Northwest - Memorial Day Weekend, WABDR (modified)

• HTML tutorial

B Wild

Rank VII
Supporter
Investor

Creator I

Issaquah, Washington
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Hall
Member #

I going to bring a few arm loads of firewood, it's not much but I figure it can't hurt. Plus I'm sure we will find some dead fallen trees we could cut up with some chainsaws. I'm getting excited about going. I am getting some last minute work done on my rig so it will be ready to go.

Last edited:

B Wild

Rank VII
Supporter
Investor

Creator I

Issaquah, Washington
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Hall
Member #

Is it Saturday Yet?!? I was just thinking Hand held radios can often eat up batteries quickly. I put fresh ones in the 4 I'm bringing to share, and I am bringing some extra AA's batteries but don't have a lot. If anyone else has some to bring as well we should be covered for the trip. The kind I'm bringing require 3 - AA size, I don't know about all other radios.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arnel and jdunk

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

I always pack extra batteries. The trick to them (if you have GMRS) is to set them to the lowest power you need for comms. High power rips through batteries way too fast.

Reactions: B Wild

donald kent

Rank 0

Contributor I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Don
Last Name
Kent
Member #

I hate to do this, but I have had a family situation come up and won't be able to make it. I hope you guys have a great time. Hopefully I will see you all next week at the meetup.

Jhberria

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Lacey, WA
That's unfortunate, Donald. I hope everything is alright with the family.

I'm leaving my house now. See everyone in Carson.

Lazarus

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Vancouver, WA
Member #

I am trying to go up to the Overland Rally next week through Stages 1,2 and 3. Hope you guys had fun! How were the trail conditions??

B Wild

Rank VII
Supporter
Investor

Creator I

Issaquah, Washington
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Hall
Member #

WABDR. Great Overland Adventure! Lots of fun and fellowship. A lot of awesome recovery Team work! It was so warm out I had fill my vintage Coleman Cooler with snow several times to keep it cold. Almost every time we got to try a new winter recovery technique. Time to retire that old cooler. I look forward to overland with you all again! Thanks to all that helped me with my tent, it meant a lot to me.

Jhberria

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Lacey, WA
WABDR. Great Overland Adventure! Lots of fun and fellowship. A lot of awesome recovery Team work! It was so warm out I had fill my vintage Coleman Cooler with snow several times to keep it cold. Almost every time we got to try a new winter recovery technique. Time to retire that old cooler. I look forward to overland with you all again! Thanks to all that helped me with my tent, it meant a lot to me.
I had a blast, and it was nice meeting you all (or seeing you again, in some instances). I'm still regretting not being able to camp with the group the 2nd night. The good news is that it looks like the dog is going to be okay, and she's currently asleep and snoring on my lap.

Spud

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

St. Helens OR
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Ellett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7LSX
Masterpull is also sending me a shipping label to send my rope back and have it repaired, and to also investigate why it snapped. They're surprised it broke so they're definitely wanting to see it.

Sent from my VS986 using OB Talk mobile app