Rank IV

Traveler III

Napa, CA, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Corraal Hollow is open from May till December, closed over the winter. It can open as early as April depending on snow melt. so here's what I am planing.

May 20-21 (sat and sun). Meet at 7-11 in Napa on Airport Blvd in south Napa at 8:00am.
Stop at Lodi, at Popeyes on Hwy12 & S. Cherokee rd at 10:00am. Be at the trail head on Hwy4 at noon.

All I have read says a stock 4x4 will be fine. A locker is recommended.

dub_stackz

Rank III
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Vallejo, CA, USA
First Name
Weston
Last Name
Gossell
Member #

Service Branch
USAF Vet
Hey guys, just looking to see if anyone would be interested in going to Hollister in February for a weekend or even just a day trip. Let me know if you’re interested and what weekends are free for you guys!
I may be down for a day trip

Reactions: Ken M

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
Corraal Hollow is open from May till December, closed over the winter. It can open as early as April depending on snow melt. so here's what I am planing.

May 20-21 (sat and sun). Meet at 7-11 in Napa on Airport Blvd in south Napa at 8:00am.
Stop at Lodi, at Popeyes on Hwy12 & S. Cherokee rd at 10:00am. Be at the trail head on Hwy4 at noon.

I ran it last October in a stock Taco, with a good spotter it was easy. Are you doing east to west or the opposite direction?

Ken M

Rank IV

Traveler III

Napa, CA, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Miller
Member #

I ran it last October in a stock Taco, with a good spotter it was easy. Are you doing east to west or the opposite direction?
The trail head is on the east end, so we are going east to west. Do the hard part Saturday afternoon so we are all fresh.

Reactions: Offroadtails

Ken M

Rank IV

Traveler III

Napa, CA, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Miller
Member #

I am for sure in for a Hollister run. Either a day trip or an overnighted. :)

Ken M

Rank IV

Traveler III

Napa, CA, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Sweet ! Looking forward to it.

Are you going to create a page for sign ups? Or shall we do it through this forum ? Oh and what time and where shall we meet ?

Reactions: Wandering_Scotty

Wandering_Scotty

Rank VII

Pioneer II

San Jose, Santa Clara County, California, United States
First Name
Scotty
Last Name
Joseph
Member #

Sweet ! Looking forward to it.

Are you going to create a page for sign ups? Or shall we do it through this forum ? Oh and what time and where shall we meet ?
I’ll work out all the details tonight and then I’ll post it up here and I’ll also make a Rally Point.

Reactions: Speric and Ken M

Wandering_Scotty

Rank VII

Pioneer II

San Jose, Santa Clara County, California, United States
First Name
Scotty
Last Name
Joseph
Member #

Join us for the weekend at Hollister Hills SVRA, Upper Ranch.

Day Trip: Feb 11th
Overnighter: Feb 11th - Feb 12th

Hollister Hills State Vehicle Recreation Area (SVRA) is California State Parks' first SVRA. Located in the Gabilan Mountains, just an hour's drive south of San Jose, this unique park features over 6,800 acres and nearly 200 miles of trails in scenic and varied terrain.

** Saturday (day) we’ll be exploring the trail system through out Upper Ranch. Hollister has a bunch of fun trails to test out the capabilities of your vehicle and it provides a safe environment to development your driving skills. Hollister has a trail rating system from Green Trails (easy), Blue Trails (intermediate) and Black Diamonds (Difficult). Hollister also has 2 obstacles courses, which we’ll explore as well.

** Saturday Night (overnighter) we’ll be camping at the Sycamore Campground. The camping area does have bathrooms and showers and provides waters. Bring your firewood so we can build a toasty fire in the provided fire pits. (If Sycamore Campground is full, we’ll set up camp at Obstacle Course Campground)

** Sunday we’ll continue to explore the trails and obstacles before heading back home. We could also stop to grab some food together in the town of Hollister!

Meet Up
Time: 9AM

We’ll be meeting up in the town of Hollister, which is 5 miles south of The SVRA park. The meet up location will be at the Safeway parking lot. There is a Safeway Gas Station that we can fill up for the trails.

Reactions: Speric

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
Hey Guy’s, Marty and I have bought our tickets for the 2023 PNW Overland Expo. We’re looking at leaving July 5 and laying over in Weed for the night.
Anyone interested let us know!
We talked about this at our last meet-up, and possibly caravanning together up there. I think Roy @R.German-Jeeper was going to try and plan something too. similarly stopping somewhere near Shasta on the way.

Beachbum24

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Petaluma, Ca
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Greer
Member #

@wanderingfoodie_95 - I came across a off road suspension kit for your Lexus...