Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Navarre, FL, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Andersen
Member #

So I found a place in Blackwater that looks like a decent campground with good trails and cool sites that’s next to 2 lakes. Thinking about doing another meet up but as an overnight or weekend camp out in the next month or so now that the weather is getting cooler. Anyone interested?

Rick 17Taco

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Fort Walton Beach, FL, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
McCraw
Member #

Has anybody ever taken the ride from Rattlesnake Bluff in Crestview all the way across the Reservation and pop out on Hwy 87N between Navarre and Milton ? I did that a long time ago but only once. Ive looked at the map and its still do-able. I just cant remember the route by heart. I noticed they paved Rattlesnake Bluff for a little ways but its back to dirt as soon as you get to Duck Pond I guess. Its fun to navigate and try to worm your way through with the map

Reactions: TxRanger3006

TxRanger3006

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Navarre, FL, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Andersen
Member #

Has anybody ever taken the ride from Rattlesnake Bluff in Crestview all the way across the Reservation and pop out on Hwy 87N between Navarre and Milton ? I did that a long time ago but only once. Ive looked at the map and its still do-able. I just cant remember the route by heart. I noticed they paved Rattlesnake Bluff for a little ways but its back to dirt as soon as you get to Duck Pond I guess. Its fun to navigate and try to worm your way through with the map
Yes RR211 is the road your talking about, it’s paved until the county maintained portion ends at the last street for the neighborhood. The rest of 211 is washboard sand and clay. But the rec areas on the north end off the river are pretty nice for picnics and what not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rick 17Taco

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I've done it a couple of times with my boys. We like to take it from Crestview working our way West stopping at all the locations along the way that go down to the river. We've even fished some at the river. I've also ventured up a couple of steep sandy areas just to exercise my 4x4 system.

Rick 17Taco

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Fort Walton Beach, FL, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
McCraw
Member #

When 211 gets to HWY 87 there are some trails over there that I havent been on. Ive seen pictures of some pretty decent "testers" if you will , Im putting some new tires on the Tacoma in a few weeks and thats where im gonna go I reckon.

Reactions: HazMatt79

TxRanger3006

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Navarre, FL, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Andersen
Member #

When 211 gets to HWY 87 there are some trails over there that I havent been on. Ive seen pictures of some pretty decent "testers" if you will , Im putting some new tires on the Tacoma in a few weeks and thats where im gonna go I reckon.
Yea there’s trails all over, just make sure you have the permit and check the daily closures along with making sure your on numbered roads. There’s tons to do without tearing up the roads too bad or venturing into closed off areas.

HazMatt79

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Houston County, TX, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Husted
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4ZYZ
I've done it a couple of times with my boys. We like to take it from Crestview working our way West stopping at all the locations along the way that go down to the river. We've even fished some at the river. I've also ventured up a couple of steep sandy areas just to exercise my 4x4 system.
So I am new to OB, but wanted to introduce myself. I live in the FWB area and work in the same building as you! In fact, I see your truck every day and was looking for a way to link up and mention this group to you. Well wouldn't you know, you're already a member lol! I drive the new lifted metallic gray Tundra in the parking lot for reference. So glad to see there are others on here in the area. I was beginning to give up.

TxRanger3006

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Navarre, FL, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Andersen
Member #

So I am new to OB, but wanted to introduce myself. I live in the FWB area and work in the same building as you! In fact, I see your truck every day and was looking for a way to link up and mention this group to you. Well wouldn't you know, you're already a member lol! I drive the new lifted metallic gray Tundra in the parking lot for reference. So glad to see there are others on here in the area. I was beginning to give up.
Looks like we will have to do another meet up soon, hopefully more will attend and we can keep it going.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Seth and I just spent Saturday night in the RTT at the hunting lease making final preparations for the hunting season. Seth is ready to go camping with the group Chris, we just have to figure out when and where. Started a conversation with you Matt so we can find one another and meet in person LOL!

HazMatt79

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Houston County, TX, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Husted
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4ZYZ
Last time we did a little cookout at Anderson Pond just North of Niceville which is a pretty good spot for meeting. And a few of us have talked about some overnight camp outs also.
My family and I went exploring this weekend after finally getting permits lol. We stopped by Anderson Pond on Saturday as well as Duck Pond. Looks like decent campgrounds. I like how Duck Pond gets you closer to the water.

TxRanger3006

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Navarre, FL, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Andersen
Member #

Seth and I just spent Saturday night in the RTT at the hunting lease making final preparations for the hunting season. Seth is ready to go camping with the group Chris, we just have to figure out when and where. Started a conversation with you Matt so we can find one another and meet in person LOL!
I have been going through a bunch of stuff to explore Alabama lately I’ll have to share the route I made. But we could single out some of those spots and make a weekend trip out of it also. Plus I found what I think is a decent spot to camp in Blackwater that has some cool sites near by.

TxRanger3006

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Navarre, FL, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Andersen
Member #

My family and I went exploring this weekend after finally getting permits lol. We stopped by Anderson Pond on Saturday as well as Duck Pond. Looks like decent campgrounds. I like how Duck Pond gets you closer to the water.
Yea duck pond is also a little nicer for removing yourself from sounds of traffic. Anderson pond is the best maintained campsites out of all of them though.

HazMatt79

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Houston County, TX, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Husted
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4ZYZ
I have been going through a bunch of stuff to explore Alabama lately I’ll have to share the route I made. But we could single out some of those spots and make a weekend trip out of it also. Plus I found what I think is a decent spot to camp in Blackwater that has some cool sites near by.
What is your thoughts on Boggs and Boulders? It's WSW of Andalusia I believe. It looks like a member from the area named Tyler went there with a popular YouTuber about 2 years ago and almost sunk his Tacoma! I can see the OB badge on the left front door of the Taco. Definitely more of an action packed adventure at that place if one chooses lol.

TxRanger3006

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Navarre, FL, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Andersen
Member #

What is your thoughts on Boggs and Boulders? It's WSW of Andalusia I believe. It looks like a member from the area named Tyler went there with a popular YouTuber about 2 years ago and almost sunk his Tacoma! I can see the OB badge on the left front door of the Taco. Definitely more of an action packed adventure at that place if one chooses lol.
I haven’t been out there since 2013 when I got out of active duty, I used to have tons of fun there but as far as I remember it was more for off-roading rather then exploring. Plus it’s usually a ton of hammered people zooming around atleast from what I remember (I used to be one of those). Some of the places I was looking in Alabama has the off-roading aspect but also has exploring and quieter camping.

HazMatt79

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Houston County, TX, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Husted
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4ZYZ
I haven’t been out there since 2013 when I got out of active duty, I used to have tons of fun there but as far as I remember it was more for off-roading rather then exploring. Plus it’s usually a ton of hammered people zooming around atleast from what I remember (I used to be one of those). Some of the places I was looking in Alabama has the off-roading aspect but also has exploring and quieter camping.
I would definitely agree with that assessment from what I saw in that video lol. Well, I'm definitely interested in what you have been discovering! :-)

Flstraydog

Rank III

Enthusiast III

NW Florida
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Cummins
Member #

I'm just West of Hurlburt Field South of Hwy 98. If we have enough of us we'll have to get a NW Florida event planned.

LOL, just figure out you're the only one to reply in my FWB thread so far.
I'm FWB. Need to get a meet up together. Retired out of Hurlburt.