Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wardensville, West Virginia, United States
First Name
Sid
Last Name
Belcher
Member #

I'll be heading down as well from Southern Maryland. I'll be taking RT301 into King George and making my way over, maybe I can connect around charlottesville as well. Let me know if anyone else wants to hook up that way. Thinking of leaving around 8am from Prince Frederick.

Reactions: Anthony 1972

DRJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, VA
Member #

AG Sheep

Rank IV

Traveler I

Maryland
Sorry in advance for the shameless ad, but when you guys have a quick minute, can you guys navigate to this thread and show your support for full sized vehicle trails in Maryland's new state park? Trying to ensure that this state park doesn't get limited to quads and bikes only.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/wolf-den-run-state-park-maryland.19456/
Shoot, I wouldnt say its a shameless ad. Alot more trails for Jeeps and "other 4x4", lol, in the area would be awesome

Reactions: sabjku

Anthony 1972

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Virginia
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Grant
Member #

Reactions: DRJ

Anthony 1972

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Virginia
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Grant
Member #

I'll be heading down as well from Southern Maryland. I'll be taking RT301 into King George and making my way over, maybe I can connect around charlottesville as well. Let me know if anyone else wants to hook up that way. Thinking of leaving around 8am from Prince Frederick.
JRElaxED has a caravan started and there meeting me on route 29 off I 64.

Reactions: Sid and sabjku

Txcoast

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alexandria, VA, USA
Member #

Hey Everyone, I'm new to the area (and OB, just introduced myself on the newbie thread). I'm looking forward to getting my mall cruiser on some dirt roads.

I'm thinking about trying to swing getting down to the swap meet this weekend from Alexandria. If not, I'm definitely getting out of the city in some fashion.

100RNR

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Purcellville, VA, USA
First Name
Earl
Last Name
Rrrrrr
Member #

My wife and I are originally from North Texas, but Houston was home for the last few years. I mainly miss the food, which you surely understand with Valley connections.
I lived in San Antonio for a few years, twenty years ago.
Still miss the food...

Reactions: sabjku

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Hey Everyone, I'm new to the area (and OB, just introduced myself on the newbie thread). I'm looking forward to getting my mall cruiser on some dirt roads.

I'm thinking about trying to swing getting down to the swap meet this weekend from Alexandria. If not, I'm definitely getting out of the city in some fashion.
Welcome welcome! Hope we catch you at the swap meet this weekend. Be sure to register first.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Txcoast, welcome! I'm actually in Alexandria myself, along with a few others that frequent the forum. If you're interested, we're going to be meeting up Sat morning here in Alexandria to head to the swap meet. Feel free to join us!

We also periodically hit up some BBQ spots in the area. Being from Texas it may not be up to par though:)

JRElaxED

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alexandria, Va
Member #

Welcome. We’d be happy to have you join the caravan down to the gear swap. I think we are at 7 now. Should be a good time. We are leaving from Alexandria around 8 am.

Txcoast

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alexandria, VA, USA
Member #

Welcome. We’d be happy to have you join the caravan down to the gear swap. I think we are at 7 now. Should be a good time. We are leaving from Alexandria around 8 am.
Hey thanks, I’ll take a look at our weekend schedule. I think we may try and cruise down skyline drive on Saturday morning on the way down.

I’ll dig into the website, but any intel on how pet friendly the swap meet and camping will be? Taking the pups isn’t negotiable for an overnight trip this weekend.

Reactions: Anthony 1972

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Hey thanks, I’ll take a look at our weekend schedule. I think we may try and cruise down skyline drive on Saturday morning on the way down.

I’ll dig into the website, but any intel on how pet friendly the swap meet and camping will be? Taking the pups isn’t negotiable for an overnight trip this weekend.
We're bringing ours, so i hope so haha

John Kurtz

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Harpers Ferry, WV, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Kurtz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WROV950