Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Denver, CO
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Kennard
Member #

Hello everyone my name is Sean this is my rig The Great White Turd 2006 jeep grand Cherokee wk on a modified superlift kit current sitting just under 6 inches of lift running 295/70/17 bfg km3s

I'm the owner and operator of Colorados first and only all Grand Cherokee wk club
We host meet and Greets and trail runs all summer long.

Hope to see some yall on the trails also follow my jeeps adventures on my IG page
@the_great_white_turd

Hi Sean. Impressive rig! Look forward to seeing you on the trail some day!

Reactions: The_Great_White_Wk

The_Great_White_Wk

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Littleton, CO, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Shanahan
Member #

Hello everyone my name is Sean this is my rig The Great White Turd 2006 jeep grand Cherokee wk on a modified superlift kit current sitting just under 6 inches of lift running 295/70/17 bfg km3s

I'm the owner and operator of Colorados first and only all Grand Cherokee wk club

Hope to see some yall on the trails also follow my jeeps adventures on my IG page
@the_great_white_turd
Hi Sean,
Nice looking rig and pics. Looks like you get out on trails quite a bit! Look forward to meeting in the future.
Thanks this weekend would be my 22nd trip for the summer try to get as much trailing in as possible while 5-6 days a week

Reactions: Zappe

The_Great_White_Wk

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Littleton, CO, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Shanahan
Member #

@the_great_white_turd

Hi Sean. Impressive rig! Look forward to seeing you on the trail some day!
Thanks shes been a handful but definitely worth it. I'm always out and about so if ya spot me dont hesitate to stop and say what's up

The_Great_White_Wk

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Littleton, CO, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Shanahan
Member #

@the_great_white_turd
Welcome Sean! Great rig and name!
Thanks I love her but shes definitely a turd at points

gino

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Boulder County, CO, USA
First Name
Gino
Last Name
Zahnd
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JGE
Howdy folks, #922 here, aka Gino.

We’ve landed (back) in Boulder County, and have been exploring a lot of the Front Range and northern CO.

I had a very active crew in the Pacific Northwest with Veteran Overland, and have been out a couple times with Rising Sun 4x4 here in Colorado. I’ve also done a ton of long trips from western Canada to Mexico, all the BDRs in OR, WA, and Idaho, as well as some iconic technical 4x4 trails in Canada and the US. I like mixing in hiking, backpacking, fly fishing, and mountain biking into trips as well.

I’ll keep an eye on the events page - it’d be great to meet some new folks (from a distance). And if you‘re between Boulder County and Ft. Collins, holler.

Here’s a photo of my 1992 HZJ73 Land Cruiser from Japan. We also have a built 200 Series Land Cruiser for longer trips.

Cheers,
Gino

Attachments

Aeroscout

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Denver, CO
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Kennard
Member #

Welcome (back) Gino. Very cool rig. I assume it's right hand drive? Look forward to seeing it in action.

Reactions: gino

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

We’ve landed (back) in Boulder County, and have been exploring a lot of the Front Range and northern CO.

I had a very active crew in the Pacific Northwest with Veteran Overland, and have been out a couple times with Rising Sun 4x4 here in Colorado. I’ve also done a ton of long trips from western Canada to Mexico, all the BDRs in OR, WA, and Idaho, as well as some iconic technical 4x4 trails in Canada and the US. I like mixing in hiking, backpacking, fly fishing, and mountain biking into trips as well.

I’ll keep an eye on the events page - it’d be great to meet some new folks (from a distance). And if you‘re between Boulder County and Ft. Collins, holler.

Here’s a photo of my 1992 HZJ73 Land Cruiser from Japan. We also have a built 200 Series Land Cruiser for longer trips.

Cheers,
Gino
Gino here is some updated CO information you might be interested in.
Our new Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @the_runn4r & @Fortis Overland
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Facebook Groups

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW

Cheers,
Gino
Welcome Gino!

We're headed to Moab for the long weekend coming up if you'd like to join us.

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Cheers,
Gino
Welcome Gino! Great rig.

Leirbag

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Wilensky
Member #

Hi folks! I am thinking of visiting Colorado from Southern California in maybe a week or two. In particular, the area around Durango/Telluride/Ouray. Is that too late? Will it be crazy cold (as in to sleep inside the vehicle, but somewhere in the mountains)? How about snow? Will the trails be closed by then?

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Hi folks! I am thinking of visiting Colorado from Southern California in maybe a week or two. In particular, the area around Durango/Telluride/Ouray. Is that too late? Will it be crazy cold (as in to sleep inside the vehicle, but somewhere in the mountains)? How about snow? Will the trails be closed by then?
I think it will be ok until November 1 to visit the area unless we get dumped on. Maybe even later. I imagine a few trails might be closed but there is so much in the area you will still have a great time. Do be prepared for cold weather at night. (I sleep in the back of my Xj with a -20 oversized sleeping bag comfortably) We are planning on camping somewhere over the weekend of 16th-18th probably near Buena Vista maybe off Tincup pass.

wishihada4runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Greetings! Just moved back to CO after a three year hiatus to WI (where I'm originally from) and a year in Boise. Joined the forum when I lived in Boise and met a couple really great people! Looking forward to going on some trips with folks and finding some great trails in Northern Colorado. Currently living in Fort Collins and it looks like the end of the world up here right now with all the smoke. Glad to be back and hoping for some moisture for the mountains soon!

Mike

Reactions: JCarter

trail_runn4r

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Greetings! Just moved back to CO after a three year hiatus to WI (where I'm originally from) and a year in Boise. Joined the forum when I lived in Boise and met a couple really great people! Looking forward to going on some trips with folks and finding some great trails in Northern Colorado. Currently living in Fort Collins and it looks like the end of the world up here right now with all the smoke. Glad to be back and hoping for some moisture for the mountains soon!

Mike
welcome Mike!

HAVA

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Boulder, CO
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Andrews
Hi everyone,

I’m new to the online overland community, but not overlanding, per se. I’m old enough to know this used to be called the less glamorous “car camping.” Same thing though - vehicle based adventure. Throw your gear in a rig and go somewhere cool...

I’m a Boulder native, but I’ve lived all over the country and abroad. Spending time in the backcountry is my passion, whether it’s pushing big, fast miles ultra running, thru-hiking or glamping with my partner in a RTT on our overland adventure rig. My style has always been light, fast and far. I’m not a hardcore wheeler, but prefer less technical adventures. Less broken stuff to fix.

I’ve run 3 Jeeps, a 4 Runner and a Range Rover. I’m currently building out a 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad DCSB. I’m about 2/3 of my way through the build plan.

My partner & I just got back from an 8-week off-grid overland tour of Arizona, Utah, Idaho, Oregon, Washington, Montana, Wyoming and home to Colorado. Spent too much time running away from wildfires, only to return home to the same destruction. Here’s a couple camp pics from the trip.

I look forward to meeting folks and spending time with the community once this Covid crap is over.

Scott

Oregon Dunes as the wildfires erupted across the state
FED965AF-8AC7-4B2E-8CC0-BCCD5FB4BC83.jpeg

Escaping the smoke on the Washington Olympic Peninsula
4038E9B1-00C0-4223-827A-4950AC948BFD.jpeg

Last edited:

trail_runn4r

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Hi Scott and welcome from Denver! Hope you are doing ok up there in Boulder.
8 weeks on the road is pretty impressive! Nice rig as well.

Reactions: HAVA

Contributor I

Golden, Colorafdo
First Name
Narsisco
Last Name
Lopez
Hey Everybody!
I'm David and I'm in Golden. Longtime dual sport/off-road/Adventure motorcyclist, but have been off the bike for a few years. Just picked myself up a 2011 Land Rover LR4 and am hoping to use her to extend my range into my favorite mountain, canyon, and desert areas. Joined OB to learn about the bare necessities of rig prep, safety, and general off-road/overlanding knowledge... and hopefully make new friends in the process.

Cheers!

2011-land-rover-lr4_01.jpg