Townsend, Georgia, United States
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Mahaffey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWH971
Join us for Coffee, some Biscuits and a Ride through Nimblewill Gap from Old Bucktown to Nimblewill and stay for the Meetup at Reformation Brewery in Canton, GA at 1:00 pm.

Nimblewill Gap is an easy to moderate trail that sometimes turns difficult, so 4x4 is strongly recommended and high-clearance is almost required. It's only five miles of FS road, and only two miles of it is at all difficult, but it can be pretty difficult if it is raining (see picture below....)

Or just come for the Meetup if your holiday schedule is booked (see the separate North Georiga Meetup Rally Event to RSVP for it, please, since this ride is limited to 10 rigs.) The meetup at Reformation Brewery is super casual this time, just look for the table with the people who look like overlanders and pull up a stool!

View Rally Point
Reactions: JamesSmith

RedClay

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Clay
Last Name
Mahaffey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWH971
If you don't mind riding in the back seat you are welcome to ride with us. You might even get an upgrade to first class if my navigator can't make it... ;)

thewayhomeadventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Service Branch
Army / CIA
If you don\'t mind riding in the back seat you are welcome to ride with us. You might even get an upgrade to first class if my navigator can\'t make it... ;)
I think I’m solo on this ride @Sturmjaeger so you are welcome to ride with me too. Although @RedClay has that new Gladiator on 37s!!!

RedClay

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Clay
Last Name
Mahaffey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWH971
Looks like this will be a bit wet, but it still should be easy enough if you've got a stock (true) four-wheel drive. Join us!

RedClay

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Clay
Last Name
Mahaffey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWH971
We will meet between 7:30 and 8:00 am. We are planning on leaving by 8:15 am, do be there by then to join up. Bring a GMRS radio if you have one.

Sturmjaeger

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Atlanta, GA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Chan
Member #

Sigh, I am going to have to cancel. I have a work project that I am on deadline for and things are running behind. Need to catch up on it (still banging away on it now)... I'll have to catch you all next time!

ovrlndafterlife

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Nomad
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Di Giorgio
Member #

I don't have GMRS yet. I have a little hand held CB radio. See you guys at 730.

RedClay

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Clay
Last Name
Mahaffey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWH971
Great ride today! Thanks @ovrlndafterlife, @FrontierMatt, and @not_yoda for a fun ride together. The trail was great, with lots of mist in the moutains and a stiff cold breeze where we crossed the AT. The ride down the southeast side of the trail was way smoother than the bumpy ride up from the northwest. I'm very proud that we represented all four major Overlanding food groups: Jeep, Mid-sized Pickup, FJ Cruiser, and full-sized monster with a 6+L Diesel engine! :) It was most humorous to see the FJ fully within one large water obstacle while the Excursion beast could straddle the whole obstacle without getting wet! But both rigs handled it with ease...just in their own way.

thewayhomeadventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Service Branch
Army / CIA
Haha thanks! Yep I posted one on my @frontieroverlanders Instagram page and said the same thing...Dagobah Forest.