• HTML tutorial

Kyleg

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Port Hedland
Member #

thanks guys ,
I have more photos on my computer I'll put them up later. I lost a phone while I was building so I don't have a heap of progress shots. But at least I have some still.
Best thing about the truck is its still 100% capable off road just did a trip across the top of oz including cape York with no problems . 2500 kms of corrugations, deep water crossings and tight tracks was the perfect maiden voyage

Reactions: Justin Forrest

Kyleg

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Port Hedland
Member #

Another epic build, nice work @Kyleg, and welcome!

Cool room panels?

Perfect platform, got to love the Patrols.
Cheers mate
Yep they are from styromax , in Brisbane. 24mm Styrofoam core with 2 mm fibreglass each side and gel coat out side . Tough and light
Can't beat the mighty patrol

Kyleg

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Port Hedland
Member #

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg This is the electric system . All the camper accessories run off the switch panel mounted in the door . Has a full battery monitor kit with the display also mounted in the door . In the box has the switch box , relays for the water pumps , the water temp control circuit board and a fuse box.
It has 2 130ah ago deep cycle batteries , 600w inverter mounted underneath the bed

Kyleg

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Port Hedland
Member #

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Our hot water system uses a solid state pump to cycle water out of the hot tank and around the copper coils mounted to the exhaust. It has 5m off copper pipe coiled around the 3 inch exhaust , then heat wrapped. The hot water tank is insulated and the temperature is controlled by the circuit board in the fuse compartment , uses a temp probe in the tank.
Heats the whole 43l tank to 44' Celsius in just 2 hours of driving , and stays warm for 3-4 hours after stopping

Kyleg

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Port Hedland
Member #

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
We also has a gas oven perfect for pizzas and garlic bread , awesome touch to have when camping in the middle of nowhere.
The oven has a vent at the rear which is fully sealed and vented to outside using air con ducting and 12v computer cooling fans , stops and co building up inside the camper . Just for safety we have a co and smoke alarm fitted inside to warn us if it's not working correctly

Kyleg

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Port Hedland
Member #

image.jpeg
Next we have the smev stainless sink, has hot and cold. For now it just drains out onto the ground, but will be putting a tank in to catch the dirty water.

Kyleg

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Port Hedland
Member #

image.jpegimage.jpeg
The solar setup on the patrol is probably a little excessive for what we need, but I thought it was better to have too much rather than not enough . 2x 200watt panels mounted on the roof feeding into a 40 amp mppt solar regulator , have lasted 6 days parked in semi shade at the cape, with the system only dropping to 55% state of charge

Kyleg

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Port Hedland
Member #

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
Tyre clearance is perfect , it's was a lot of guess work but it ended up perfect doesn't scrub anywhere . Tyre sizes are 315/75r16 or 35s .

Captain Josh

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid-Michigan
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Fornwall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4WOL
This build is fantastic! Any issues with the fiberglass? I'm thinking of using it for a trailer build....

Kyleg

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Port Hedland
Member #

This build is fantastic! Any issues with the fiberglass? I'm thinking of using it for a trailer build....
The panels are awesome just finished 12000ks across the top of oz , I have stone chips in my new paint dents in the alloy corner pieces and not one mark on any of the panels . So strong and very light best decision I have ever made to build this thing we love it

Al_Maryland

Rank 0

Contributor II

Love those foam panels. Can anyone tell me what the equivalent panels would be here in the US? I remember seeing something similar on the internet, but for the life of me can't remember the name of it.

Reactions: Kyleg