Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

Does anybody know of any trails or sights around the Bryson City & Cherokee area?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Ingle939

Ingle939

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Plant city Fl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4AYU
Just north is the Great Smokey Mountain National Park

I haven't been you that way but I'm sure there's stuff to explore if you need or want a 2nd let me know I'll go

NC-Trooper

US SouthEast Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

Just north is the Great Smokey Mountain National Park

I haven't been you that way but I'm sure there's stuff to explore if you need or want a 2nd let me know I'll go
Good deal. I keep you posted. Looking towards end of July

PROJECTCUTTLEFISH

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Waxhaw, NC
First Name
Orlando
Last Name
Concepcion
Member #

Hello everyone, new to the site and new to overlanding etc... recently done some modifications to the pilot and I'm excited to see how he performs. NC-Trooper, I would be interested in the local chapter when it comes to fruition, thanks

TheOverlandingGoat

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Greensboro, NC
Member #

Greensboro here, I'd like to as well. If someone can DM me, I'll help out this together. Maybe a NC meet and greet with main topic of discussion being a NC weekend trip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NC-Trooper

US SouthEast Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

I will be at Uwharrie the weekend of the 24th-25th. I'm not exactly sure what day. I'll be In my Trooper and my father in laws will have his Jeep JK if anyone is interested in meeting up.

Reactions: Landon Shaw

Landon Shaw

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

I will be at Uwharrie the weekend of the 24th-25th. I'm not exactly sure what day. I'll be In my Trooper and my father in laws will have his Jeep JK if anyone is interested in meeting up.

I dont know what my schedule will be but I live so close once you know the day I can let you know.

Reactions: NC-Trooper

AdventureWithDanan

Local Expert, Florida USA
Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
Hey Overland Bound members! So we've (Michael and Corrie really) been working very hard to provide the best solution for what @NC-Trooper asked in the first post . Here's what we've got:

• Regions have been assigned (as I'm sure you know)
  • Official regional Facebook groups have been created for badged members - Anything other than a regional FB group is a non-official group and is not run or managed by Overland Bound and does not officially represent Overland Bound.
  • Overland Rally Point has just been launched (a soft launch as we are still building it and working out bugs). You can view or create events and send out invites locally. See here: Getting Started With Overland Rally Point
With the progress made in to organizing all of this, you should have a MUCH easier time of organizing events, even recurring events.

Thanks!

Notedhillbilly

Rank III

Advocate II

I'm new to OB. I live in Wake Forest, NC north of Raleigh. I drive a red bed-lined yj, that was likely painted when the previous owner was good and drunk and there was not enough paint! Lol. It has six inches of lift, a modified roll cage, led headlights and rear lights. Light bar, high lift Jack, and Jerry can because my gas guage doesn't work. I also swapped a Mercedes I5 turbo diesel into it (om617). It's a unique rig and small for over landing, but I used to be an avid backpacker and am good with ultralight gear.