First Name
Jason
Last Name
Crutchfield
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZT
Hello everyone!!!

All GPS cordinates for the trip have been posted in the rally point. The GPX file has also been uploaded.

For all of the Tri Valley / Bay Area folks. I think the best to meet up you will be at the In N Out (Petaluma). We should be there by 2:30pm. We should be back on the road by 2:45pm.

IN N OUT address- 1010 Lakeville Hwy, Petaluma, CA 94952

Bucket_Head_57

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Modesto, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Crutchfield
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZT
**Attention Ladies and Gents!**

Some of our planned campsites have changed due to closures or the campsite being full at the time of our stay. Please have some cash on hand just in case we land at "Paid Campground".
Please make not of the following changes:

Saturday:
Campsite will be along the Klamath River (41.50554, -123.99665) or at a near by Paid Campground- $17 per rig (lets hope not LOL)

Sunday:
Just north of Jedidiah Smith Redwoods (41.80250, -124.05540) or (41.85513, -123.89070)

A special thanks to @PapaDave for calling the issue out and looking for alternative campsites!

Reactions: Telldanny

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Here’s a short little video showing Fern Canyon. If you have water boots bring them to make the hike easier to keep your feet dry, I am bringing my sorel snow boots.

Reactions: Bucket_Head_57

BettyWhiteOneSeven

Rank VI
Launch Member

Contributor III

Modesto, CA, USA
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Fernandez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QFD
Friday morning, I will try to be at these posted coordinate. (39.8317080, -123.8486278). It was an awesome spot last time. If I’m not there, I’ll be close by. I attached a photo of my truck. I’m be monitoring 146.460 and listening for operators. Cant wait to see everyone!

Attachments

TommyTaco

Rank 0

Contributor I

Santa Cruz, CA, USA
First Name
thomas
Last Name
g
**Attention Ladies and Gents!**

Some of our planned campsites have changed due to closures or the campsite being full at the time of our stay. Please have some cash on hand just in case we land at "Paid Campground".
Please make not of the following changes:

Saturday:
Campsite will be along the Klamath River (41.50554, -123.99665) or at a near by Paid Campground- $17 per rig (lets hope not LOL)

Sunday:
Just north of Jedidiah Smith Redwoods (41.80250, -124.05540) or (41.85513, -123.89070)

A special thanks to @PapaDave for calling the issue out and looking for alternative campsites!
Are some of the roads closed ? Usal Rd to Shelter Cove is closed?

Telldanny

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Santa Cruz, CA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
G
Member #

Hello guys some of our plans have changed. Unfortunately due to our timeframe of available time off we will only be able to make it to the 1st campsite and may also arrive a little late. Due to these circumstances we are planning on the possibility of staying an additional night at that particular usal beach camp site. We will be there friday night at the earliest possible I hope we can catch a bon fire still with a few brews! We really enjoyed our time with all of you our last trip!. See you guys friday night. -Danny and Sandy

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Are some of the roads closed ? Usal Rd to Shelter Cove is closed?
Usal RD from Hwy 1 to Usal beach is open. Usal RD to shelter cove is closed this time of year. As Jason described this is more of a road trip with dispersed camping. The stuff we are going to see is really cool, such beautiful area.
Saturday night we had to change the campsite as the dispersed spot has been shut down by the rangers so that night we will head for the Klamath River.
It not easy finding places for 17 rigs!

My son Jake might be sick so I’ll know more Friday if I will make it. If he’s good we will be leaving after school so I’ll be rolling in late to Usal

Bucket_Head_57

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Modesto, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Crutchfield
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZT
One of the last fueling stations on 101 before Leggett is a Chevron. 44801 US-101, Laytonville, CA 95454. $3.499/gal for reg and $3.859/gal for diesel as of 11:18pm.
I think there is a cheaper one in Willits, CA. But I'm not of it's on the route you took.

Reactions: Telldanny