Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Courtney and I are heading out for the weekend of November 1st-3rd (two weeks from this Friday). No specifics planned yet, just know we're going out for the weekend. Maybe we'll head down to Prince Michel Winery/Tap 29 brewery and then over to Shenandoah area to look around for trails etc. Anyone that wants in or knows a good area around there to put my new stage 2 clutch and heavy flywheel through its paces, let me know.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Courtney and I are heading out for the weekend of November 1st-3rd (two weeks from this Friday). No specifics planned yet, just know we're going out for the weekend. Maybe we'll head down to Prince Michel Winery/Tap 29 brewery and then over to Shenandoah area to look around for trails etc. Anyone that wants in or knows a good area around there to put my new stage 2 clutch and heavy flywheel through its paces, let me know.
Let me know if you are going to swing by and I’ll try and meet you there. We are having some family health problems with my father in law rat now so hard to commit this far in advance. We are trying to head out. next weekend and everywhere I look is booked ay have to boon dick it somewhere

Reactions: geekyadam

ATLAS/APOLO

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Quicksburg, Virginia, USA
First Name
ISAACnLAURA
Last Name
RODRIGUEZ
Member #

I don't know if you've done the following three trails, Peter's Mill run, Bald Mountain Jeep Trail, or Flagpole Knob, but we at Bluestone Overland just launched our Trail Hunter series at Expo East. It's a geocaching adventure on some good trails in the area that you might be interested in. Message me for more details or check out our website at www.bluestoneoverland.com/trailhunter

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

I don't know if you've done the following three trails, Peter's Mill run, Bald Mountain Jeep Trail, or Flagpole Knob, but we at Bluestone Overland just launched our Trail Hunter series at Expo East. It's a geocaching adventure on some good trails in the area that you might be interested in. Message me for more details or check out our website at www.bluestoneoverland.com/trailhunter
This looks like a lot of fun! If we don't check one of these out for our upcoming trip, I'll try to do so in the future for sure. Thanks.

Reactions: ATLAS/APOLO

Ready6delta

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Va
First Name
JACOB
Last Name
MYERS
Member #

Just checking in and seeing if any upcoming trips are planned for the NOVA/MD crew? Always down for beer, whiskey breweries etc and of course cool trails and camping.

Ready6delta

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Va
First Name
JACOB
Last Name
MYERS
Member #

While at Expo East I met a bunch of new members I asked to to connect with this group. Lovely couples 1 from Chantilly another from Fairfax and a lovely chap from Annapolis.

Sorry that you guys didn't camp in the OB camping area. We had about 30 vehicles and a nice visit from the OB team.

With so many of us we will be sure to reserve a camping area next year as well. Maybe you can find other OB members at the RTT Rally.

Look for a F150 with the largest CVT tent and a trailer with a motorcycle and bicycle. He is from Canada and drove from Ann Arbor Michigan. He is a Toyota engineer in the truck division. Great guy to hang out with and get insites on the new vehicles coming.
I knew i should have checked in here before i went. Sorry to miss you guys but still had a great time camping there. Met so many cool people and loved checking out all the cool rigs in the camping areas. I got lucky and camped right next to viagemfamilia a couple from brazil in the kia sportage diesel and DIY M105 trailer who built a collapsible home on an m105 trailer it was pretty cool.

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

I knew i should have checked in here before i went. Sorry to miss you guys but still had a great time camping there. Met so many cool people and loved checking out all the cool rigs in the camping areas. I got lucky and camped right next to viagemfamilia a couple from brazil in the kia sportage diesel and DIY M105 trailer who built a collapsible home on an m105 trailer it was pretty cool.
It was good seeing you again. I think I enjoyed checking out the rigs in the camping area more than the vendor area.

Ready6delta

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Va
First Name
JACOB
Last Name
MYERS
Member #

It was good seeing you again. I think I enjoyed checking out the rigs in the camping area more than the vendor area.
You too man, I definitely need to come down and discuss some fab ideas for some small things with you and have a few beers. Also hope to make it to the winery/brewery soon as time permits.

Reactions: Casper66

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Seeing everyone's rigs/setups is why I go to these kinds of events. Always see something unique and/or something I immediately want to do. :)

Vendor area was nice this year. Way better than last year at Mud Fest.

init6Overland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shenandoah, VA, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
VDP
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBL679
Hey everyone,
Recently one of our crew members moved to CA and we are looking for someone to join the Bluestone Overland Crew who has videography skills to join the team.
If you are interested in joining let us know!
Please PM me if you want more info or join our slack group
Thanks
Init6

Reactions: ncd1284

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

You too man, I definitely need to come down and discuss some fab ideas for some small things with you and have a few beers. Also hope to make it to the winery/brewery soon as time permits.
Maybe things will slow down for you after halloween with the kidos and sports it'll work out

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Seeing everyone's rigs/setups is why I go to these kinds of events. Always see something unique and/or something I immediately want to do. :)

Vendor area was nice this year. Way better than last year at Mud Fest.
I'm especially that way with the camper. IDk how many times I have seen really cool ideas I would have just never thought of. That's a lot of fun for me as I'll then try and figure out how to make it and make it better suited to my needs. Sometimes it's as simple as putting my lugaloo in a milk crate for better stabillity and TP mounting. Sometimes little things really make a big difference. I have a couple of projects to work out on the camper this winter we are scheduled for one more weekend trip. We didn't get to go anywhere exciting this year in fact this will only be the second time out which is a shame. Sometimes life gets in the way

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

I'm especially that way with the camper. IDk how many times I have seen really cool ideas I would have just never thought of. That's a lot of fun for me as I'll then try and figure out how to make it and make it better suited to my needs. Sometimes it's as simple as putting my lugaloo in a milk crate for better stabillity and TP mounting. Sometimes little things really make a big difference. I have a couple of projects to work out on the camper this winter we are scheduled for one more weekend trip. We didn't get to go anywhere exciting this year in fact this will only be the second time out which is a shame. Sometimes life gets in the way
Totally understand! I didn't get out as much as I wanted either ... but I was lucky enough to take a 2+ week trip out to Glacier and Yellowstone Nat'l Parks this past August. So, I can't really complain. :)

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Totally understand! I didn't get out as much as I wanted either ... but I was lucky enough to take a 2+ week trip out to Glacier and Yellowstone Nat'l Parks this past August. So, I can't really complain. :)
Nope that sounds like an epic trip! In March I was terminated from my job for an injury I got working there and had to find a new job. At the samw time my father in law had a massive stroke that has left him paralyzed and we have been dealing with that ever since. I just didn't feel good about taking my wife somewhere she had poor to no cell service or couldn't get to her father quickly it just didn't seem like the right thing to do.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Nope that sounds like an epic trip! In March I was terminated from my job for an injury I got working there and had to find a new job. At the samw time my father in law had a massive stroke that has left him paralyzed and we have been dealing with that ever since. I just didn't feel good about taking my wife somewhere she had poor to no cell service or couldn't get to her father quickly it just didn't seem like the right thing to do.
Understandable. Sorry to hear that!

Last edited:
Reactions: Casper66

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Wow this place is dead. I spent the afternoon working on the truck. Fixed the underhood lighting and a pod light bracket. Then I did something I have been wanting to try. I blacked out the center section of the hood. I used a peelable paint for now so if I don't like it I can peel it off but if i do like it I will redo it with real paint.

1571532608952.png