NV Mustang Tour June 17th!

• HTML tutorial

What is the best date for this trip?

• Total voters

Wolfy

Rank V

Advocate I

Reno
OK. I'm going to post two dates in two different posts. Like the post for the date that works best for you.

LIKE THIS POST FOR JUNE 17

Reactions: Tom K

Slamson00

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Well, This is an easy trip that I do a couple times a year so we can do it again!

-M

That would be awesome. Unfortunately I am out for both proposed dates as Fathers Day weekend gets me on the weekend of the 17th and a vacation I already have planned knocks me out on July 1. But if any changes I will post up.

Hopefully will be able to do this trip next time it is offered. Have fun everyone!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Im in! Had a change of plans so it works out

Reactions: Wolfy

Slamson00

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Man I wish this trip wasn't on Fathers Day weekend. The week before would be ideal for me but such is life. Looks like I will have to hope it is run again in the fall.

Alan Gomez

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Reno, NV
Member #

Hi I'm Alan I'm in Reno visiting for the summer (brought my rig and gear) and would like to tag along June 17th. Sounds like a great run.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Sounds like fun If my land yacht will make it.. I think you can count me in.. Always looking forward to exploring more of nevada. After the rally this weekend I am stoked.

Wolfy

Rank V

Advocate I

Reno
Countdown to Mustang Tour! NEXT SATURDAY!

I haven't been up there in a while, but I also haven't seen many horses in the low country so I'm confident we'll see some. But for day 2 I have a couple of options for searching them out.

Who is coming?

-M

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Slamson00

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Countdown to Mustang Tour! NEXT SATURDAY!

I haven't been up there in a while, but I also haven't seen many horses in the low country so I'm confident we'll see some. But for day 2 I have a couple of options for searching them out.

Who is coming?

-M

I am not able to make it this coming weekend (because fathers day weekend) but my daughter and I just came back from Virginia City area this past weekend. We ran the road to Como and Sunrise Pass. Gorgeous out there. We came across three different herds of Mustangs out there on old Como road.....then of all places we saw a group of 8 Mustangs just wandering through the town of Virginia City itself over by the cemetery yesterday afternoon. It was VERY cool!!!

With the frequency we saw Mustangs this past weekend I am thinking you guys will have a great chance of running into them. I will say though, the past winter has done some damage to the Old Como road trail. Not sure if you are headed out that way but what was a fun trail was now a bit challenging in a few spots. Going downhill through the Canyon to meet up with Sunrise pass was slow slow going and had to take my time and watch tire placement for a good 2 mile stretch. Slipped off a good size boulder and put a rather large dent in my factory Tacoma transmission skid plate that scared the you know what out of my kid LOL (but the truck was fine). Now I have a reason to get some "real steel" skids!!

We had a great time...hope you guys do as well. Hope to make this trip in fall if you run it again.

Reactions: DaveD and Wolfy

Slamson00

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Sorry...should have included this picture in my last post. Here is a shot of one of the herds of Mustangs we ran into about 4 miles back up Old Como Road from the town of Dayton. Beautiful horses...and beautiful country. enjoy everyone I can't wait to go back.........

IMG_3378a.jpg

Reactions: Wolfy and DaveD