Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

For those of you not on the Facebooks, This was posted there in regards to the meet coming up, by @Bodhisattva05X

View attachment 53377
Thanks Chris, didn't even know about this 'til you mentioned it earlier.

To others who are in both the Fb group and here, anything else going on as far as this event and details, planning, etc that we should know about here but has only been talked about on Fb?

ed060784

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dracut MA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Fermin
Member #

I spoke with Bonnie over at the Brookside Camping ground and she will be open for business after April 15th, she is ready and expecting the OVERLAND BOUND members to start showing up on Friday 04/20

Tent Rates are $16.00 per person per night for this event only, the standard rates are $26.00 on weekdays and $32.00 on weekend. There is a $10.00 one-time nonrefundable fee per person that will be used to pay for this event deposit fee and ALL OTHER future events that will happen at this location. This will give every single OVERLAND BOUND member that comes to this venue the ability to set up future OVERLAND BOUND events at this location without paying deposit. There will be an attendance list made and ONLY those in the list will have access to this feature, anyone else can set up events on the same site but will have to be responsible for their own deposit fees and so forth .

We will be located on Sites #36-37-38-39 which are located by the creek , have 3 fire pits with a Main fire pit, there are some plugs to hook up 110v power and will fit over 20 vehicle in one single area. Great spot for group gathering

here is a link to campsite map :

http://properties.camping.com/brookside-campground-ny/SiteMap

MAKE SURE you see Bonnie when you get to the site and tell her you are with the OVERLAND BOUND group that way you can get placed on the right camp site. Looking forward to seeing everyone there

Ed

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I spoke with Bonnie over at the Brookside Camping ground and she will be open for business after April 15th, she is ready and expecting the OVERLAND BOUND members to start showing up on Friday 04/20

Tent Rates are $16.00 per person per night for this event only, the standard rates are $26.00 on weekdays and $32.00 on weekend. There is a $10.00 one-time nonrefundable fee per person that will be used to pay for this event deposit fee and ALL OTHER future events that will happen at this location. This will give every single OVERLAND BOUND member that comes to this venue the ability to set up future OVERLAND BOUND events at this location without paying deposit. There will be an attendance list made and ONLY those in the list will have access to this feature, anyone else can set up events on the same site but will have to be responsible for their own deposit fees and so forth .

We will be located on Sites #36-37-38-39 which are located by the creek , have 3 fire pits with a Main fire pit, there are some plugs to hook up 110v power and will fit over 20 vehicle in one single area. Great spot for group gathering

MAKE SURE you see Bonnie when you get to the site and tell her you are with the OVERLAND BOUND group that way you can get placed on the right camp site. Looking forward to seeing everyone there

Ed
Cool, Ed, great info, thanks for posting it here!

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Ed
Thank you Ed!

ed060784

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dracut MA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Fermin
Member #

Hello Ed,

Are we all meeting at the rally point and then convoying to the campsight and then starting the event ? Still a little confused on the time frame

Sent from my SM-G955U using OB Talk mobile app
Hey Alec,
There is no schedule made really, All I did was to set up a location central to the whole east region, called a Bonnie at the campground told her we’re coming and called the brewery to give them heads up a large group may be showing up. Just hit the first rally point and once everything and everyone is there then we’ll figure out the next move

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alec Townsend

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Collingswood NJ
Member #

Hey Alec,
There is no schedule made really, All I did was to set up a location central to the whole east region, called a Bonnie at the campground told her we’re coming and called the brewery to give them heads up a large group may be showing up. Just hit the first rally point and once everything and everyone is there then we’ll figure out the next move

Sounds good thank you!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using OB Talk mobile app

ed060784

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dracut MA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Fermin
Member #

@ed060784 Just to be clear, do I need to reserve a camp spot, or can I just show up and pay the $16?
No need to reserve
Bonnie opened for business Monday so I’m sure there is plenty of room
Rate is $16 per day but there is a one-time $10 non refundable fee from her for having large groups.
Once the fee its paid you’ll never pay it again

Luke VC

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Jefferson, NY
First Name
Luke
Last Name
VanCleef
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K2LVC
getting excited about meet up ... I am meeting at the rally point tomorrow am not camping this time working Sunday but looking forward to meeting all Saturday , what is everyone else doing ? who is coming in Saturday and camping ? who is just coming for the day ? who is already there? What types and channel comm is everyone using anything specific ham cb or frs or anything goes lol .

Reactions: EscoTerrestrial

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Is anyone bringing their family?
I thought I saw mention of someone bringing their kid(s). . .might've been somewhere else, though.

I'd hoped to drive down this afternoon and get set up, but more university stuff is happening that might go late. It's been wicked wet and dreary here for days, so I haven't been able to get anywhere near ready loading up van and trailer. Have a ton of debris in the yard, too, leftover from roofers that needs to be cleaned up before I go, now that it's a halfway decent day. Maddening, all kinds of stuff converging. So it's up in the air if I'm heading down tonight, or early morning or, actually, at all.

It's over three hundred miles each way for me, and I'll do what I can to get there. I certainly don't want to miss the opportunity to meet you all in person.

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

jordan04gx

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chittenango, NY
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2NFZ
I said I was going to try to bring my 8yo. But they have been having strep, and the weather has just been miserable here. I actually drove home in snow last night.

Like you Road, I was going to leave before noon today and get set up tonight. But things are converging and messing things up. I may try to wake up early tomorrow morning and make it there. It is about 160 miles for me.

EscoTerrestrial

US East Region Member Rep
Staff member
Investor

Influencer II

Port Washington, NY, USA
First Name
Juan
Last Name
Escobar
Member #

Heading up Saturday morning early from Long Island just me and my partner. Will meet at the rally point, definitely camping for the one night can't wait to meet y'all and check out some rigs and get some ideas for the next stage of my Tacoma build. Safe driving see you all soon.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

amont77

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Boston, MA
Member #

I decided not to camp because I’ll have to be back in Boston Sunday morning, so this is going to be a fly by trip for me. My goal is to meet at the rally point on time, but if not, I’ll meet everyone at the next spot. Can’t wait to meet everyone in person!

Also, I’m bringing my dog for the ride. Doesn’t anyone know if it is ok with the campgrounds? I didn’t see anything against it on their website.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: EscoTerrestrial