US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

I can share my compressor and just got a new battery in my 4Runner yesterday and my deflator only this week.
Awesome, Thank you!

**Edit** I just looked at my calendar and realized that I have to be at work on Sunday. So ill have to join yall next time

Last edited:
Reactions: Zappe

JCarter

Rank V
Investor

Member III

Firestone, Weld County, Colorado, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0LRZ
If anyone is interested, trail ride this Sunday, May 3rd. Details below:
Are you sure the area is open?
Boulder followed Denver with extending their closure. Boulder County Extends Stay-At-Home Order Through May 8 - Boulder County

086BF65A-DF02-4C6E-814D-3984376B0883.png

Zappe

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Dacono, CO, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Dean
Member #

It looks like most of the hiking trails are open and they are monitoring for overcrowded trail heads so I would think it’s open. They haven’t talked about county roads in Boulder county.

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

@JCarter im not 100% positive but I couldn’t find anything about trail closures.
I installed the “boulder trail app” and the hiking trails are listed as open.
I did also look on Instagram and found someone that went there recently so I think we are good to go.

Are you in? :grin:

JCarter

Rank V
Investor

Member III

First Name
John
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0LRZ
@JCarter im not 100% positive but I couldn’t find anything about trail closures.
I installed the “boulder trail app” and the hiking trails are listed as open.
I did also look on Instagram and found someone that went there recently so I think we are good to go.

Are you in? :grin:
I am thinking about it. If it is closed then the Peak to Peak Hwy is always a nice easy drive with good views.

JCarter

Rank V
Investor

Member III

First Name
John
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0LRZ
If it's ok down there I would like to. (I figure we are going to be social distancing camping anyways) Just going with the flow????
Really hope we can do June Jam.
If it is, are your dates set in stone so I can add it to my calendar to keep it visible on my end?

Reactions: JDGreens

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

If it is, are your dates set in stone so I can add it to my calendar to keep it visible on my end?
Yes if they let us play in thier neck of the woods those are the days I am going set in stone. I have a cassette toilet/tent so if the out houses and gas station bathrooms are closed I'll have that. Cause they have so much traffic it's required.

Last edited:
Reactions: JCarter

Jeepwatchman

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Cheyenne, WY, USA
First Name
Howard
Last Name
Segal
Member #

Yes, I believe it's just state parks that are open to residents only and only for day use, no overnite camping allowed. I've been thru Medicine bow a few times on my motorcycle, but haven't camped up there. Beautiful area!

Reactions: JCarter

JCarter

Rank V
Investor

Member III

First Name
John
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0LRZ
Yes, I believe it's just state parks that are open to residents only and only for day use, no overnite camping allowed. I've been thru Medicine bow a few times on my motorcycle, but haven't camped up there. Beautiful area!
I agree the area is magnificent. I have been there a few times, but have barely explored the region. If you ever plan to go, let me know I would be happy to go back.

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

Anyone up for doing a trail ride this weekend, I'm pretty new so only have the bare essentials so far (compressor, deflator and comms - GMRS) and no work obligations this weekend unless something breaks at the clinic. I'm pretty much open to wherever.

Reactions: FR33DOM

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Anyone up for doing a trail ride this weekend, I'm pretty new so only have the bare essentials so far (compressor, deflator and comms - GMRS) and no work obligations this weekend unless something breaks at the clinic. I'm pretty much open to wherever.
Yes, we are planning it. Will create a Rally Point soon.

Reactions: Iridium