Launch Member

Traveler I

US
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Jacobson
Member #

Hi guys! I live in PA, but work in Baltimore, so I'm fairly close. How often do you guys go out? I just bought a 4Runner and itching to use it... "gently" for now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

AG Sheep

Rank IV

Traveler I

Maryland
Hi guys! I live in PA, but work in Baltimore, so I'm fairly close. How often do you guys go out? I just bought a 4Runner and itching to use it... "gently" for now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
We used to go out about every month, it slowed down a bit due to the winter and one of the lead members leaving. Not 100 percent sure how this summer will look but we can try and plan something monthly. Its really just dependent on everyones schedules and weather.

Reactions: Akim and maj21093

Nootherids

Rank V

Influencer II

Hey everyone! I've been away from the forums (and most of the internet altogether) since like post #265. Been busy with the family but I'm itching to get out and around again when I can.

BTW...is anybody else interested in the Apalachian Toyota Roundup? http://www.appalachiantoyotaroundup.org/registration.htm

Registration just opened today. It's about $102 for a single driver. Happens on Labor Day Weekend. Approx 8 hours from the DC Metro area (depending where you are of course). Any vehicle brand can go. Has trails that can fit my full size Tundra.

And no I am not a promoter of any sort. I'm posting this cause I went last year by myself and it would be cool to go with some friends this time around. So I'd like to know if anybody's interested so maybe we could caravan or meet up down there. I already signed up.

Reactions: Scifi79

devin robinson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Woodbridge, Virginia
Member #

We decided to pull some of Maryland in with the Northern VA meetups for the time being, as there are only a few out there and they appear to be closer to where that meetup will likely be than they are to Eastern MD. That, said, it could all change in the blink of an eye as we get things going and this all gets worked out.

How many of y'all are north of Fredericksburg VA? You are the folks we are targeting for this monthly meetup. I don't have a date or location picked for this yet but those will come soon. Right now I want to get a feel for how many folks are interested and where you are all located.

**As of right now I am working on this one alone. I would love to get someone from the area to jump in and be the boots on the ground or even take over completely. If you are interested let me know.

I've posted below the basic vision for what this all can look like. You may have seen it or parts of it in another thread I posted for the northeast. I'm not going to reinvent the wheel so I've copied it here below.

What is a meetup? It's whatever you make it. Most of the time its meeting at a local bar, coffee shop or restaurant to sit down and chat about everything under the sun. Sometimes it's a Saturday picnic at a park to get the whole family out and meet other adventurous families. Sometimes everyone is busy and a month gets skipped. But at its core it is a very casual way to meet other folks in the community, form friendships and build relationships with others who share the adventurous spirit of Overland Bound. This causes greater participation in the larger OB sponsored events and member led events because the barrier of not knowing folks is gone and you just want to have fun with the friends you already have and the ones you know you will make.

I'm definitely up for a meet, I'm in Woodbridge

AG Sheep

Rank IV

Traveler I

Maryland
I'm definitely up for a meet, I'm in Woodbridge
Think there are a couple of people here from Woodbridge. As of now I do not think anything has been planned for April other than @Bear Wrangler 's meet. Idk how many people are attending that though. Also, we could do another Katies Cars and Coffee event? Maybe meet some new faces before they have to commit to running a trail or camping with us?

RoadRunner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Mid-Atlantic region
First Name
Greg
Last Name
G.
Member #

Just found your forum, I live in De and you guys are a lot closer than some trips I've seen, NY etc. I'm new to 4wheeling/over landing and itching to get on some dirt/mud, but nothing to extreme. The pics look great. I've done the beaches for awhile, but need some good ole trails. Please keep me posted on the next run.

Nick80

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Haymarket, Virginia, USA
First Name
NICHOLAS
Last Name
Roozen
Member #

Think there are a couple of people here from Woodbridge. As of now I do not think anything has been planned for April other than @Bear Wrangler 's meet. Idk how many people are attending that though. Also, we could do another Katies Cars and Coffee event? Maybe meet some new faces before they have to commit to running a trail or camping with us?
Just remember for this group now mater what trail we do it will be stock friendly :laughing:

Reactions: Bear Wrangler

devin robinson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Woodbridge, Virginia
Member #

I'm new to this whole thing myself so.im definitely looking forward to anything I can make it to in the near future.

EXPLORING THE DYNAMIC EARTH[emoji288]

Reactions: Bear Wrangler

Bear Wrangler

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Bear
Last Name
Wrangler
Member #

Think there are a couple of people here from Woodbridge. As of now I do not think anything has been planned for April other than @Bear Wrangler 's meet. Idk how many people are attending that though....
@AG Sheep et al. There are 2 confirmed through OB Rally Point Events board for Assateague. Two confirmed outside of OB and about 4 tentative attendees outside. I'll be posting more events for May. One in Loudoun County VA for a trail maintenance crew and always an R&R weekend at least once a month to the beach and to western VA mountains for day trips. "Make room for what ya love".

Reactions: devin robinson

Akim

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Rockville, MD
Member #

Hey everyone. I`m in Rockville, Maryland. I just joined the group and really want to meet with you, hit the trails, and go camping. My current vehicle is Toyota Highlander 2010 so obviously, I won't be able to hit Difficult trails. But most of Easy and some of the Moderate trails I think I can go to.
SO, it is great to be here and looking forward to meeting with you! :)
Highlander.jpg river.jpg slate lick fields.jpg20180421_124928.jpg

Last edited: