Nomadic 270 degree awning form Overland Vehicle Systems

• HTML tutorial

lugee3

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Did a little video review of the awning I’ll list below, but if you skip to the end you’ll see my tips on folding the awning back up. The first few times I tried it was a real PITA, but after talking with Sean and using his tips I found it’s not too bad to do by yourself.
I use the Darche method of "fold, tight roll, fold over the bars" and it makes it easy to get it back into the bag with little to no resistance. It takes me about a minute to put it away using this method, even when I am on a hill. No resistance on the zippers. It helps that Sean and his team put a oversized bag on this thing.

PonoAdventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

Did a little video review of the awning I’ll list below, but if you skip to the end you’ll see my tips on folding the awning back up. The first few times I tried it was a real PITA, but after talking with Sean and using his tips I found it’s not too bad to do by yourself.
I had the same issue with mine. I actually emailed him some feedback and he said Gen 2 was being designed with a slightly larger bag.Wonder if that did get implemented.

Reactions: ScenicCityOverland

Charles M

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wickenburg, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1CJM
I had the same issue with mine. I actually emailed him some feedback and he said Gen 2 was being designed with a slightly larger bag.Wonder if that did get implemented.
I wonder if we will be able to get the larger bag? Getting mine folded up is a serious work out because my 270 is mounted on the roof about 7 feet off the ground.

Reactions: PonoAdventures

PonoAdventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

I wonder if we will be able to get the larger bag? Getting mine folded up is a serious work out because my 270 is mounted on the roof about 7 feet off the ground.
Mine is on my rack, but don't think its 7' up. A stool helps a lot so your arms don't get tired. Sometimes I use the ladder from my RTT. I'm not quite sure about buying the bag separately or if they even started on a the Gen2 because I didn't communicate with them after that. Overall still really happy with the product.

JohnDoe

Rank I

Contributor III

I called Sean yesterday. He said he would be willing to honor the price but that he was out of stock. He told me he would check into it and get back to me. First thing today I got a call from a distributor, who does not sell to the public. She told me Sean had called her and asked for her to do him a favor and let me buy directly from her for the discounted price. The best part.... The warehouse has less than 5 miles from my house. As I was on my way there, Sean called me to make sure that I knew where to go and who to talk to. This has seriously been the best customer service experience I've had in a long long time! It's not even out of the box, and I am already a very satisfied customer!

DBG

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kamuela, Hawaii County, Hawaii, United States
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Ackerman
Member #

I called Sean yesterday. He said he would be willing to honor the price but that he was out of stock. He told me he would check into it and get back to me. First thing today I got a call from a distributor, who does not sell to the public. She told me Sean had called her and asked for her to do him a favor and let me buy directly from her for the discounted price. The best part.... The warehouse has less than 5 miles from my house. As I was on my way there, Sean called me to make sure that I knew where to go and who to talk to. This has seriously been the best customer service experience I've had in a long long time! It's not even out of the box, and I am already a very satisfied customer!
He is the best! Great company!!!

lugee3

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Same experience here. I was so happy that I bought their side mounted shower.

DaveA

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Utah
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Adamson
Member #

Thanks for the video - I just got a GFC - are you using 3 of their awning brackets or just 2?

DaveA

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Utah
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Adamson
Member #

If you guys are looking for other vendors - campsaver.com also carries the OVS nomadic awning, regular price of 899 but right now they have a 20% coupon on their website during the month of March with free shipping. It's on backorder, but I just ordered mine this morning. I appreciate the reviews and tips that everyone has posted here!

Reactions: halfmacgas

lugee3

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Thanks for the video - I just got a GFC - are you using 3 of their awning brackets or just 2?
I would use all 3. It's a pretty heavy piece.

If you guys are looking for other vendors - campsaver.com also carries the OVS nomadic awning, regular price of 899 but right now they have a 20% coupon on their website during the month of March with free shipping. It's on backorder, but I just ordered mine this morning. I appreciate the reviews and tips that everyone has posted here!
Thanks for the heads up. Looks like they are stocking everything from OVS.

Edit: No passenger side walls.

Last edited:

PonoAdventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

With all this downtime, I did a check up on my truck and notice my awning cover was coming apart at the seam near the zipper. I contacted OVS and I'm hoping I'll get a replacement bag under warranty.

IMG_4023.jpeg

Reactions: DBG