US East Northern VA / MD Monthly Meetups

• HTML tutorial

DRJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, VA
Member #

Are there GPS coordinates for the trail head camp area?
Yes, that is the first site that we'll check out. If all goes well and the site is large enough and safe at night to drive into (for our late arrivals), this is where we will camp and meet on Saturday morning before heading out on the trail.

Reactions: AG Sheep

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

@Exped4x4 and @AG Sheep are you guys still planning on heading out of Manassas around 7? We were going to leave Woodbridge around 5-6...we could meet you at 7 and caravan from there? Let me know here or PM to confirm before 5.

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Heads up to anyone heading toward the camp site/field just inside the trailhead, I just got word from @DRJ that the site is good for all our rigs. He sent this pic and said to let everyone know "It's about 4 miles in through FR 85 as you leave the pavement"

See you all at the site (late).

Epic Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Washington, D.C.
Member #

IMG_6786.JPG Interesting... the spot per the gps coordinates took me about.75 miles off the pavement on FR85. And there were big logs with new signs lining the road prohibiting vehicles from parking.

Linusb212

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hi this is Linus with the YJ. It was great meeting you all yesterday. I really enjoyed the trip - it had been about two years since I'd been out wheeling. I'll probably need a little help with all the names next time and I'm hoping to get out again soon.

I've been doing some mild work on my XJ with the vision of making it my overland vehicle, but for local trips I think I'll stick to the YJ. I need to get a new top for it and to replace the tie rod ends and a couple other little things I've been neglecting. It's coming due on some new tires too.

I'm looking forward to seeing the videos. And I hope everything went ok for Mike and his tire situation!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk