Everett, WA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Balsley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRHS363

Tickets just went on sale for the NW Overland Rally June 16-19, Thurs -Sun 2022 in Plain Washington. There has been interest in a convoy for the West side members on Thursday, June 16 in the afternoon to the NWOR, as it would be easier to group camp together. For those interested, please comment below and meet at Monroe Fred Meyer's just east of 522 and US 2 interchange just south of the Fred Meyer's fuel station at 1:00 P.M.

Hogman

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Everett, WA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Balsley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRHS363
I plan on taking the week off leading up to it and doing the BDR from Stevenson to there. Anyone wanna join?
Sounds like a great idea, you should make a dedicated Rally Point for it. A group of us planned on doing that a couple years ago, then Covid hit and the NWOR was cancelled. So, we planned to do the entire WABDR, turned out fantastic for those that finished. The first couple days were very challenging, with deep snow between Stevenson and Packwood and horrible weather and mud just past Bethel Ridge. But after that everything was dry and enjoyable. Good luck, if you need some advice, hit me up. Several members have a GPX of the route and experience of certain areas that they monitor frequently.

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
I'm heading up Thursday afternoon and am a volunteer trail leader. Anyone else headed up Thursday and want to caravan?
Charlie, I am planning on posting a Rally Point to convoy over for those of us in the NW corner of the state and /or to meet near the site to allow those that want to go in together and hopfully camp in one area. Just got to figure a good time to head over Thursday assuming there will be a line to get in and all. We are pretty much going to just leave the rig parked as a base camp for the weekend, and will have a large OB flag up for those that want to find us and visit a while.

Reactions: parrotheadnw

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
@Hogman, I did not see on your rally point if you were doing some type of meet up and convoy over to the rally, or if it was intended to just be more informational? Was going to set up a RP for anyone heading over from the NW portion of the state, and did not want to step on anything you are doing.

Hogman

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Everett, WA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Balsley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRHS363
@Hogman, I did not see on your rally point if you were doing some type of meet up and convoy over to the rally, or if it was intended to just be more informational? Was going to set up a RP for anyone heading over from the NW portion of the state, and did not want to step on anything you are doing.
In the beginning it was for information. Just to see what the interest would be. So far there 10 attendees not counting you. Of the 10, 4 counting you and I live from Seattle north on the west side. I was also waiting for input from the other members to get an idea when people would be heading over. I would be fine with a Thursday Convoy. It is totally up to you if you want to post another RP. You won't be stepping on anything I'm planning.

Hogman

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Everett, WA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Balsley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRHS363
There has been interest in a convoy for the West side members on Thursday, June 16 in the afternoon to the NWOR, as it would be easier to group camp together. Just putting this out there, to meet at Fred Meyer's Monroe just east of 522 and US 2 interchange just south of the Fred Meyer's fuel station at 1:00 P.M. Sorry for the re-post, the first one was just sent to attendees.

JustJP

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Pool
Member #

I'm not able to RSVP, but I have my ticket for the weekend and it would be great to connect with y'all at the event!

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Any one else thinking about heading over earlier in the day? we have the day off and are thinking about leaving sometime in the morning. Wondering which camping section most folks go for, "quiet" or "not so quiet"

Reactions: parrotheadnw

parrotheadnw

Rank V

Advocate III

160 Sienna Street, Morro Bay, San Luis Obispo County, California, United States
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Poggemann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRMP701
Any one else thinking about heading over earlier in the day? we have the day off and are thinking about leaving sometime in the morning. Wondering which camping section most folks go for, "quiet" or "not so quiet"
Can't leave before 1:00, but I've found the "not so quite" section to be more laid back and we have been allowed to spread out more. It's also more quite; I've attended a couple of fun vendor tent parties.

Reactions: OTH Overland

Bagallthethings

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Graham, WA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Hallberg
Member #

Any one else thinking about heading over earlier in the day? we have the day off and are thinking about leaving sometime in the morning. Wondering which camping section most folks go for, \"quiet\" or \"not so quiet\"
I am planning on driving over Thursday morning, I can head north and meet up with you guys before hand if you guys want to roll over together? JT is unable to come over until Friday, so I'm hoping they let me save an extra spot next to us

Reactions: OTH Overland

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
I am planning on driving over Thursday morning, I can head north and meet up with you guys before hand if you guys want to roll over together? JT is unable to come over until Friday, so I'm hoping they let me save an extra spot next to us
That would be awesome, I was thinking sometime between 9 and 10 in Monroe, would leave time to have lunch near the site and to get in line hopefully before its too long...lol From a conversation I had with someone from the event, they should allow you to save a site or two for someone coming later, think you need to tell them at the gate when going in, and may need a name of who its for.. Looking forward to seeing you and JT again!

Reactions: Bagallthethings

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Michelle and I are going to head over the hill Thursday morning and if anyone else wants to meet up and caravan over we will be stopping at the Safeway at the east end of Monroe by the Mcdonalds. Planned departure time of 10:00 am. Likely line up and have a picnic lunch while waiting for gates to open. hoping to beat some of the lines and get camp set up early so we can relax and the weather guessers are predicting afternoon thundershowers since it still seems to be more winter than spring. Looking forward to seeing everyone over there whatever time you choose to arrive:)

Bagallthethings

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Graham, WA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Hallberg
Member #

Michelle and I are going to head over the hill Thursday morning and if anyone else wants to meet up and caravan over we will be stopping at the Safeway at the east end of Monroe by the Mcdonalds. Planned departure time of 10:00 am. Likely line up and have a picnic lunch while waiting for gates to open. hoping to beat some of the lines and get camp set up early so we can relax and the weather guessers are predicting afternoon thundershowers since it still seems to be more winter than spring. Looking forward to seeing everyone over there whatever time you choose to arrive:)
I am hoping to meet up with you guys in the morning on Thursday, but traffic will play a big part in that. Looking right now, it's about a 2 hour drive for me to get to Monroe.

parrotheadnw

Rank V

Advocate III

160 Sienna Street, Morro Bay, San Luis Obispo County, California, United States
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Poggemann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRMP701
I am hoping to meet up with you guys in the morning on Thursday, but traffic will play a big part in that. Looking right now, it's about a 2 hour drive for me to get to Monroe.
Are you thinking quiet or not so quiet side? Im trying to be there by 2, would like to meet up everyone, then trying (again) to pre-run Hole in Rock, then have a mtg @ the Rebelle tent. I'll need to be able to get in and out Saturday for Rebelle's trail ride.

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Just keep us posted via the app or facebook if you are running behind, we are not on a tight schedule and can hang a bit if you are stuck in traffic, will also have GMRS and Ham on.

Reactions: Bagallthethings