Michael
Last Name
McLeish
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W1MMC
Service Branch
USAF
All right guys, I am trying to set up a Rally Point for this weekend but the platform is not working, I keep getting the same error while submitting it.
I missed the last run so I'm proposing to do the same trail you guys did last time, but I'm open to alternatives

Here are the details:

When: Saturday, March 21st
Where: Schubarth Trail Loop
Meet at: McDonald's @ Woodland @ 9 am
Going: @carlo_donz
Note: we are supposed to get some snow Thursday/Friday, so this might get reschedule to the following weekend (will update the post).

If you think you are coming, please leave a comment below so that I can keep track of it.
Planning on it weather permitting! Also open to suggestion. I have gear but limited recovery experience so it may depend on who can make it as well.

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Planning on it weather permitting! Also open to suggestion. I have gear but limited recovery experience so it may depend on who can make it as well.
Same here, I just want to get out on the trail lol. If we get a lot of snow we can choose and easier trail or post pone it.

RedRunner87

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
First Name
Vince
Last Name
Torres
All right guys, I am trying to set up a Rally Point for this weekend but the platform is not working, I keep getting the same error while submitting it.
I missed the last run so I'm proposing to do the same trail you guys did last time, but I'm open to alternatives

Here are the details:

When: Saturday, March 21st
Where: Schubarth Trail Loop
Meet at: McDonald's @ Woodland @ 9 am
Going: @carlo_donz, @FR33DOM
Note: we are supposed to get some snow Thursday/Friday, so this might get reschedule to the following weekend (will update the post).

If you think you are coming, please leave a comment below so that I can keep track of it.
Count me in.

I have recovery experience but no winch. I have a tow strap and traction boards.

JCarter

Rank V
Investor

Member III

Firestone, Weld County, Colorado, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0LRZ
@carlo_donz They closed Utah, so I won't be going on my trip now! :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob: I already had cabin fever before they closed my kid's school and now I have been home for a week and the walls are starting to close in. :coldsweat:

Does anybody know with Governor Polis order closing all seating in restaurants, are you still allowed to use the restroom inside the McDonalds? It's a long drive, a lot of coffee drinking just to get to the meeting point and not have a restroom available. :fearscream:

The Trail we did last time had some very icy spots and one spot in particular that everybody got stuck. Traction boards were not enough and a couple of vehicles had to winch. Also, the group did okay for the most part until a section that had fresh deep powder and then the fun began. If memory serves me right, we did not get off the trail until about 4:30 pm because of all that fun.

Is anybody wanting to camp afterward? @JDGreens I hope there is not another white Camero down an unmaintained winter road.

Reactions: Boort

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

John, I really want to go camping also, but I made some plans to haul some wood up to my friends cabin that he's living in. Our plans have been squashed also for going to Missouri. So things are up in the air for the following week. I'm going to see if my wife minds me going camping at 4- mile area do some limited exploring and maybe buy a day fishing license and see if there is any fish to catch between above spinny resourvour? The day after. I know it's early but I remember that they spawn near Easter with the spring run off and maybe we can get lucky and Morgan can catch a whopper?

Cabin fever tooo!

trail_runn4r

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

@carlo_donz They closed Utah, so I won't be going on my trip now! :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob: I already had cabin fever before they closed my kid's school and now I have been home for a week and the walls are starting to close in. :coldsweat:

Does anybody know with Governor Polis order closing all seating in restaurants, are you still allowed to use the restroom inside the McDonalds? It's a long drive, a lot of coffee drinking just to get to the meeting point and not have a restroom available. :fearscream:

The Trail we did last time had some very icy spots and one spot in particular that everybody got stuck. Traction boards were not enough and a couple of vehicles had to winch. Also, the group did okay for the most part until a section that had fresh deep powder and then the fun began. If memory serves me right, we did not get off the trail until about 4:30 pm because of all that fun.

Is anybody wanting to camp afterward? @JDGreens I hope there is not another white Camero down an unmaintained winter road.
Damn, that sucks!! I'm sorry for you. This whole situation is really annoying.

Anyway, regarding the restroom, I guess you could stop on the way down? Also, we don't need to meet at McDonald's, and we don't have to do that trail. Happy to go somewhere else less risky, maybe around Idaho springs or Central City? The ski resort are closed so there shouldn't be much traffic.

Regarding camping, I don't have the proper gear. I wanted to go to REI this week but they closed as well. Still, I'm up for a day trip, either Sat or Sun.

Reactions: JCarter

JCarter

Rank V
Investor

Member III

First Name
John
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0LRZ
@ JDGre
John, I really want to go camping also, but I made some plans to haul some wood up to my friends cabin that he's living in. Our plans have been squashed also for going to Missouri. So things are up in the air for the following week. I'm going to see if my wife minds me going camping at 4- mile area do some limited exploring and maybe buy a day fishing license and see if there is any fish to catch between above spinny resourvour? The day after. I know it's early but I remember that they spawn near Easter with the spring run off and maybe we can get lucky and Morgan can catch a whopper?

Cabin fever tooo!
@JDGreens What days were you thinking, I am about to cancel my requested time off from work?

JCarter

Rank V
Investor

Member III

First Name
John
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0LRZ
Damn, that sucks!! I'm sorry for you. This whole situation is really annoying.

Anyway, regarding the restroom, I guess you could stop on the way down? Also, we don't need to meet at McDonald's, and we don't have to do that trail. Happy to go somewhere else less risky, maybe around Idaho springs or Central City? The ski resort are closed so there shouldn't be much traffic.

Regarding camping, I don't have the proper gear. I wanted to go to REI this week but they closed as well. Still, I'm up for a day trip, either Sat or Sun.
@carlo_donz I kid you not, I broke a tooth last night, this week is getting better by the day!

I don't mind running that trail again, I just wanted to make sure you were aware of the potential conditions. Idaho Springs can be just as treacherous, Colorado 4x4 Rescue and Recovery (Home - Colorado 4x4 Rescue & Recovery) is up in that area a lot. For those of you who do not know, they are a nonprofit that will help you recover your vehicle in Colorado for free, but it may not be as fast as you would like depending on where you are stuck.

If @RedRunner87 @FR33DOM want to run trails in Idaho Springs then we can do it (I vote we meet at the Safeway), or we stick to your original meeting spot at McDonald's in Woodland: 9 am.

Jeep Colorado

Rank 0

Contributor I

First Name
Brian
Last Name
Harris
I'd love to be included on future trips, but with everything going on with COVID-19 I don't think it's prudent to be in a group. I've got a lot of friends and family in the medical profession and until there's a medical intervention they all say the only real way to slow this down is for people to stop gathering.

FR33DOM

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
McLeish
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W1MMC
Service Branch
USAF
@carlo_donz I kid you not, I broke a tooth last night, this week is getting better by the day!

I don't mind running that trail again, I just wanted to make sure you were aware of the potential conditions. Idaho Springs can be just as treacherous, Colorado 4x4 Rescue and Recovery (Home - Colorado 4x4 Rescue & Recovery) is up in that area a lot. For those of you who do not know, they are a nonprofit that will help you recover your vehicle in Colorado for free, but it may not be as fast as you would like depending on where you are stuck.

If @RedRunner87 @FR33DOM want to run trails in Idaho Springs then we can do it (I vote we meet at the Safeway), or we stick to your original meeting spot at McDonald's in Woodland: 9 am.
I'm not sure we want to go too aggressive on this go round with wife and kids along esp with it snowing hard today. Any other options in the area? Im too new to the area to know what to suggest...

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

I'd love to be included on future trips, but with everything going on with COVID-19 I don't think it's prudent to be in a group. I've got a lot of friends and family in the medical profession and until there's a medical intervention they all say the only real way to slow this down is for people to stop gathering.
I understand not being in a (group) but as long as we are not with in 6 ft. Basically staying our distance from each other I think we'd be fine. Use basic precautions that are advised. We are not doing our trip to see my daughter and grandkids over break. I do think that doing an area that doesn't risk getting in a jam would be prudent though. Even if we had to recover with any gear we could avoid contact.

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

@ JDGre

@JDGreens What days were you thinking, I am about to cancel my requested time off from work?
I would have to run it by my wife . I would really like it if she came along. With everything that's going on I don't want to leave her by her self for to much time. I think the west side of 4- mile is open just would be nice to get up in the hills. She'll be home around 2 I'll be in touch.

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
I would have to run it by my wife . I would really like it if she came along. With everything that's going on I don't want to leave her by her self for to much time. I think the west side of 4- mile is open just would be nice to get up in the hills. She'll be home around 2 I'll be in touch.
What days are you considering?

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Sorry Neal my snow shovel was calling my name. Not really sure if we can actually do an overnighter, I really want to do a camping type of trip rather than a wheeling trip??? And I think 4 mile would be ok for that. And there is also that ohv area down by Canyon City? Long drive for some people.

trail_runn4r

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Last edited:

trail_runn4r

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

@carlo_donz Can you copy your last trip details message into the Colorado OB Forum? Let’s start getting some more people involved as I think most people view that thread
Sure, I will post there for the next one.

Hopefully they will fix the rally point creation issue soon

RedRunner87

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
First Name
Vince
Last Name
Torres
Did you get to run old stage coach? I hope you all had a good time. I'm disappointed I couldn't make it.
We did, it was a lot of fun. Ended up doing a lot of recoveries. Helped some guys in a different group get unstuck and a 4Runner running solo with his family.

Untitled by redrunner87, on Flickr

Reactions: Zappe

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Thanks for the update, looks like you all enjoyed the day. Maybe if things don't get worse I can do something next weekend.