North Carolina

• HTML tutorial

Landon Shaw

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Uwharrie's trails a pretty torn up right now. Making them more difficult just ran them on Tuesday and Dutch John was rough.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

gobi_recon

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Clayton, NC
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Uwharrie's trails a pretty torn up right now. Making them more difficult just ran them on Tuesday and Dutch John was rough.

Things have been getting out of hand at uwharrie, if they dont get officers patrolling out there soon it might be to late.

tsingson

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

RTP, NC
Member #

I would be down for that. Maybe a centralized location? The Uwharrie spot would be nice but not sure about it's condition right now judging by the previous posts. Weekdays are difficult for me just because of work.

tsingson

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

RTP, NC
Member #

That little puddle looks like fun. Just not sure if I would be able to make it through or if I am high enough. I would love to do a drive off road but not rock crawling. Easier stuff.

NC-Trooper

US SouthEast Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

I suggest a simple rigs and coffee. It's less of a time commitment for everyone. Anyone know of a central location for a easy rigs and coffee?

I know a spot in Indian Trail,NC. It's right off Highway 74, and I-485 which would give any out of towners an easy time to I-85 and I-77?

Landon Shaw

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

I would be down for that. Maybe a centralized location? The Uwharrie spot would be nice but not sure about it's condition right now judging by the previous posts. Weekdays are difficult for me just because of work.
I'd be down for uwharrie. Yeah they are rough but if it there's some other rigs I'd fill comfortable. Last time I did Dutch John it was easy so I felt confident doing it alone on a week day with no one out there. It was just not easy like last time. Would have preferred a buddy so if I needed a tug.

Directive51

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wetumpka, AL, USA
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Hoggard
Member #

Either Uwharrie or a get together works for me. It would be nice to get a few rigs together for a photo shoot.

Are there any places to eat near the park? We could do a meet and greet there, and those of us who want to hit the trail could do so after.

NC-Trooper

Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

Yeah kings Mountain point. It has bathrooms with a parking lot right off Badin lake. It's as perfect as we can get

Reactions: Directive51

Landon Shaw

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Either Uwharrie or a get together works for me. It would be nice to get a few rigs together for a photo shoot.

Are there any places to eat near the park? We could do a meet and greet there, and those of us who want to hit the trail could do so after.
The easiest place for that is the Eldorado outpost it's the gas station at the entrance to uwharrie. It's also where you by your passes to go on the trails.

NC-Trooper

Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

12th works for me!

Eldorado works beautifully. Not too mention the coffee portion of "rigs and coffee" can be bought there.

9 or 10 am work?

When we figure al this out I'll post it on the OB Southeast Facebook page. If someone wants to start a thread announcing it on the forum that be great.

NC-Trooper

Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

Let's do 9:30 AM August 12th @ El Dorado Outpost.

See you guys there!

brianb2

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Charlotte, NC
Member #

Have fun folks. Sounds like a good plan. Fam and I are on a trip that weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk