US East Northern VA / MD Monthly Meetups

• HTML tutorial

DaniloB

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hey everyone. I'm in Northern VA (Reston) and looking to get on the trails with my Jeep and make some meetups. Anything coming up?

Danilo

ZombieCat

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Maryland
First Name
Adventure
Last Name
Awaits!
Member #

I'm new to the community and was hoping to poke and prod for a new meetup. I've got a bone stock 2021 Rubicon, but a strong desire to learn and do a trip by the end of October. I live in Baltimore, but I'll travel for a good meetup! The goodest boi, Duke (golden retriever), will likely accompany me on every trip.
Welcome to both you and Duke!
Start small - set a weekend destination for an interesting spot(s), and throw out an invite to the group. I bet you’ll find some takers.
My trips are typically travel to parks/public lands with camping; I’m less interested in technical offroad 4x4 trails, I just want to get off the beaten path a bit to see our beautiful country. Overlanding has many forms. I’m heading out for a two month expedition of parks in the Western U.S. I’m taking my little travel trailer so I can park it at a base camp. I’ll take day trips to hike and generally explore each area.
Overland Bound is a great way to connect with people who share your style of travel!

Buzzerfly

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Buzz
Last Name
Covington
Member #

Anyone interested in this event: Flying Circus Aerodrome - Balloon Festival

Wife and I are probably gonna show up as early as possible and I thought it'd make for a great mini-meat or pseudo-cars balloons and coffee event if anyone else was interested. I think @Specter was talking about getting together out here at some point...
Hey! That sounds like a good time to me. Balloons in the morning usually make for nice photos. :-)

BRIAN NABY

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Roanoke Virginia
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nabywaniec
Member #

I'm new to the community and was hoping to poke and prod for a new meetup. I've got a bone stock 2021 Rubicon, but a strong desire to learn and do a trip by the end of October. I live in Baltimore, but I'll travel for a good meetup! The goodest boi, Duke (golden retriever), will likely accompany me on every trip.
Welcome. There are some great spots, but most are an hour or more driving. I'm in a squad that does a bunch of camping in the region, and always trying to find new spots.
Welcome! If you willing to travel...mid October is the Blueridge overland gear tent rally at James River state park. October 15th to the 17th. Look on there website. Great meet up and rigs to check out! Did I mention beer!!!

Reactions: SorrTrek

SorrTrek

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Washington, DC
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Sorrell
Member #

I've been to RTT rally the last few years. This year a friend of mine is getting married that weekend, so I'll miss it. Some of my squad should be there pending the tickets.

Wish they would do it along with the harvest festival again as that was a lot of fun and had more activities.

Welcome. There are some great spots, but most are an hour or more driving. I'm in a squad that does a bunch of camping in the region, and always trying to find new spots.
Welcome! If you willing to travel...mid October is the Blueridge overland gear tent rally at James River state park. October 15th to the 17th. Look on there website. Great meet up and rigs to check out! Did I mention beer!!!

Brock Samson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Virginia
First Name
Brock
Last Name
Samson
Member #

Yeah I never created anything for it but was interested to see who all is interested. Looks like I'll be headed down there on Sunday now...

Boucher

Rank V

Member II

Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
I know a lot of folks are prob going to EXPO east all weekend, however, I will be at EXPO Friday and leaving in the afternoon for a few nights of camping and exploring in and around WV. Currently, my rig and another are going.

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

Maybe, can't say a definite yes but I'd try to make it. I have a new set up so wouldn't mind showing it off lol but it has been awhile so it'd be cool to catch up
It’s been a very long time - great reconnecting, Jake. Let’s see who else chimes in and if we can get a group together let’s make it happen.

Reactions: jakeandhisdodge

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

Alright, not enough takers for a meet up on the 17th so it’s a no-go. Try again soon.