Michael
Last Name
McLeish
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W1MMC
Service Branch
USAF
Hey everyone! I am new to the OB forum, and live in the Denver area. I've got a 2019 Ford Ranger with a lift and 33s that I've built to hit some trails and go camping! It's been to Moab and a few places around CO so far.
Welcome! Will you be coming on the trail ride next week?

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Tomorrow we are going to run a trail and discuss some plans for summer trips, There is a Rally point set-up on the calinder.
If you're interested

Taco-Pop

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Five Points, Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Price
Ham/GMRS Callsign
I have a HAM, just need license- open to suggestions
Hey there! I'm in central Denver. My husband and I just bought a 08 Tacoma with a FWC Fleet in July. Had a couple of good adventures last summer and looking for more. I'm hoping to get some great ideas on places to go that are close enough for a single or double night stay from Denver. Also, being very new to the Overlanding philosophy and camper ownership, I'm probably going to need some advice on a few things.20191024_184203.jpg

Last edited:

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Hey there! I'm in central Denver. My husband and I just bought a 08 Tacoma with a FWC Fleet in July. Had a couple of good adventures last summer and looking for more. I'm hoping to get some great ideas on places to go that are close enough for a single or double night stay from Denver. Also, being very new to the Overlanding philosophy and camper ownership, I'm probably going to need some advice on a few things.View attachment 143402
Welcome from Englewood

We have several places that are close to Denver, (2 hours or less near Woodland park) Schubarth loop has camping and Rampart reservoir right next to it. It might be a little tight for your rig but we had a Tacoma with use last weekend and he had no issues even in 2 feet of snow so you'd be fine in dry conditions, but I would stay on the loop because on the spurs the trail winds through trees that are very close together. If you can't find any open camp sites Mnt Herman road just north has all kinds of campsites.

Another exceptional place to go is where we a having a camping weekend-met-up (June Jam last weekend of June Rallypoint is set-up) is also about 2 hrs away, in the 4-mile recreation area just east of Buena Vista. Lots of dispersed campsites.

There are also many trails north that are also less than 2 hours away and you don't have to drive I-70 or even I-25 to get to them. You can run along the front range up through Golden-Boulder lots of great trails east of Lyons Co.

Hope this is helpful.

Reactions: Taco-Pop

Fortis Overland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Colorado Springs, CO
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Kelly
Member #

Hey all, the Colorado Springs group has consistently been holding monthly Rally Points, primarily trail rides, for the last several months. In an effort to make sure that everyone is aware of the Rally Points being scheduled, I'm going to start coordination of those events in this thread. Our hope is that the weather is going to start warming up and we'll be able to branch off of trail rides into real overlanding trips. This also makes it easier for those further away from the Springs to start joining since we'll be doing a lot of traveling within the state.

Typically, we have our events on the third or fourth Saturday of every month, so with that said we'll be looking at a rough date of March 21 or 28.

I'd like to open up the thread to ideas on this upcoming meetup. Please post up your ideas and we can discuss as a group!

@Cendee - What do I need to do to be able to create my own custom Crew? I've been struggling to ensure that everyone that's been attending gets notified on future events, and would like to be able to mass-invite those from our Crew to every event.

Thanks everyone!

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
@Cendee - What do I need to do to be able to create my own custom Crew? I've been struggling to ensure that everyone that's been attending gets notified on future events, and would like to be able to mass-invite those from our Crew to every event.
The Crew that we were experimenting with before was built with this group in mind. Here it is again:

Notice the disclaimer:
This is a test feature only. It has not become fully functional but may in the near future.

Reactions: Boort

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
@Fortis Overland, I'm still contemplating an April Weekend Rally at the Seep Springs OHV area that we previously discussed. (OB had an event there about 2 years ago that @JDGreens mentioned recently)

Those from Springs could come and go by using the Shelf Road and Phantom Canyon & Gold Camp roads (Gold Belt Scenic Byway) to make it more interesting. It'll probably be in the 60s during the day and mid-30s at night without much chance of snow on the ground. Would you be interested in making this the April meeting or would you like it to be separate?

Also, as for your earlier remark about invites, the best way I've found is to use the invite function inside the Rally Point itself.

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Hey there! I'm in central Denver. My husband and I just bought a 08 Tacoma with a FWC Fleet in July. Had a couple of good adventures last summer and looking for more. I'm hoping to get some great ideas on places to go that are close enough for a single or double night stay from Denver. Also, being very new to the Overlanding philosophy and camper ownership, I'm probably going to need some advice on a few things.View attachment 143402
welcome @Taco-Pop!
What part of Denver? I’m in cheery creek north

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Hey all, the Colorado Springs group has consistently been holding monthly Rally Points, primarily trail rides, for the last several months. In an effort to make sure that everyone is aware of the Rally Points being scheduled, I'm going to start coordination of those events in this thread. Our hope is that the weather is going to start warming up and we'll be able to branch off of trail rides into real overlanding trips. This also makes it easier for those further away from the Springs to start joining since we'll be doing a lot of traveling within the state.

Typically, we have our events on the third or fourth Saturday of every month, so with that said we'll be looking at a rough date of March 21 or 28.

I'd like to open up the thread to ideas on this upcoming meetup. Please post up your ideas and we can discuss as a group!

Thanks everyone!
I would like to propose either March 14-15 or April 4-5, since I won't be available the last 2 weekends of March. Of course, just my personal preference!