Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Kaufer
Member #

Nice. @Cbeckerink and I live in Woodbridge. She has a WK2 also, a 2012 Overland w/ the QL. She's just starting to build hers out also so I'm sure she'll want to chat with you a bunch and compare rides!
Awesome! Definitely available to chat. So far I've done the work with a friend or alone, but always with a refreshing IPA to finish the job.

Welcome WK2EcoD! Yes, there is a trip planned out to the Cove Campground this weekend, but if you are in for a slightly longer drive, there is another trip planned for Big Levels next weekend! Hope you can join us soon! There's quite a few of us in NoVA so come out and join us. @Exped4x4 has also been gracious enough to coordinate meet ups in Clifton, VA a few times.
Thanks! Looking forward to some great adventures! Unfortunately I'll be visiting my brother in Portland next weekend, although maybe I'll see about Cove Campground this weekend! With ~700 miles on tap from the diesel, I'm always up for distant travel adventures.

Nootherids

Rank V

Influencer II

Hi guys! David here, finally back to give a little update. For those who don't know, after the Sunday get together in Clifton on Sunday the 6th @Exped4x4 led us through a perfect little expedition through some woods in Clifton. Great run, you all saw some pictures from @geekyadam. Unfortunately my truck broke down in the middle of the woods with no power steering.

Turns out the seals in the steering rack blew somehow and the assembly needs replacement. It's been a hectic 2 weeks trying to get this worked out between talking with insurance and finding a shop that could do the work. Along with plenty of other real life complications. So current update is that I'm glad to say it's at a shop and should be getting worked on starting Monday. But I'm not glad to say that it'll run into almost $3k to get it fixed. :-(

Either way, if truck gets fixed on time I may be able to make it to the Big Levels trip and the weekend after that I should still be heading to the Toyota Appalachian Roundup event. But you'll be seeing more of me again. ;)

Thanks for the HUGE help Mike. And thanks for the awesome pictures Adam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Anything planned for weekend of 9/15-9/17? We're heading somewhere for the weekend and anyone/everyone's invited. Was going to go out for my bday the weekend after but we've made hard plans for that weekend, so going the previous weekend instead. Just need to pick a spot that my stock street tires can make it through and has a good camping spot. Any ideas?

Exped4x4

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Manassas VA
Member #

Gwnf
Anything planned for weekend of 9/15-9/17? We're heading somewhere for the weekend and anyone/everyone's invited. Was going to go out for my bday the weekend after but we've made hard plans for that weekend, so going the previous weekend instead. Just need to pick a spot that my stock street tires can make it through and has a good camping spot. Any ideas?
always has a lot of good spots. You should have no problem with your tires, just make sure you air em down abbit so you dont rattle your jaw loose

Reactions: geekyadam

CO_R1T

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Kaufer
Member #

I'm up for a weekend camping trip 9/15-17! Overland Expo EAST is 9/29-10/1, although I don't think I'll make it this year (not much PTO left...).

Reactions: geekyadam

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

I'm up for a weekend camping trip 9/15-17! Overland Expo EAST is 9/29-10/1, although I don't think I'll make it this year (not much PTO left...).
We'd love to go but busy busy working on house and tickets are damn expensive! I'll put something on the calendar for 9/15 weekend and put invite here.

Reactions: CO_R1T