Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Well on behalf of the east members, I very much appreciate the time and effort you all are putting into making this as beneficial for all members as possible. Looking forward to what’s coming up the pipeline.

Family overlanding is definitely another hot topic!
I want to make sure here, that @ed060784 gets credit and a lot of thanks for getting this particular gathering of last weekend going. It's my understanding he started it on the Fb page then posted here too. It was the beginning of what may turn out to be the foundation of OLB East regular gatherings.

Thank you Ed; much appreciated!

Reactions: EscoTerrestrial

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

As noted above several times, any possible trail rides, off-road adventures, etc would need to remain limited in terms of rigs allowed, due to the nature of it.

With that said, maybe we could look into a meetup at one of the designated off road parks. There are a few in eastern PA and I’m sure there are more farther up north. Maybe I am wrong in that assumption, but a meeting at any designated off-road Park would scratch several of the aforementioned interests by other members, right off the list. Just a thought.

For instance a spotting course or class would be possible. Could possibly bring in a pro for a guided tour, even utilizing one of our current members who may have experience with guiding tours or excursions or whatever you may call it. This could even be more localized, maybe state by state or whatever, but never really excluding anyone with interest, but rather by process, you limit the number of rigs right off the bat.

Finally, as more meets are being planned, folks will have more options to pick and choose from, based on individual desires.
Here is my feedback. :)

- Would you go back to the same place?
Yes & No. The same place is good, but it's a campground. Reservation is all depend on the season. We are luck out because it's early season and not much camping activities happening at the campground. For me, I love to explore new places. Any new place to explore is always preference. But this is just me. I'm flexible with the group and will follow the group decision.

- What did you like about the weekend, and what could have been better?
The weekend was low key, hang out, chit chat, relax, meet new friends.... all fun. A camping day in the wild is better than staying home. I think it was one of the coldest night I can endure so far. I think it's my own problem for not being prepared. High 20's without heat and 25 degree rated sleeping bag is a fun experience.

- In what sort of classes/workshops/presentations would you be most interested?
I'm fairly new to overlanding. Any classes/workshops/presentations would be benefit to me.

- Would you pay a small fee if it meant bringing in a pro, for example a recovery/winch workshop?
Yes, totally worth it.
Awesome, @Geoffrey Cook and @MolangiNaeda - exactly the type of info that will be helpful moving forward.

Keep it coming, guys, even if you weren't able to attend. Read through the posts here and chime in as to what you'd like to see us do here in the East. We can't always do it all, especially in the more populated East, but there is a lot we can do. OLB is a member-driven community and what you want helps drive what ends up happening.

- Would you go back to the same place?
- What did you like about the weekend, and what could have been better?
- In what sort of classes/workshops/presentations would you be most interested?
- Would you pay a small fee if it meant bringing in a pro, for example a recovery/winch workshop?

Once we get as many replies here as we can, perhaps I'll make another thread about future gatherings; an ideas and thoughts post, perhaps.

Road

Geoffrey Cook

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

I want to make sure here, that @ed060784 gets credit and a lot of thanks for getting this particular gathering of last weekend going. It's my understanding he started it on the Fb page then posted here too. It was the beginning of what may turn out to be the foundation of OLB East regular gatherings.

Thank you Ed; much appreciated!
Yes, thank you @ed060784