Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
I'm a Colorado guy out here working for Northrup Grumman on contract for at least 6 months. Had to leave my rig back in Colorado, but would like to meet some of you guys if you have a meet-n-greet sometime. I am in Sterling, VA.

I've been overlanding as you call it for 45+ years and extreme rock crawling for almost 30. Grew up on family ranch in Walden, Colorado (8,000ft elevation). Have covered the Rocky Mountains from Mexico to Canada.

Reactions: DRJ and Nootherids

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
How about an informal meet-n-greet at Fudruckers this weekend sometime? They have great burgers and shakes at reasonable prices and lots of tables. Or you pick a place.

Nootherids

Rank V

Influencer II

How about an informal meet-n-greet at Fudruckers this weekend sometime? They have great burgers and shakes at reasonable prices and lots of tables. Or you pick a place.
This is the weekend they’re going wheeling. So another weekend would be better. But good choice. Fuddruckers has always been my favorite meet up spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sabjku

DRJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, VA
Member #

Just signed up to be a member and would love to meet some other folks! I’m in NOVA, near Old Town. Most of my weekends are always free, no wife, no kids! Have only experienced day or overnight trips in and around the area so far.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
I am in Clifton VA and would love to join the meetups as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
I'm a Colorado guy out here working for Northrup Grumman on contract for at least 6 months. Had to leave my rig back in Colorado, but would like to meet some of you guys if you have a meet-n-greet sometime. I am in Sterling, VA.

I've been overlanding as you call it for 45+ years and extreme rock crawling for almost 30. Grew up on family ranch in Walden, Colorado (8,000ft elevation). Have covered the Rocky Mountains from Mexico to Canada.
Welcome! I am going to join the trail ride that the MD/VA guys are doing this weekend, but I'm down for a meet and greet.

Reactions: sabjku

DRJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, VA
Member #

Lets plan for 0900. I am coming down from Waldorf, MD and think its about 3hrs for me. What is everyone running for Comm's? I have a C/B, that sort of works, and one of those two way radios. Have found that those tend to work the best.
9am sounds good. I'm in Springfield, VA so it will take me 2.5-3hrs to get there. I'm only running a CB.

Reactions: AG Sheep

AG Sheep

Rank IV

Traveler I

Maryland

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Welcome! I am going to join the trail ride that the MD/VA guys are doing this weekend, but I'm down for a meet and greet.
Which Fuddruckers? I know a bunch of the ones that are real central for NOVA folks have closed up. I see the one in Ashburn and Woodbridge is still open. Looking at where a number of us are located, would something in the Tysons or Fairfax area be central? I could care less about driving, but just thinking of everyone as a group.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

DRJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, VA
Member #

Which Fuddruckers? I know a bunch of the ones that are real central for NOVA folks have closed up. I see the one in Ashburn and Woodbridge is still open. Looking at where a number of us are located, would something in the Tysons or Fairfax area be central? I could care less about driving, but just thinking of everyone as a group.
All of those location works for me! Let's pick a date and time and see who's available. My first available weekend is on 8/4. I have engagements for the next two weekends.

100RNR

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Purcellville, VA, USA
First Name
Earl
Last Name
Rrrrrr
Member #

All of those location works for me! Let's pick a date and time and see who's available. My first available weekend is on 8/4. I have engagements for the next two weekends.
I'd be up for a get together as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

DRJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, VA
Member #

@100RNR , @DRJ , @AG Sheep , @old_man , @JRElaxED , @NovaBound

Would any of you want to try for this Thursday evening? Do weeknights work?
This week is going to be tough for me. This weekend is the first time going out in a while so I'm going to be spending most of my time after work to get my stuff out of storage, checking gear, and getting ready for my upcoming trips.

Passe-Partout

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

5466 Ashleigh Road, Fairfax, VA
First Name
Claude
Last Name
Imbt
Member #

Hi everyone! Just joined. I live in Fairfax. Would have loved to join you for the overnight this weekend but have Saturday booked. Will likely run Peters Mill on Sunday with a couple of other rigs. I’m up for a meet up in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

@100RNR , @DRJ , @AG Sheep , @old_man , @JRElaxED , @NovaBound

Would any of you want to try for this Thursday evening? Do weeknights work?
I could possibly swing Thursday evening.... depending on the time and location. I'm usually working to 5-6, but could maybe skate out early.

Weekends might be better, due to traffic and how much everyone has to travel (and from where). But I'm game for a weeknight if it works out.