Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Monument, CO
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Woodward
Member #

I'm Mike from Monument, CO. Just getting started in to Overlanding and currently building out my 2019 Ford F150 with a 3.0 liter diesel out. I had a two inch leveling kit installed with some Fox shocks in the rear, plus added a rack and Decked storage system. New front and rear bumpers, winch and offroad lights are in the works waiting for the parts to come in.

I'm finding it easy to get caught up in the upgrades, while I sit at home instead of being in the mountains. I recently ordered the tent from the Overland store, so putting together the basics, which should help me figure out what I need. I was planning on going with the rooftop tent, but I plan to bring my dog camping with me and hauling a 150lb dog up to a roof top tent and down isn't feasible at my age. For now, we'll use the Gazelle tent and have a visit sked at the end of the month to Boreas and Hiker trailer to see about an offroad trailer option.

2019 Ford F-150 Lariat Diesel 2.jpg

Last edited:

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

I'm Mike from Monument, CO. Just getting started in to Overlanding and currently building out my 2019 Ford F150 with a 3.0 liter diesel out. I had a two inch leveling kit installed with some Fox shocks in the rear, plus added a rack and Decked storage system. New front and rear bumpers, winch and offroad lights are in the works waiting for the parts to come in.

I'm finding it easy to get caught up in the upgrades, while I sit at home instead of being in the mountains. I recently ordered the tent from the Overland store, so putting together the basics, which should help me figure out what I need. I was planning on going with the rooftop tent, but I plan to bring my dog camping with me and hauling a 150lb dog up to a roof top tent and down isn't feasible at my age. For now, we'll use the Gazelle tent and have a visit sked at the end of the month to Boreas and Hiker trailer to see about an offroad trailer option.

View attachment 161876
Hi Mike, welcome from Denver!

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Spicy Taco

Rank V

Enthusiast I

Fremont County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Alan
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Hello All,

My name is Alan and I am in the Colorado Springs area. Driving a 96 Tacoma with front bumper, winch, lights, and most of the necessary tools needed I believe. Still new to overlanding and got inspired from watching the videos and of course who doesn’t want to modify their truck. Looking forward to exploring and meeting some good people.

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

Welcome to the Group Mike! Nice F150! What kinda dog D'yall have? 150lbs is one large dog, i thought the 60lb dogs we have were large.

Hello All,

My name is Alan and I am in the Colorado Springs area. Driving a 96 Tacoma with front bumper, winch, lights, and most of the necessary tools needed I believe. Still new to overlanding and got inspired from watching the videos and of course who doesn’t want to modify their truck. Looking forward to exploring and meeting some good people.
Welcome to the group Alan. Sounds like you built your tacoma to handle just about everything out here.

Looking forward to meeting you both

Last edited:

Aeroscout

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Denver, CO
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Kennard
Member #

A bit behind here
Hey Everyone,

My name is Charles, I'm new to Overland Bound, and to Overlanding in general. Excited to be apart of the Colorado community. I live in Loveland CO. The pic below is of my T4R that i just bought. It has some modifications already which will certainly help my journey!
View attachment 158992
Nice truck with some great mods. Love the low profile number, which one is it?

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Spicy Taco

Rank V

Enthusiast I

Fremont County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Alan
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Thanks @Iridium, @Aeroscout @Jeepwatchman. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Hey @Spicy Taco ! Keep your eyes open on the Rally Point section for upcoming trips! @the_runn4r has a trip planned this weekend if you want to tag along!
What’s the trip and when? I have been trying to keep my eyes on that and I believe I have only seen the Medano pass coming on the 18th. I normally work the weekends cause I like to have the weekdays off due to less crowds but that can be changed ahead of time if my business partner is available. Thanks for letting me know.

trail_runn4r

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

What’s the trip and when? I have been trying to keep my eyes on that and I believe I have only seen the Medano pass coming on the 18th. I normally work the weekends cause I like to have the weekdays off due to less crowds but that can be changed ahead of time if my business partner is available. Thanks for letting me know.
Sorry for the delay, you can find it here.

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW

Dave Purvis

Rank VII

Creator II

Elizabeth, Colorado, United States
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Purvis
Member #

Hi Everyone,

I'm Dave from Parker, CO. I've been an OB member for a long time, and for whatever reason, never really engaged on the forums. I've seen so much growth in the community, and all the contributions all of the members have and continue to make, and am remiss for not getting involved sooner! Better late than never I suppose!

I've slowly built out my 2017 Tacoma TRD Pro, just reaching a point where I can really stretch it out and hit some really tough and remote trails. Lived in CO since 88 and spent a lot of time in the hills, but there's always more to explore!

Looking forward to connecting with members, joining some rallies, and getting out there with the Colorado OB crew.

Cheers,

Dave

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Hi Everyone,

I'm Dave from Parker, CO. I've been an OB member for a long time, and for whatever reason, never really engaged on the forums. I've seen so much growth in the community, and all the contributions all of the members have and continue to make, and am remiss for not getting involved sooner! Better late than never I suppose!

I've slowly built out my 2017 Tacoma TRD Pro, just reaching a point where I can really stretch it out and hit some really tough and remote trails. Lived in CO since 88 and spent a lot of time in the hills, but there's always more to explore!

Looking forward to connecting with members, joining some rallies, and getting out there with the Colorado OB crew.

Cheers,

Dave

It's great to meet you, David. We have a very active group on the front range. We communicate a great deal through Telegram. @the_runn4r can get you hooked up if you're interested.

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

Hi Everyone,

Cheers,

Dave
Hi Dave! Welcome to the community, I look forward to meeting you sometime in the near future!

The_Great_White_Wk

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Littleton, CO, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Shanahan
Member #

Hello everyone my name is Sean this is my rig The Great White Turd 2006 jeep grand Cherokee wk on a modified superlift kit current sitting just under 6 inches of lift running 295/70/17 bfg km3s

I'm the owner and operator of Colorados first and only all Grand Cherokee wk club
We host meet and Greets and trail runs all summer long.

Hope to see some yall on the trails also follow my jeeps adventures on my IG page
@the_great_white_turd

Attachments

trail_runn4r

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Hello everyone my name is Sean this is my rig The Great White Turd 2006 jeep grand Cherokee wk on a modified superlift kit current sitting just under 6 inches of lift running 295/70/17 bfg km3s

I'm the owner and operator of Colorados first and only all Grand Cherokee wk club

Hope to see some yall on the trails also follow my jeeps adventures on my IG page
@the_great_white_turd
Welcome Sean! Great rig and name!

Reactions: The_Great_White_Wk

Zappe

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Dacono, CO, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Dean
Member #

@the_great_white_turd
Hi Sean,
Nice looking rig and pics. Looks like you get out on trails quite a bit! Look forward to meeting in the future.

Reactions: The_Great_White_Wk