekend's trail run. Pike National Forest Overland - Overland Bound
Hi, would love to join the group this weekend, but am in quarantine. My daughter just tested positive unfortunately. She’s fine. It’s mild.

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
Hi, would love to join the group this weekend, but am in quarantine. My daughter just tested positive unfortunately. She’s fine. It’s mild.
My wife and I both got it the first week in Feb. Mine was 3 days of high fever then rapidly got better. The wife felt like crap for about two weeks and blamed me the whole time ;-)

I am hoping to have at least a get together some time before the first of the year if it all works out. Hope to see you there.

Reactions: HAVA

Aeroscout

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Denver, CO
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Kennard
Member #

Sorry to hear about your daughter and glad she is fine. Hope you all continue to stay healthy!

Reactions: HAVA

Connor 27

Rank 0

Contributor I

Colorado
First Name
David
Last Name
Chimovitz
Member #

Hi All, just joined the group and wanted to say hello. I live near Glenwood Springs and looking to meet up with some of you next when the snow melts. Just getting into it all, consciously that is, and slowly gearing up for some exploratory trips. Looking forward to some Flat Top exploring.

Aeroscout

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Denver, CO
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Kennard
Member #

Hi All, just joined the group and wanted to say hello. I live near Glenwood Springs and looking to meet up with some of you next when the snow melts. Just getting into it all, consciously that is, and slowly gearing up for some exploratory trips. Looking forward to some Flat Top exploring.
Welcome to the group! We tend to be pretty active so I hope there will be some opportunities to join a trail run before the end of winter. Look forward to meeting you!

AlamoCruiser

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Colorado, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Hernandez
Member #

Hey yall, thought I'd introduce myself! I'm moving up to the Denver area (from Texas) for work in February and I can't wait to see what the mountains have in store for me! I drive a 2003 Lexus LX470, currently in the building stage. I'm hoping to meet some people up there to wheel with, Texas can be difficult sometimes to find people to go on the trails with. Cheers!

P.S. I've got brand new KM3 Mud Terrains on my truck right now. I had some people tell me I'm gonna have a terrible time with them during the snow season, is it bad enough that I should get a winter set to drive my truck on? I'd like to know realistically instead of people sensationalizing like they do on Facebook lol

IMG_3470.jpg Twin Buttes 27.09.2020 (2).png