Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Graham, WA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Hallberg
Member #

Michelle and I are going to head over the hill Thursday morning and if anyone else wants to meet up and caravan over we will be stopping at the Safeway at the east end of Monroe by the Mcdonalds. Planned departure time of 10:00 am. Likely line up and have a picnic lunch while waiting for gates to open. hoping to beat some of the lines and get camp set up early so we can relax and the weather guessers are predicting afternoon thundershowers since it still seems to be more winter than spring. Looking forward to seeing everyone over there whatever time you choose to arrive:)
I am hoping to meet up with you guys in the morning on Thursday, but traffic will play a big part in that. Looking right now, it's about a 2 hour drive for me to get to Monroe.
Are you thinking quiet or not so quiet side? Im trying to be there by 2, would like to meet up everyone, then trying (again) to pre-run Hole in Rock, then have a mtg @ the Rebelle tent. I'll need to be able to get in and out Saturday for Rebelle's trail ride.
Am down for wherever, want us to save a spot next to us? JT isn't coming until Friday so hoping they will let me save a spot next to us for him.

Reactions: parrotheadnw

parrotheadnw

Rank V

Advocate III

160 Sienna Street, Morro Bay, San Luis Obispo County, California, United States
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Poggemann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRMP701
Michelle and I are going to head over the hill Thursday morning and if anyone else wants to meet up and caravan over we will be stopping at the Safeway at the east end of Monroe by the Mcdonalds. Planned departure time of 10:00 am. Likely line up and have a picnic lunch while waiting for gates to open. hoping to beat some of the lines and get camp set up early so we can relax and the weather guessers are predicting afternoon thundershowers since it still seems to be more winter than spring. Looking forward to seeing everyone over there whatever time you choose to arrive:)
I am hoping to meet up with you guys in the morning on Thursday, but traffic will play a big part in that. Looking right now, it's about a 2 hour drive for me to get to Monroe.
Are you thinking quiet or not so quiet side? Im trying to be there by 2, would like to meet up everyone, then trying (again) to pre-run Hole in Rock, then have a mtg @ the Rebelle tent. I'll need to be able to get in and out Saturday for Rebelle's trail ride.
Am down for wherever, want us to save a spot next to us? JT isn't coming until Friday so hoping they will let me save a spot next to us for him.
Absolutely! Thanks!

Reactions: OTH Overland

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
We are planning on not so quiet side... Quiet side askes for whispers at night, based on last couple of overnighters, that seems difficult at best for most of us..lol also heard there is a bit more space on that side also.

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Absolutely! Thanks!
I already spoke with the organizers and let them know we had a couple of people comming in a bit later, and they seemed ok with saving a spot or two, and too just stick a chair or something to mark it as occupied so should not be a problem. Once we get over there we will let you and JT know for sure that we were ok to do that, we will send you GPS coords of where we are camped.

Reactions: parrotheadnw

parrotheadnw

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Poggemann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRMP701
Absolutely! Thanks!
I already spoke with the organizers and let them know we had a couple of people comming in a bit later, and they seemed ok with saving a spot or two, and too just stick a chair or something to mark it as occupied so should not be a problem. Once we get over there we will let you and JT know for sure that we were ok to do that, we will send you GPS coords of where we are camped.
Thanks, you could tell them that one of them is a volunteer.

Hogman

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Everett, WA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Balsley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRHS363
Well anyway, I don't seem to get notifications to this RP anymore. Was anyone planning on meeting me at Fred Meyer's at 1:00 Thursday? I don't know how many spaces can be saved, sounds like a few, with @OTH Overland arriving at opening. We can figure that out tomorrow if that is feasible. I'm bringing a trailer, so I have 2 spaces.

Bagallthethings

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Graham, WA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Hallberg
Member #

Just keep us posted via the app or facebook if you are running behind, we are not on a tight schedule and can hang a bit if you are stuck in traffic, will also have GMRS and Ham on.
Heading that way now, eta is 930 as of now

parrotheadnw

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Poggemann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRMP701
Well anyway, I don't seem to get notifications to this RP anymore. Was anyone planning on meeting me at Fred Meyer's at 1:00 Thursday? I don't know how many spaces can be saved, sounds like a few, with @OTH Overland arriving at opening. We can figure that out tomorrow if that is feasible. I'm bringing a trailer, so I have 2 spaces.
I can meet you in Moroe at 1:00.

Hogman

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Everett, WA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Balsley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRHS363
Sounds good.

Reactions: Ubiety

parrotheadnw

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Poggemann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRMP701
Sounds good.
Just got here and ran inside for a couple things

Hogman

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Everett, WA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Balsley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRHS363
Sounds good.
Just got here and ran inside for a couple things
I'm by the Tesla chargers

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
NWOR has come and gone, had a great time, weather was pretty good with only a couple of showers, but plenty of wind and a bit cooler than typical. I think we got to at least meet most of the OB members who attended, believe there were around 12 or 13 folks who attended. About half the attendance overall from the last one that we held from what I was told. It was good to see some familar faces, a few we had not met before and some new to the group. @parrotheadnw, @Bagallthethings had recently done some new mods to thier rigs and all looked really good! Did not manage to see the new drawer system Rich added to his Jeep before he left, but the pics looked great. Charlie, JT, Scott & Tyler broke camp and went on some trail runs and Justin and @B Wild ran thier rigs through the obsticle course with no issues, Michelle & I elected to leave our camp set up in place and play the spectator role not wanting to fold up soft shell tent and annex.

Most could not resist the siren song of vendor alley and emptied at least a portion of thier wallets in exchange for some overlanding bobble, (Yes us included) Adventure & Spending are nescessary ... lol Some great food was prepared on Scottles, and all kinds of campstoves. There was even a midnight fourth meal burrito session one night, that @Hogman cooked up on his big grill using ingredents from various members fridges that I elected to pass on due to the late hour, but smelled good, way to go Scott. Several members won prizes from NWOR lottery department, though none of us took home the big prizes of a roof top tent or the Austailian Swag.

Michelle and I had a signup sheet for OB memebers to enter to win a prize, after a dice roll by a neutral party @Punkvw was the recipiant of a shiny new $25 Cabelas gift card. Congratulations JT!

Sunday came around quickly and folks quicky departed toward parts unknown, or perhaps just home. A few of us procrastenators visited until they were ready to kick us out. @JefFro and us decided to have a meal at the caffe across the street (which as a bonus has really good food) and then decided that we could explore a few FS roads before heading back and ended up on Sugarloaf Peak in around 60mph winds, but some great views at the cost of not getting home until close to midnight... going to be a long week.Flag.JPGIMGP7630.JPGIMGP7720.JPG20220616_211516 (002).jpgIMGP7700.JPG

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I’m glad to see you all had such a great time. Hopefully next year things will line up where I can get to either the Rally or Expo or both.

@OTH Overland thanks for getting some kind of organization at the event. Great idea on the sign up sheet and and prize.

parrotheadnw

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Poggemann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRMP701
I’m glad to see you all had such a great time. Hopefully next year things will line up where I can get to either the Rally or Expo or both.

@OTH Overland thanks for getting some kind of organization at the event. Great idea on the sign up sheet and and prize.
We'll catch you next time Mike.

Hogman

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Everett, WA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Balsley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRHS363
Thank you for all that attended, I know I did not meet all the people that were attendees or contributors on this RP and I hope everyone has as great a time as I did. Looking forward to next year and maybe getting our own OB section, if that is possible. Hopefully meet you on the trails in the future.