Michael
Last Name
McLeish
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W1MMC
Service Branch
USAF
Sorry I won't be able to go up that far North this weekend @carlo_donz . Not to take away from that group but wanted to gauge interest if anyone wants to do a ride closer to Colorado Springs on Sunday. I'm too new to wheeling in the area to make many suggestions. Was thinking of Shubarth loop or Balanced rock (but sounds like Rampart Range Rd may still be closed at that point). I'm also game for Gold Camp area or Mount Hermon Rd if the others are not a go... Any takers?

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

Out of curiosity are y'all familiar with the COTrex (colorado trail explorer) application? Seems fairly decent for discovering different MVUM trails, however doesnt have any information about difficulty rating etc. What other resources would y'all recommend beyond the Funtrek's book/app

JCarter

Rank V
Investor

Member III

Firestone, Weld County, Colorado, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0LRZ
Out of curiosity are y'all familiar with the COTrex (colorado trail explorer) application? Seems fairly decent for discovering different MVUM trails, however doesnt have any information about difficulty rating etc. What other resources would y'all recommend beyond the Funtrek's book/app
No, I am not I downloaded it and that was it. I use Google maps, Giai GPS, Google Earth.

For research, I use Google search engine, Trails Offroad: Explore the Best 4x4, ATV, Overland, Jeep, and Truck Offroad Trails in Your Area | Trails Offroad, National Forest System Trails | US Forest Service, Overland Bound Form, YouTube, and Funtrek's.

Also, you can go with local off-road clubs like Larimer County Four Wheel Drive Club – The Mountaineers who are in Fort Collins.

Last edited:

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Yes, I know it but I use it mainly for hiking. For offroading, it is not well documented.

ColoradoJosh

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Yang
Hi Josh, Is your rig stock?
Mainly.

Lifted 2.5 front, 1.5 rear on Fox 2.5 resi shocks. HS AAL pack. Sitting on 275/70/17 Falken Wildpeak ATW3s. Looking for sliders next. Looking for easy trails to start off to get my feet wet in the world of overlanding, and until I get sliders.

Last edited:

JCarter

Rank V
Investor

Member III

First Name
John
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0LRZ
Mainly.

Lifted 2.5 front, 1.5 rear on Fox 2.5 resi shocks. HS AAL pack. Sitting on 275/70/17 Falken Wildpeak ATW3s. Looking for sliders next. Looking for easy/medium trails to start off, getting my feet wet.
@carlo_donz, @JDGreens and I are thinking of exploring south of Deckers, CO Saturday, and finding a spot to camp into Sunday if you are interested.

@Iridium I think is looking to explore a trail in Fort Collins area Saturday, might reach out to him and see.

ColoradoJosh

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Yang
@carlo_donz, @JDGreens and I are thinking of exploring south of Deckers, CO Saturday, and finding a spot to camp into Sunday if you are interested.

@Iridium I think is looking to explore a trail in Fort Collins area Saturday, might reach out to him and see.
Yes, that sounds very interesting forsure, and something I'd be interested in. What are the trails difficultly rating out there?

JCarter

Rank V
Investor

Member III

First Name
John
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0LRZ
Yes, that sounds very interesting forsure, and something I'd be interested in. What are the trails difficultly rating out there?
I think there is a little of everything out there. JDGreen has explored the area more than any of us; I was on a trail run in the area last Sunday, therefore that is the extent of my knowledge.
Carlo rig is stock height, so that determines what we can do and if we need to turn around.

trail_runn4r

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Mainly.

Lifted 2.5 front, 1.5 rear on Fox 2.5 resi shocks. HS AAL pack. Sitting on 275/70/17 Falken Wildpeak ATW3s. Looking for sliders next. Looking for easy trails to start off to get my feet wet in the world of overlanding, and until I get sliders.
Man, I wouldn't call this stock! LOL

Aeroscout

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Denver, CO
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Kennard
Member #

Greetings everyone. I'm Rod, my wife Lori and I live in Aurora and have done only a bit of off-road and overlanding. Our rig is a 2016 4Runner Trail which other than sliders and upgraded tires is all stock. Looking forward to getting back out on the trail as soon as current events and work will allow.

IMG_5424.jpeg

Zappe

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Dacono, CO, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Dean
Member #

Greetings everyone. I'm Rod, my wife Lori and I live in Aurora and have done only a bit of off-road and overlanding. Our rig is a 2016 4Runner Trail which other than sliders and upgraded tires is all stock. Looking forward to getting back out on the trail as soon as current events and work will allow.

View attachment 153743
Hi Rod, I’m up north in Dacono. Looks like you’re ready for some camping with that nice overland trailer! I enjoy the off-roading for sure; haven’t done any camping yet but think that’s about to change soon when I get my tent in.

Reactions: Aeroscout

Aeroscout

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Denver, CO
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Kennard
Member #

Hi Rod, I’m up north in Dacono. Looks like you’re ready for some camping with that nice overland trailer! I enjoy the off-roading for sure; haven’t done any camping yet but think that’s about to change soon when I get my tent in.
Thanks, we purchased it a few years ago and do enjoy it quite a bit. See you out there some day!

trail_runn4r

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

View attachment 153743
Welcome Rod, nice setup you got there!

Reactions: Aeroscout

Iridium

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

Hey everyone, thinking about doing a trail run somewhere up near Fort Collins thinking something low key and laid back like rustic or red feather lakes, anyone else interested?

Iridium

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

I’d be interested. My new AGM battery gets delivered today, but I’m free tomorrow and Monday.
Just got back a few minutes ago, ended up being an expensive trip, double sidewall puncture on one of the stock tires, so i ended up having to buy a new set (i wanted to any way just happened sooner). We're doing a family thing tomorrow but i'd be up for doing something on Monday

Last edited: