Northern California (or anyone willing to travel)

• HTML tutorial

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

I'm in napa, this sounds like a great time

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
16664 said:
I’m in Placerville (half way between Sacto and So Lake Tahoe) and am interested in joining this excursion. Somebody set a date so we can all schedule for it.
Hey @msoverlandbound , Lets set a date so folks can plan!

M

Corrie

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500
Supporter

Protector II

Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Corrie
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Hey everyone! We're locking in a date for this...

Overland Bound 'Off the Grid' Rally
September 25th - 27th, 2015
Buck Rock Jeep Trail, Sequoia National Forest

Arrive Friday afternoon/evening, explore/crawl the Buck Rock Jeep Trail Saturday, mimosas and high fives on Sunday before heading back down the mountain. :blush:

This location is super driveable/accessible to both Nor CA and Southern CA Overland Bound members.

We are working on making this an awesome way to connect with community and share in the spirit of overlanding together.

Michael - What would you say the level of difficulty for the trail would be? You've been there more than me. :blush:

More details about registering to follow. Super excited about this!! Feel free to shoot me an email at corrie@overlandbound.com with any questions!

Xof

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Petaluma, CA
Member #

Gonna start planning for it!! Sounds exciting!!

P.s. I'm in San Rafael btw :blush:

bigdawg

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Sounds great! Not to familiar with that area. What would be the closest town to the trailhead. I would be coming from so cal.

racerkit

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Member #

I am in for 9/25 to 9/27 (from Redwood Shore). Look forward to more meet up details. Thanks.

msoverlandbound

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hey, everyone!

September 25th - 27th in Sequoia National Forest!

We're in full planning mode for this! :grinning:

Campsite: Fir Group Campground. Lots of shade. 13 Tables. Group Bar-B-Que. Toilets. Water. Large campfire circle. Straight shot to the trail head for Buck Rock. Plenty of space for us to spread out and set up basecamp.

Perks: Exclusive Off the Grid Rally t-shirt and patch. Saturday night dinner for the group cooked by a special guest of ours + beer and beverages. (Working on some more perks and awesomeness for Off the Grid goers as I type!)

Adventure: We'll roll in Friday afternoon, prepare camp and enjoy a kickoff meal, get up Saturday and head out to the trail at 9AM, spend the day rolling through Buck Rock (maybe stopping for mimosas...?), have lunch, shoot the proverbial sh*t, and roll on back Saturday late afternoon.

Fun: Lots of community. Lots of different rigs. Lots of different styles. One singular mission to get outside and explore!

To cover costs of the campground, perk package/swag bag, and the Saturday night catered meal, we're thinking we would charge $75/head for the entire weekend. We will need a small amount of volunteers to help us bring stuff in, set up, help us get organized, etc. and we'd comp volunteers in. There would also be an early registration discount.

Let me know what you think. We're getting creative and having fun over here. It's super inspiring to think of all of us standing together and raising a beverage in the air to toast the good life.

Corrie

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Narrow down the date and unless work says no, I'm down. But I will be traveling from Utah. As I mentioned to Corrie via Email about the OLB emblems, I want to see buck rock, and what better group to see it with than the ones who introduced me to it via their youtube channel.

Ill post up my Xterra build in the forum so incase anyone does not think the X will make it, please tell me now, but Ive built the rig up nicely the few months since I bought it in February. I'm as newbie as you can get to this area due to never visiting, so be it I live in San Diego and 29 Palms for almost 3 years (Marine Corp).

I just check regs and Sequoia National Forest allows hammocks, so unless anyone minds now, Ill be in my Warbonnet XLC Blackbird Hammock with Hammock gear insulation. If no one has ever seen an outdoor camping hammock, you will be in for a treat, they are amazing. Best sleep one can get in the back country. I've used hammocks from 80F to -10F without issue as long as I pack the right insulation, from simple overnight outings to 2 week elk hunts.

Keep the word about this activity open as I'm 95% sure I can make it. Hope to meet some of you soon.

msoverlandbound

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler I

We've got the dates! @utspoolup :blush:

September 25th - 27th. We're planning to be there Thursday, September 24th if anyone is interested in an early bird meetup.

Suuuuuuper excited!

Justin_0237

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate III

Vacaville, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Mulrooney
Member #

Awesome! I'm gonna try to talk the wife into it...if we don't have anything close by planned. If so would you guys still need help with setup and any transportation of anything. I have a truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corrie

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500
Supporter

Protector II

Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Corrie
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

WE ARE OFFICIAL!

Registration is now LIVE in the store! We're offering an early bird discount (because awesome)! It will be $60 if you register before August 15th, and $75 after.

Link to registration page is here: http://bit.ly/offthegridSNF

SOOOOO excited to officially get this rolling!!

Let me know if you have any questions! corrie@overlandbound.com

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Iam sooooo jealous. Wish I could come and have that t-shirt.

Ohw, and of course the weekend with you all.

Greetings from Robert

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Can't wait, me and the wife will he attending.