No coffee for me.... but for my wife. Best Press?

• HTML tutorial

Jason Jackson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Reno, Oklahoma, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

I see lots of people very passionate about coffee and even more about using a press when they camp.
I want to get my wife a good one for our travels.
I would not know good from bad on this. Amazon reviews is a frustrating course to learn.
Suggestions?
Thank ya.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Personally I like my MSR Windburner 2.0L with press..... it packs small stove fuel bottle and press all fit inside the pot. it boils water in under 5 minutes, and one small can of fuel lasts me about a week making coffee as well as pulling double duty coocking my meals. If im using it for only coffee, one bottle lasts me a bout a year, making 3 to 5 pots a day over 3 to 5 days a week depending on hollidays.

Reactions: Jason Jackson

wahoowad

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Virginia, USA
First Name
Wilbur
Last Name
McGee
I find this one from GSI perfectly adequate. I've used it on 5 or 6 trips and no complaints other than it doesn't have any measuring marks to help you pour your desired volume. But my GSI coffee cup does so I just measure with the coffee cup and pour it in. It's light, has a decent insulated wrap around it

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
i bought this over 20 yrs ago and really like it. it has been on trips as well as used at home for daily use. 20 yrs and no issues.....

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

If you haven't considered it, I highly recommend a collapsible silicone pour over. I used to use a french press, and I still like it, but it's a severe mess to clean up and wastes a lot of water. The pour over is SO simple and cleans up in literally two seconds with a dribble of water.Drip2.jpg

Jason Jackson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Reno, Oklahoma, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

If you haven't considered it, I highly recommend a collapsible silicone pour over. I used to use a french press, and I still like it, but it's a severe mess to clean up and wastes a lot of water. The pour over is SO simple and cleans up in literally two seconds with a dribble of water.View attachment 122673
Thanks. I’ll look into it. Brand? Model.?

Bugout80

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Fernando
Last Name
Alvarez
Member #

Great idea on the Wolecok Collapsible Pour Over Coffee Dripper (Silicone)...will be ordering one now from Amazon.
You need to take paper filter with you though; but clean up wiScreenshot_2019-10-20-09-30-49.pngll be that much easier than the metal filters on French press, require less water too.
Thanks for the lead.
Fernando

Jason Jackson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Reno, Oklahoma, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Great idea on the Wolecok Collapsible Pour Over Coffee Dripper (Silicone)...will be ordering one now from Amazon.
You need to take paper filter with you though; but clean up wiView attachment 122775ll be that much easier than the metal filters on French press, require less water too.
Thanks for the lead.
Fernando
Ok. Great! I’ll get her this and see how she likes it.

Reactions: Bugout80

JoeySr

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Wyoming
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Macandaffer
Check out “Black Rifle Coffee” It’s a “small” coffee business that’s slowly expanding..

They are owned and operated by prior military and others who support the military/LE and such, started roasting as coffee in the military is worse than nasty.

they have lots of videos, how to brew coffee while camping and on the road & not only is it informative, the cofffee is actually very very good.

Jason Jackson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Reno, Oklahoma, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

As with the rest of my kitchen kits. I made her a coffee kit. Need to add some tea for me. Ha. She loved it. I enjoyed making her coffee last weekend camping out.
thanks everyone for all the suggestions.

Attachments