Ivins, Utah, United States
First Name
joseph
Last Name
johnson
Member #

Service Branch
US ARMY
As for the opus it's not a rtt trailer it inflates like a cabin to quite large If I had the cash I'd definitely be springing for one cuz those things are quite luxurious and carry something like a few hundred liters of water built-in[/QUOTE]

I am starting to look into trailers as retirement is looming however I cant bring myself to see the value in a trailer that costs more than my rig did when new 5 yrs ago. The trailer companies seem to be following harley davidson down the unsustainable rabbit hole

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW

Squidcop

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Weld County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Holliday
Member #

Hey there I’m Seth

I just picked up the keys to a 2021 Ram 2500 75th anniversary Power Wagon. After years of rock crawling Jeep TJs and XJs, I decided to pull the trigger on a full-size rig and try my hand at overlanding. My wife has a 2019 Jeep JL rubicon that we are also in the process of building for overland travel. We are from the Boulder County, Colorado area. When it comes to overland experience I would consider us more on the novice side. We camp very routinely but when it comes to vehicle dependent long distance travel we are open to learning new things. Our goals are to start small and hit all the national parks in the continental US. Looking forward to meeting new people in this community and very excited for the start of new adventures.159175FB-44C2-433B-AA0D-249CA1633F3C.jpeg

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Hey there I’m Seth

I just picked up the keys to a 2021 Ram 2500 75th anniversary Power Wagon. After years of rock crawling Jeep TJs and XJs, I decided to pull the trigger on a full-size rig and try my hand at overlanding. My wife has a 2019 Jeep JL rubicon that we are also in the process of building for overland travel. We are from the Boulder County, Colorado area. When it comes to overland experience I would consider us more on the novice side. We camp very routinely but when it comes to vehicle dependent long distance travel we are open to learning new things. Our goals are to start small and hit all the national parks in the continental US. Looking forward to meeting new people in this community and very excited for the start of new adventures.View attachment 197754
Welcome Seth!! That is an amazing machine.

Squidcop

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Weld County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Holliday
Member #

Hey there I’m Seth

I just picked up the keys to a 2021 Ram 2500 75th anniversary Power Wagon. After years of rock crawling Jeep TJs and XJs, I decided to pull the trigger on a full-size rig and try my hand at overlanding. My wife has a 2019 Jeep JL rubicon that we are also in the process of building for overland travel. We are from the Boulder County, Colorado area. When it comes to overland experience I would consider us more on the novice side. We camp very routinely but when it comes to vehicle dependent long distance travel we are open to learning new things. Our goals are to start small and hit all the national parks in the continental US. Looking forward to meeting new people in this community and very excited for the start of new adventures.View attachment 197754
Welcome Seth!! That is an amazing machine.
Thank you kindly! At this point I couldn’t be happier with it. Lots of plans in the works.

Brandon GBO

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Mouton
I'm Brandon, and recently joined the forum. My family and I like to get out and run trails, and adventure up in the mountains of Colorado.

We live just southeast of Denver. I drive a 2021 Chevy Colorado ZR2. This is fourth off-road vehicle, but have had a 4Runner, LX450 80 Series Land Cruiser and a Ford Ranger. This ZR2 has been a blast so far.

I used to do quite a bit of exploring before kids, and have gotten back into it over the last couple of years. We noticed that we prefer to travel spot to spot in our vehicle instead of camping in one place. This approach seemed very similar to overloading and we are now planning some 3-4 day trips.

Look forward to connecting with some local members!

Attachments

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

I'm Brandon, and recently joined the forum. My family and I like to get out and run trails, and adventure up in the mountains of Colorado.

We live just southeast of Denver. I drive a 2021 Chevy Colorado ZR2. This is fourth off-road vehicle, but have had a 4Runner, LX450 80 Series Land Cruiser and a Ford Ranger. This ZR2 has been a blast so far.

I used to do quite a bit of exploring before kids, and have gotten back into it over the last couple of years. We noticed that we prefer to travel spot to spot in our vehicle instead of camping in one place. This approach seemed very similar to overloading and we are now planning some 3-4 day trips.

Welcome to the community Brandon! I can honestly say we've got a pretty good group of people in the area all very friendly and welcoming. Keep an eye on rally point as the season opens more, I know my self and likely many other members will be posting trips and planning things both near and far from the Denver area soon.

Definitely have been seeing alot more zr2's around lately, I look forward to seeing how they do out on the trail!

Hope to see you out on the trails sometime soon !

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW

It'll be nice having another Chevy around.

Welcome!

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Welcome Brandon!

überlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Kultala
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army
Hello all! Moved here a few weeks ago, Colorado Springs, and just hit my first Colorado trail with a great friend of mine, it's called Rainbow Falls Mountain Trail and although it was Far more difficult than I thought it would be, my little Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk made it through everything without issue! (I still believe you can have the best rig in the world but without experience, you'd get stuck) Attached some videos and pictures for all to enjoy!IMG_2112.jpgIMG_2110.jpgIMG_2115.jpg

Attachments

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Hello all! Moved here a few weeks ago, Colorado Springs, and just hit my first Colorado trail with a great friend of mine, it's called Rainbow Falls Mountain Trail and although it was Far more difficult than I thought it would be, my little Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk made it through everything without issue! (I still believe you can have the best rig in the world but without experience, you'd get stuck) Attached some videos and pictures for all to enjoy!
Welcome!

Be sure to check Rally Points for upcoming events. Dunno if you're available on Monday mornings, but I think there's a meetup planned this Monday.

überlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

First Name
James
Last Name
Kultala
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army
Welcome!

Be sure to check Rally Points for upcoming events. Dunno if you're available on Monday mornings, but I think there's a meetup planned this Monday.
I do have the day off, I'll check with the boss and see if she and my boys are ready to go meet and greet!

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

Hello all! Moved here a few weeks ago, Colorado Springs, and just hit my first Colorado trail with a great friend of mine, it's called Rainbow Falls Mountain Trail and although it was Far more difficult than I thought it would be, my little Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk made it through everything without issue! (I still believe you can have the best rig in the world but without experience, you'd get stuck) Attached some videos and pictures for all to enjoy!View attachment 199643View attachment 199645View attachment 199646
Welcome to the community James. I know amongst the Jeep community those trail-hawks are a hell of alot more capable than most people think they are. We are up in the FOCO area but hopefully we get to meet out on the trails or at an event !

Cheers.

überlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

First Name
James
Last Name
Kultala
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army
Welcome to the community James. I know amongst the Jeep community those trail-hawks are a hell of alot more capable than most people think they are. We are up in the FOCO area but hopefully we get to meet out on the trails or at an event !

Cheers.
Thank you much! And yes, I'm always down for a long trip if ya'll ever want to meet halfway!

k5nutt

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Grand Junction Colorado
Member #

20210519_122818 (Large).jpg
Finally got the old girl back home from the camper build in Durango. So far so good save a canvas attachment problem i have to sort out and of course new springs built for the added weight etc. Hopefully a month from now i can get it in the dirt an do my first weekend in the dirt.

20210519_135440 (Large).jpg

20210519_115908 (Large).jpg
20210519_115350 (Large).jpg
20210519_122253 (Large).jpg

20210519_122118 (Large).jpg
20210519_144848 (Large).jpg
Last picture shows the canvas attachment issue up front. The keder welt rail looks like hamburger. Trying to determine size of welt and rail so i can find new rail since i am going to have to fix this myself as the builder seems to think a glue would help the issue out...