Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Navarre, FL, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Andersen
Member #

Go to this website and register you’ll have to watch a little video, once registered go to the permit section and depending on what kind of recreating you wanna do the prices vary.

As far as riding around I have to pass this time my Jeep is in pieces in the garage right now so all I have is my tow rig. If y’all want we can do a small collection and us non riders can do a make shift base camp and cook so it’s ready when y’all wanna do a break and relax. Maybe some steak or burgers, something to grill and some drinks.

Alexd7290

Rank 0

Contributor II

Lackland AFB, San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Alexander
Last Name
Dominguez
Go to this website and register you’ll have to watch a little video, once registered go to the permit section and depending on what kind of recreating you wanna do the prices vary.

As far as riding around I have to pass this time my Jeep is in pieces in the garage right now so all I have is my tow rig. If y’all want we can do a small collection and us non riders can do a make shift base camp and cook so it’s ready when y’all wanna do a break and relax. Maybe some steak or burgers, something to grill and some drinks.
Thank you for the information ill look into to getting that this week or next. That would be a good idea where would this base camp be? We can also look at having the people who can't ride jump in riders vehicles to go along for the ride and be able to get to know each other. This would depend on how many people and non riders come. Once I get a good idea of who is coming and who wants to hit the trails we can make a better decision. I will make the Facebook event and post the link so everyone who is going can say they are and if they will be hitting the trails.

Also on a separate note if you ever want help working or your ZJ feel free to let me know.

Last edited:
Reactions: TxRanger3006

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Jackson Guard in Niceville sells the passes, you might even be able to buy them online now. I always get the fishing pass so I can fish the ponds with my boys. They'll give you a map that tells you the ins and out of where you can and can't go. A lot of areas are closed but as long as you don't venture off into those areas off the main roads you are allowed to drive through most of them to get to permitted areas. Most of the time if they are running a mission they'll close and lock the gates to those areas.

Edit: That was weird, when I first checked this thread Alex and Ranger's last to posts weren't here, showed up when I posted even though they were from earlier today!

Reactions: Alexd7290

Alexd7290

Rank 0

Contributor II

First Name
Alexander
Last Name
Dominguez
Jackson Guard in Niceville sells the passes, you might even be able to buy them online now. I always get the fishing pass so I can fish the ponds with my boys. They'll give you a map that tells you the ins and out of where you can and can't go. A lot of areas are closed but as long as you don't venture off into those areas off the main roads you are allowed to drive through most of them to get to permitted areas. Most of the time if they are running a mission they'll close and lock the gates to those areas.

Edit: That was weird, when I first checked this thread Alex and Ranger's last to posts weren't here, showed up when I posted even though they were from earlier today!
No worries lol and yeah I'm gonna get the pass on Friday and depending on how things plan out I think we will either A go hit some trails before and then go have a cookout or food at a restaurant after that . Or B we go meet up have some food or a cookout then hit some trails after that. Having the people who dont wanna hit the trails come with the people that do or have the people who don't want to hit the trails just stay behind at a base camp of sorts and they can hangout and cook but with only being a few of us I think it might be option A.

Alexd7290

Rank 0

Contributor II

First Name
Alexander
Last Name
Dominguez
Hey guys so I was thinking about this last night with an unknown amount of people coming and not everyone knowing everyone just yet. I think the best thing to do for this first meet is to meet at a restaurant. We can eat, hangout for a good while, get to know each other, check out each others rigs, and look and planning a proper barbecue for the next meet up. Then the people who want to hit the trails that day can after the meet can go head out to the Eglin range and anyone who doesn't want to or has to go do things that day can go do what they have to do. I'm looking at having the meet be at noon on the 28th at the Fort Walton Beach Five guys at this address Five Guys, 99 Eglin Pkwy NE, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548. However if you do not want a burger and fries, other restaurants are within that same parking lot (Firehouse subs, Taco Bell, Think Poke(Hawaiian restaurant), and a Popeye's). This will leave options for everyone coming if they would like something different. If you have any concerns with this plan please let me know and we can look at addressing them.

TxRanger3006

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Navarre, FL, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Andersen
Member #

I get the new people meeting deal, I was mainly suggesting one of the rec areas to bbq due to a few of us bringing kids that way they could play in the woods fish or whatever. Anderson Pond has a big pavilion and giant grill along with tons of parking. Plus being an overland group it would be fitting having it in the woods, if it’s the food issue people could always bring whatever they wanted to eat or grill. Either way talk the option over with your peeps I know the few I asked were more for meeting at the park type setting but I’m sure we can come nice middle ground.

Just let me know, I’m going to bed but I’ll check back later.

Alexd7290

Rank 0

Contributor II

First Name
Alexander
Last Name
Dominguez
I get the new people meeting deal, I was mainly suggesting one of the rec areas to bbq due to a few of us bringing kids that way they could play in the woods fish or whatever. Anderson Pond has a big pavilion and giant grill along with tons of parking. Plus being an overland group it would be fitting having it in the woods, if it’s the food issue people could always bring whatever they wanted to eat or grill. Either way talk the option over with your peeps I know the few I asked were more for meeting at the park type setting but I’m sure we can come nice middle ground.

Just let me know, I’m going to bed but I’ll check back later.
Thank you for the suggestion like i said that was just simply an idea tossed out to help the ball get rolling. That park will definitely work if that park is open my biggest concern is everyone bringing the basics for everyone else ya know unless you want to bring the very essential item the burgers and dogs and the charcoal or gill to cook the meats with which would work. The grill is dependent on whether or not the location has a grill. Or I could bring the charcoal to help offset the cost and load on you (I need a suggested amount if so) and/or if you would like me to bring meats let me know. Also is this public park or only open to mil and mil personal?

**Edit** After I get out of work today I'm going to go check out that park to see if it will work and see what all we will need to bring.

Last edited:

TxRanger3006

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Navarre, FL, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Andersen
Member #

Thank you for the suggestion like i said that was just simply an idea tossed out to help the ball get rolling. That park will definitely work if that park is open my biggest concern is everyone bringing the basics for everyone else ya know unless you want to bring the very essential item the burgers and dogs and the charcoal or gill to cook the meats with which would work. The grill is dependent on whether or not the location has a grill. Or I could bring the charcoal to help offset the cost and load on you (I need a suggested amount if so) and/or if you would like me to bring meats let me know. Also is this public park or only open to mil and mil personal?

**Edit** After I get out of work today I'm going to go check out that park to see if it will work and see what all we will need to bring.
Yea the park has everything we need, if you wanna maybe bring like a pack of sodas or possibly tell everyone drinks are byob but food will be provided. But I have the charcoal, plates, napkins and possibly the burgers as long as we can get a head count to make sure there’s at least 2-3 person.

Alexd7290

Rank 0

Contributor II

First Name
Alexander
Last Name
Dominguez
Yea the park has everything we need, if you wanna maybe bring like a pack of sodas or possibly tell everyone drinks are byob but food will be provided. But I have the charcoal, plates, napkins and possibly the burgers as long as we can get a head count to make sure there’s at least 2-3 person.
Underatood yeah i think we will have like 4 people so yeah and I can post that byob but bring sides and drink to help with food and I went and checked it out it looks like it will work perfectly for us.

TxRanger3006

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Navarre, FL, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Andersen
Member #

Underatood yeah i think we will have like 4 people so yeah and I can post that byob but bring sides and drink to help with food and I went and checked it out it looks like it will work perfectly for us.
Sounds good I’ll get with the other guys to make it solid but I think everything is covered.

TxRanger3006

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Navarre, FL, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Andersen
Member #

Ok so we’re talking noon on Saturday the 28th at Anderson Pond. 8-10 adults and 5-7 kids, I’ll take care of burgers and fries, I’ll have one of my guys bring charcoal, everyone bring there own drinks, and then we will just need plates, paper towels, condiments. Chairs if anyone wants em and I have a few outdoor games I can bring also, like horse shoes, corn hole etc.

Alexd7290

Rank 0

Contributor II

First Name
Alexander
Last Name
Dominguez
Ok so we’re talking noon on Saturday the 28th at Anderson Pond. 8-10 adults and 5-7 kids, I’ll take care of burgers and fries, I’ll have one of my guys bring charcoal, everyone bring there own drinks, and then we will just need plates, paper towels, condiments. Chairs if anyone wants em and I have a few outdoor games I can bring also, like horse shoes, corn hole etc.
Would you want me to make that FB event so all the information is in one place?

Alexd7290

Rank 0

Contributor II

First Name
Alexander
Last Name
Dominguez
Sure if you want, I’m not on FB as much anymore but I don’t think it would hurt as long as the number doesn’t multiply for people coming lol.
I understand that as long as the people we have coming don't invite every person they know and only invite fellow Overlanders I think it will work out. Ill get it setup tonight when I get off of work today.

Last edited: