OB FULL EAST REGION meet and greet

• HTML tutorial

Geoffrey Cook

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

After further discussion with the boss, we are trying to work out all the details but we are definitely wanting to come to this. Due to being a little further away (5 hour one way), we would elect to camp overnight on Saturday 4/21 with whomever else elects to do the same. I’m stoked, can’t wait to meet and greet with all you awesome ppl and check out rigs, gear, drink some coffee etc. and being towards the end of April, hopefully old man winter is on the way out! As of today, we are tentative. If everything falls into place, we will be there, little one in tow :)

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Just a reminder, as I see a few who have not:

If you have yet to RSVP with Going or Maybe, you should do so HERE to indicate your wishes. Indicating in this thread that you're in does not save a spot.
There is a limit of 50 vehicles and I suspect the closer it gets, the more people will sign up.

Geoffrey Cook

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Just a reminder, as I see a few who have not:

If you have yet to RSVP with Going or Maybe, you should do so HERE to indicate your wishes. Indicating in this thread that you're in does not save a spot.
There is a limit of 50 vehicles and I suspect the closer it gets, the more people will sign up.
Thanks @Road. I went ahead and did RSVP.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Road

Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Thanks @Road. I went ahead and did RSVP.
My pleasure man; hate to see anyone not be able to go for not knowing about the RSVP page. You can change your RSVP later if you find your availability has changed.

I'm planning on being there from start to finish and am really looking forward to meeting you all, though if I can get some things done to my van out west that I've been expecting for a long time and schedules collide, I may have to make my spot available to someone else.

Alec Townsend

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Collingswood NJ
Member #

So I might have missed this detail, will I need to schedule the camping nights ahead of time or just meet up with the group at the RP and we all sign into the camp site together?

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

ed060784

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dracut MA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Fermin
Member #

So I might have missed this detail, will I need to schedule the camping nights ahead of time or just meet up with the group at the RP and we all sign into the camp site together?
Just meet up with the group and sign up into the camp together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Road

Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I agree !! That was the plan for myself, pre-rally meet up lol.
Well, we don't want that part of it to get out of hand though, either, with a lot of folks showing up early and starting to swap and sell. I just want to test and tweak some new gear and since I'll be taking my full base camp set up (I don't always), it will be a great opportunity to do so. I'll hold any gear I have to swap or sell until the actual day.

Alec Townsend

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Collingswood NJ
Member #

Well, we don't want that part of it to get out of hand though, either, with a lot of folks showing up early and starting to swap and sell. I just want to test and tweak some new gear and since I'll be taking my full base camp set up (I don't always), it will be a great opportunity to do so. I'll hold any gear I have to swap or sell until the actual day.
Totally agree!

Sent from my SM-G955U using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: EscoTerrestrial

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

I agree. This will be my first camping test for my RTT and I would like to work any bugs out and see how it works for me. I will test it at home but you know it's not the same....

Reactions: Alec Townsend

jordan04gx

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chittenango, NY
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2NFZ
Just curious...How many people are bringing kiddos? I have my daughter that weekend, and it would be great to have others with kids..Thanks all...So far, it sounds like it's going to be a great time.
I'm planning on bringing my 8yo boy (just turned). He may flip-flop, and I'm just easing him into the outdoor life, so I won't force him...but so far he is in. I'm trying to talk my 6yo into it as well, but he has been a "no" so far. But he also tends to do whatever his brother does, so we'll see.

I hope I'm not the only one with kiddos there.

Reactions: EscoTerrestrial

Rocksylvania

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Hatfield, Pennsylvania
First Name
Jason
Last Name
M
Member #

Thanks guys for organizing this. I'd really enjoy meeting other OB members and this sounds like a great way to start the season.

I'm hoping this event will be a hit and will become reoccurring so I can come another year.

Wish I'd seen this a couple weeks back... can't get off work at this point.

My only planned event at the moment is Mid-atlantic overland festival in August. Hope I'll see some of you there.