Launch Member

Contributor III

Clifton
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cicero
Member #

Yep! Hitting the beach Saturday for some bluefish. I was keeping quiet and not telling anyone else. :)
Hope I did not blow up the spot to bad!
Parks are open...but still not taking camping reservations...I think I already know this answer...but, is there any where we can camp outside of "authorized" camp grounds in NJ?

Reactions: TSO_NJ

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

Hope I did not blow up the spot to bad!
Parks are open...but still not taking camping reservations...I think I already know this answer...but, is there any where we can camp outside of "authorized" camp grounds in NJ?
Haha it was a horrible SH show on Saturday later in the day. I can't blame you for that. As far as camping right now, I can't answer that. It's not a normal world out here.

• Haha
Reactions: TSO_NJ and shocwav3

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Its really easy to start a Rigs and Coffee event just use the member map to send a message to everyone in your area or set up a rally point that will send a message within a specific radius.

More information about starting a regular meet-up can be found on the Meet-up forum page.

JDUB-Fab

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Newburgh, NY
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Weissman
Been trying to get out and explore some areas around northern NJ. Most are borderline legal at best...Dead ended at this river crossing. the other day. Not up to that challenge yet. Can't wait to get on some sustained distance trails.
If anyone has suggestions for north jersey lets hear em.
IMG_4175.JPG

diabetiktaco

Launch Member

Explorer I

First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

Its really easy to start a Rigs and Coffee event just use the member map to send a message to everyone in your area or set up a rally point that will send a message within a specific radius.

More information about starting a regular meet-up can be found on the Meet-up forum page.
Yep, but it'll be much easier when we're legally allowed to do it. :)

shocwav3

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Clifton
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cicero
Member #

Thanks kent! We will do exactly that!

Djs523

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Swedesboro, NJ
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Statile
Member #

South Jersey here. I took another vehicle last weekend over to a cars and coffee cruise, it was very well attended with all this pent up energy! Looking forward to a gathering.

LostMayhem

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New Jersey
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Maccione
Member #

NJ here as well - definitely down for any meetups or trail rides. Planning a TNJT ride once this quarantine is lifted and camping along the way. I’ll stay tuned for updates on a rigs and coffee, too.

@diabetiktaco maybe I’ll see you fishing at IBSP sometime I’m always trying to chase the stripers.

BF3184CA-D11E-4FB1-92C9-A909A1EEC56C.jpeg

Here’s riding down in the pines .. no lift or tires yet, cash is tight, but I’ll get there.

diabetiktaco

Launch Member

Explorer I

First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

NJ here as well - definitely down for any meetups or trail rides. Planning a TNJT ride once this quarantine is lifted and camping along the way. I’ll stay tuned for updates on a rigs and coffee, too.

@diabetiktaco maybe I’ll see you fishing at IBSP sometime I’m always trying to chase the stripers.

View attachment 153792

Here’s riding down in the pines .. no lift or tires yet, cash is tight, but I’ll get there.
I'll be out there Saturday early AM to beat the bennies :). Will def. plan a meetup as soon as we're allowed to, that I promise you.

JDUB-Fab

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Newburgh, NY
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Weissman
Thinking about exploring around Collier Mills tomorrow late afternoon if anyone is interested.
Or have recommendations...

Last edited:

toolsforwar

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Point Pleasant, NJ
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Perkins
Member #

Anyone going out today? looking for some trails to hit! hit me up on instagram @toolsforwar if you do I have no plans today.

Voyager1500

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Bergen County, NJ, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Tierno
Member #

Another in north Jersey. Anyone interested in getting a rigs and coffee together after quarantine ? I saw maryland area group planning one and it sounded like a cool idea
Hi, Northern NJ here too. That would be great. Is there a map or some sort of " thing " to help find legal trails to drive , are there any in Northern NJ at all ?

shocwav3

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Clifton
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cicero
Member #

Hi, Northern NJ here too. That would be great. Is there a map or some sort of " thing " to help find legal trails to drive , are there any in Northern NJ at all ?
....Not really from what I have found other than the TNJT. Every trail I have found is basically an access or maintenance trail for power and gas lines.
Going to Wharton State forest is the closest you will get to off-road, trail riding that you see others post from the rest of the country.

I am sure there are places that I don't know about, maybe others in NJ can chime in.

Lugnut

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

NJ/VT
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Seidel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WB2FCC
NJ is just tough for the long distance off road stuff obviously. Rausch Creek Park in PA is fun. I think you can camp overnight there too, but I never have tried that. It costs a couple $$, and if you go on a weekend there will be some trucks around you, but it's also a good spot to learn and practice since you won't be stranded if/when you mess up. Or so I've heard, I don't ever make mistakes lol :) I wish NJ had a place like that, but I would imagine the insurance costs in our state would be astronomical.