US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

Greetings everyone ! We just joined and are waiting for our membership but I wanted to go ahead and introduce my self. My name is Aleem, my wife (Danielle) and I moved to Fort Collins last July and are excited to get into Overlanding. We recently bought what will become our overlanding rig and my daily back in December. We moved here shortly after getting married and completing my residency in Medical Physics. I look forward to meeting, learning and experiencing overlanding with all of you! (Hope everyone is staying safe)

Here she is pre-modifications:
tacowheelsv1.1.jpg

Zappe

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Dacono, CO, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Dean
Member #

Greetings everyone ! We just joined and are waiting for our membership but I wanted to go ahead and introduce my self. My name is Aleem, my wife (Danielle) and I moved to Fort Collins last July and are excited to get into Overlanding. We recently bought what will become our overlanding rig and my daily back in December. We moved here shortly after getting married and completing my residency in Medical Physics. I look forward to meeting, learning and experiencing overlanding with all of you! (Hope everyone is staying safe)

View attachment 148811
Welcome from down south about 40 miles.
I like that color on the Tacoma!

Reactions: Iridium

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

View attachment 148811
Welcome from Denver, Aleem. Love the voodoo blue!

Ldstruckn

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Ivins, Utah, United States
First Name
joseph
Last Name
johnson
Member #

Service Branch
US ARMY
interesting color choice of vodoo on bronze rims...It will make it easier to pick you out in traffic. I am in timnath and work in Cheyenne VAMC.
wave if you see me running around. 20190524_182323.jpeg

silver xterra with rtt. Should have colorado plates as soon as this virus clears up.

Macetrek

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
JD
Last Name
Mejstrik
Member #

Hey! We just moved to Denver, a week before the lockdowns actually. Excited to be here! I've got a 2011 4runner, that I'm slowly putting together, still have Virginia plates on it for now. Hope to see you all around as soon as this mess ends. 4r.jpg

Zappe

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Dacono, CO, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Dean
Member #

Hey! We just moved to Denver, a week before the lockdowns actually. Excited to be here! I've got a 2011 4runner, that I'm slowly putting together, still have Virginia plates on it for now. Hope to see you all around as soon as this mess ends. View attachment 150527
Welcome to Colorado JD! I’m north of Denver 20 miles. Everyone is itching to get out and explore for sure. It’s my first season getting into off-roading.

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Hey! We just moved to Denver, a week before the lockdowns actually. Excited to be here! I've got a 2011 4runner, that I'm slowly putting together, still have Virginia plates on it for now. Hope to see you all around as soon as this mess ends. View attachment 150527
Welcome @Macetrek, I'm in Denver too. Hope to see you soon!

Reactions: Macetrek

Dewitz

Rank II
Investor

Contributor III

Aurora, Colorado, United States
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Dewitz
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
I'm Corey, native and live in Aurora, but currently in Japan for who knows how long lol. In the garage there I have an 01 Pathfinder.

Reactions: Zappe

Rick Shute

Rank II

Contributor III

St. George, UT, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Shute
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy

View attachment 148811
Welcome from down south about 40 miles.
I like that color on the Tacoma!
Yes, great color and very nice looking truck. Congratulations!

Zappe

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Dacono, CO, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Dean
Member #

Hey everyone, Ryan here. I am just starting out Overlanding after watching videos on YouTube for 2+ years. I am located in Grand Junction, CO and recently picked up a 2017 Toyota Tacoma. Cant wait to get started!!!
Welcome Ryan, and nice Tacoma you got! It looks like it’s ready to explore.

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Thank you all! Just ordered my Sliders from RCI. With restrictions relaxing hopefully we will be able to organize a meet up or something soon.
I hope so! I will be busy until the 9th. Our county has exstended the restrictions until the 8th. I'm thinking of repeating the meet-up down near monument on the Saturday the 9th with who ever would like to join. I really want to camp but with Mothers day following it's not in the cards at my house. Just want to get into the mountains, tired of being cooped up.

What do you guys think?

JCarter

Rank V
Investor

Member III

Firestone, Weld County, Colorado, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0LRZ
I hope so! I will be busy until the 9th. Our county has exstended the restrictions until the 8th. I'm thinking of repeating the meet-up down near monument on the Saturday the 9th with who ever would like to join. I really want to camp but with Mothers day following it's not in the cards at my house. Just want to get into the mountains, tired of being cooped up.

What do you guys think?
You are not going to be camping alone, that area is busy with a lot of other people who have the same idea. Also, the trash that is being left behind throughout the area is revolting!
It seems like you would need to spend a minimum of 2 hrs cleaning the trash up for what should be a great campsite before you can even enjoy it. If ever there was an area to get an OB TLC cleanup started this would be it.

And Sheriff Bill Elder Orders Stage I Fire Restrictions for Unincorporated El Paso County. Stage I Fire Restrictions in Place for Unincorporated El Paso County

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

You are not going to be camping alone, that area is busy with a lot of other people who have the same idea. Also, the trash that is being left behind throughout the area is revolting!
It seems like you would need to spend a minimum of 2 hrs cleaning the trash up for what should be a great campsite before you can even enjoy it. If ever there was an area to get an OB TLC cleanup started this would be it.

And Sheriff Bill Elder Orders Stage I Fire Restrictions for Unincorporated El Paso County. Stage I Fire Restrictions in Place for Unincorporated El Paso County
I'm not going to camp, just going to go goof around some.