Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

New member from just across the boarder in Fort Mill. Thinking about planning a trip out to Uwharrie in the next few weeks to test out the ZR2.
Awesome! Post on here when you get a date in mind or on the overland bound Facebook page and hopefully some of us can finally meet up

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

YoKramer

Rank IV

Influencer II

Concord NC
Member #

New Member from the Concord area.

Probably gonna head up to Blowing Rock tomorrow to hit some of the trails around Betsey's Ole Country Store. Not too familiar with the dirt roads in that area most of my experience is on a Motorcycle or in my RX-7 so this will be a new adventure. Picked up an '02 Xterra a few weeks ago and have been out at Uwharrie for almost every weekend since then and looking for something new. Look forward to meeting a few of yall and do some wheeling!

Attachments

brianb2

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Charlotte, NC
Member #

New Member from the Concord area.

Probably gonna head up to Blowing Rock tomorrow to hit some of the trails around Betsey's Ole Country Store.
Charlotte here. How were the trails? Is that also known as Brown Mtn OHV?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marine7

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Wilmington NC
Member #

Hello all!
I'm in Wilmington and I'm thinking of running the Croton (sp?) Forest over between New Bern and JVille this fall! I'm thinking out around the Catfish Lake area. It's been probably 20+ years since I've ran out there, but I'm getting bored with the beaches and URE. (I lived by URE for 6 years) So... if anyone would be interested I would think "the more the merrier"! I run a Land Cruiser 80 series, mildly built, and my only request is that anyone that runs with me Treads Lightly! Let me know what weekends work for you (or better yet.... weekdays), I'm retired USMC so anything works for me....... except Oct 27-30. I'll be out at Ocracoke for the Pirate Fest! If you've never been.... I highly recommend it! Big weekend party! Nice campground out there, and it's only $30 each way to ferry over your rig!

Directive51

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wetumpka, AL, USA
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Hoggard
Member #

Im thinking about heading out to Uwharrie sometime the second weekend in August. Anyone want to join? This will be my first time out there, so I would welcome the company.

NC-Trooper

US SouthEast Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

Im thinking about heading out to Uwharrie sometime the second weekend in August. Anyone want to join? This will be my first time out there, so I would welcome the company.
Yeah depends on the day.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

tsingson

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

RTP, NC
Member #

Hi Guys! New member here over in RTP, NC. I found this section and am excited about possibly going out and getting my Expedition EL a little dirty.

tsingson

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

RTP, NC
Member #

Not diesel, but I think it's Extra Length/Long. It's about 15 inches longer than the standard Expedition. So still have the third row but don't need to fold the seats down to haul anything.

tsingson

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

RTP, NC
Member #

Exactly. I gotta get my build thread started over here. It isn't much. Just a 2.5 lift and Hankook Dynapro ATM tires. But I am definitely looking to see what else catches my eye.