Influencer I

Colorado Springs, CO
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Kelly
Member #

Hey all,

When looking at local meetups, I’ve seen meetups in Denver and in Durango. Given that I live in Colorado Springs, it’s not easy to make those two locations work during the week.

Would anyone be interested in a Colorado Springs area meetup, maybe once a month to start, on Saturdays or Sundays?

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Hey all,

When looking at local meetups, I’ve seen meetups in Denver and in Durango. Given that I live in Colorado Springs, it’s not easy to make those two locations work during the week.

Would anyone be interested in a Colorado Springs area meetup, maybe once a month to start, on Saturdays or Sundays?
Definitely!

I was doing a monthly Meetup in Fountain (since I'm in Pueblo West), but cancelled due to lack of participation.

Are you thinking of just meeting at a Brewery or Restaurant on a regular basis?

Also, is anyone interested in any local lower elevation camp outs before it gets any colder?

Another idea might be what for lack of a better term I'll call a day camp......... A nice setting like a park or lake and meet for the day and cookout, etc......

I don't want to hijack your idea Fortis, but if I can help with the Rally Point, etc, let me know. I'll try to bring a little swag......

Last edited:
Reactions: JDGreens

Fortis Overland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Colorado Springs, CO
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Kelly
Member #

Definitely!

I was doing a monthly Meetup in Fountain (since I'm in Pueblo West), but cancelled due to lack of participation.

Are you thinking of just meeting at a Brewery or Restaurant on a regular basis?

Also, is anyone interested in any local lower elevation camp outs before it gets any colder?

Another idea might be what for lack of a better term I'll call a day camp......... A nice setting like a park or lake and meet for the day and cookout, etc......

I don't want to hijack your idea Fortis, but if I can help with the Rally Point, etc, let me know. I'll try to bring a little swag......
I was thinking about breakfast at Rudy’s once a month or so, and if the weather is good, maybe hitting a trail with whoever shows up afterwards. Definitely open to ideas and help! I’ve been with OB for awhile but would really like to get on a regular rhythm with members and hopefully start planning some trips

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
I was thinking about breakfast at Rudy’s once a month or so, and if the weather is good, maybe hitting a trail with whoever shows up afterwards. Definitely open to ideas and help! I’ve been with OB for awhile but would really like to get on a regular rhythm with members and hopefully start planning some trips

That sounds like a great start! Do you have a start date in mind?

Fortis Overland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Colorado Springs, CO
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Kelly
Member #

FR33DOM

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
McLeish
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W1MMC
Service Branch
USAF
I realized my first post wasn't a proper introduction so here is a redo:

Greetings everyone! I'm also here in Colorado Springs. New to Jeep Ownership and the overloading life. My wife Kim and I have two boys who are 3 & 7 and just moved back to COS this last July. We lived here before from 2011-2013 but made the mistake of moving out of state for a few years--but now we appreciate CO even more! Before kids we were big into backpacking/hiking and while we are now more "car campers" we still want to be outside and exploring with the kids more than ever next summer and onward.

I went on a camping trip in an area off Gold Camp Rd in early Sep and was shocked that everyone in our group was able to access the camp site except me in my 2011 Hyundai Veracruz (which I thought was more capable than it really is!). So that was it, we needed a 4WD truck. And after a lot of "requirements creep" we bought our 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition a month later and we're loving the new found sense of freedom to go and camp / backpack / explore places we didn't think possible before! Looking forward to getting more involved with other likeminded overland folks too who can help show us the ropes!

IMG_8069.jpg
Medano Pass at Great Sand Dunes National Park

IMG_8965.jpg
The kids at RAM Off-Road Park here in Colorado Springs

Looking forward to hanging out with some of you all very soon! Our family life is pretty crazy but we'll make it happen!

Last edited:

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
I realized my first post wasn't a proper introduction so here is a redo:

Greetings everyone! I'm also here in Colorado Springs. New to Jeep Ownership and the overloading life.
"Overloading" life! Quite the Freudian slip!

That's kind of an inside joke with some in the overlanding community. At times it seems that the more we can hang on our trucks the better! :tonguewink:

Reactions: FR33DOM

FR33DOM

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
McLeish
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W1MMC
Service Branch
USAF
"Overloading" life! Quite the Freudian slip!

That's kind of an inside joke with some in the overlanding community. At times it seems that the more we can hang on our trucks the better! :tonguewink:
I think it was a spell check error but certainly appropriate! In fact I think our plan for the Gladiator is to get an RLD topper now then upgrade next year or after to an offroad trailer with an RTT. It seems the gladiators will overload pretty quick by the time you put on a winch and load up the family and all the gear. Add a RTT and you're over the limit. So the plans are evolving...