• HTML tutorial

Nissan patrol GQ custom camper

Kyleg

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

thanks guys ,
I have more photos on my computer I'll put them up later. I lost a phone while I was building so I don't have a heap of progress shots. But at least I have some still.
Best thing about the truck is its still 100% capable off road just did a trip across the top of oz including cape York with no problems . 2500 kms of corrugations, deep water crossings and tight tracks was the perfect maiden voyage

Kyleg

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Another epic build, nice work @Kyleg, and welcome!

Cool room panels?

Perfect platform, got to love the Patrols.
Cheers mate
Yep they are from styromax , in Brisbane. 24mm Styrofoam core with 2 mm fibreglass each side and gel coat out side . Tough and light
Can't beat the mighty patrol

Kyleg

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

image.jpeg Under bed storage , it's a bit scrappy but I will be re doing it at some stage

Kyleg

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg This is the electric system . All the camper accessories run off the switch panel mounted in the door . Has a full battery monitor kit with the display also mounted in the door . In the box has the switch box , relays for the water pumps , the water temp control circuit board and a fuse box.
It has 2 130ah ago deep cycle batteries , 600w inverter mounted underneath the bed

Kyleg

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Our hot water system uses a solid state pump to cycle water out of the hot tank and around the copper coils mounted to the exhaust. It has 5m off copper pipe coiled around the 3 inch exhaust , then heat wrapped. The hot water tank is insulated and the temperature is controlled by the circuit board in the fuse compartment , uses a temp probe in the tank.
Heats the whole 43l tank to 44' Celsius in just 2 hours of driving , and stays warm for 3-4 hours after stopping

Kyleg

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
We also has a gas oven perfect for pizzas and garlic bread , awesome touch to have when camping in the middle of nowhere.
The oven has a vent at the rear which is fully sealed and vented to outside using air con ducting and 12v computer cooling fans , stops and co building up inside the camper . Just for safety we have a co and smoke alarm fitted inside to warn us if it's not working correctly

Kyleg

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

image.jpeg
Next we have the smev stainless sink, has hot and cold. For now it just drains out onto the ground, but will be putting a tank in to catch the dirty water.

Kyleg

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

image.jpegimage.jpeg
The solar setup on the patrol is probably a little excessive for what we need, but I thought it was better to have too much rather than not enough . 2x 200watt panels mounted on the roof feeding into a 40 amp mppt solar regulator , have lasted 6 days parked in semi shade at the cape, with the system only dropping to 55% state of charge

Kyleg

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
Tyre clearance is perfect , it's was a lot of guess work but it ended up perfect doesn't scrub anywhere . Tyre sizes are 315/75r16 or 35s .

Captain Josh

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

This build is fantastic! Any issues with the fiberglass? I'm thinking of using it for a trailer build....

Kyleg

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

This build is fantastic! Any issues with the fiberglass? I'm thinking of using it for a trailer build....
The panels are awesome just finished 12000ks across the top of oz , I have stone chips in my new paint dents in the alloy corner pieces and not one mark on any of the panels . So strong and very light best decision I have ever made to build this thing we love it

Al_Maryland

Rank 0

Contributor II

Love those foam panels. Can anyone tell me what the equivalent panels would be here in the US? I remember seeing something similar on the internet, but for the life of me can't remember the name of it.