• HTML tutorial

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi Overlanders
Im new to Overlanding and am currently building my 93 Mitsubishi Delica 4x4 van to be more capable.I live in NYC during the week,and spend weekends in the Catskills.Looking for Overlanders to go offroading with in NYView attachment 96826
Hello and welcome to the OB crew....great looking rig and look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

Reactions: NYCMIKADO Z

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hi Overlanders
Im new to Overlanding and am currently building my 93 Mitsubishi Delica 4x4 van to be more capable.I live in NYC during the week,and spend weekends in the Catskills.Looking for Overlanders to go offroading with in NYView attachment 96826
From a fellow NY'er, welcome to OLB and the East Region!
Love your rig!!! If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me or @EscoTerrestrial your local member rep.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
Overland Bound Meetups
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)

NYCMIKADO Z

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

NY, NY, USA and Palenville,NY
First Name
Zim
Last Name
Levine
Member #

Hey! Also newbie from Long Island. Looking to get started. Where are you going in the catskills? Looking for a short weekend kind of trip soon!
I have a house in Palenville.10 minutes from hunter mountain.Just signed up here so looking for some places to offroad up there after memorial day.I keep passing a power line road that looks hilly,rocky and giant puddles from what I can see from the road.I see dirt bikes and atv's go there but i dont want to brave it alone until i get a winch on my build - dont want to get stuck somewhere im not familiar with - i hear Kingston also has some offroading.I want to get my rig dirty!

Reactions: Chadlyb

NYCMIKADO Z

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
Zim
Last Name
Levine
Member #

From a fellow NY'er, welcome to OLB and the East Region!
Love your rig!!! If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me or @EscoTerrestrial your local member rep.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
Overland Bound Meetups
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)
Is there any trails in the Catskills that you are familiar with?I have a weekend house near Hunter -I know Hunter Mt. Sponsors some big meets but I need to get my feet wet with out having to pay.Looking for some public land that is easy to moderate-

Thanks!

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

03taco

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

New York
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Temme
Thanks for all the info. So excited to get on the road. Waiting for my RTT to come in. Backordered from 4wheelparts [emoji35]

Luke VC

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Jefferson, NY
First Name
Luke
Last Name
VanCleef
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K2LVC
I am up in Schoharie .... lots of nice seasonal state forest roads ... very little challenge but nice rides and cool camp sites... I have not found anything in the Catskills....check out some state forests and look for some good dirt roads

NYCMIKADO Z

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
Zim
Last Name
Levine
Member #

I am up in Schoharie .... lots of nice seasonal state forest roads ... very little challenge but nice rides and cool camp sites... I have not found anything in the Catskills....check out some state forests and look for some good dirt roads
I dont need anything hard yet - just need to test out my rig slow and easy so i can know what she is capable of.Some easy dirty roads would be a good start.Any of those roads you mentioned on the Overland Maps?

sgthusk

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

1773 Steward Harbough Road, Williamsburg, Ohio 45176, United States
First Name
James
Last Name
Huskey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W8JWH
Welcome to Overland Bound. My daughter and her boyfriend live in Queens. This weekend we met them in PA. Camped at Ricketts Glen State Park and drove some forest roads in the Bald Eagle State Forest area. Had a great time even with the rain. Hope you find some great trails in your area.

03taco

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

New York
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Temme
Welcome to Overland Bound. My daughter and her boyfriend live in Queens. This weekend we met them in PA. Camped at Ricketts Glen State Park and drove some forest roads in the Bald Eagle State Forest area. Had a great time even with the rain. Hope you find some great trails in your area.
Were they reserved sites? PA isnt too far! Were they dirt roads?

Thanks!

sgthusk

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

1773 Steward Harbough Road, Williamsburg, Ohio 45176, United States
First Name
James
Last Name
Huskey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W8JWH
Were they reserved sites? PA isnt too far! Were they dirt roads?

Thanks!
We did reserve the site. We drove from Cincinnati and wanted to make sure we had a place to stay. The hiking trails to see the falls were amazing. One of the most beautiful hikes we’ve ever taken. We did 3 miles downhill. Parked a car at the bottom. The roads were mostly a nice small gravel and well maintained. One was a thin slick mud but no problem even for the stock tires on the 2018 Escape. I think we drove about an hour and a half to get to the Bald Eagle SF. There’s a post about it somewhere. With a loop of trails. We drove part of the Mid Atlantic Backcountry Discovery Route, MABDR. A dual sport motorcycle route. The gpx can be downloaded. Just google it. I don’t remember the exact website name. IMG_5485.JPGIMG_5493.JPG

EscoTerrestrial

US East Region Member Rep
Staff member
Investor

Influencer II

Port Washington, NY, USA
First Name
Juan
Last Name
Escobar
Member #

Welcome to overland bound! Apologies for the late response. Unfortunately finding trails in NY especially down and around the Long Island/trip state area is close to non existent. There are probably more routes upstate but at the moment I am not to familiar with those areas. I do hope to change that this year as a rep. For overland bound. In the coming days I will be making some plans for some meets this coming season in the CT, RI, & NY. I will do my best to keep everyone posted on that asap.

Once again welcome to the group it's great to have you here and I hope to see you all out in the wilderness or at a simple meet very soon.

Overlandbound #2590 hea!

03taco

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

New York
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Temme
Welcome to overland bound! Apologies for the late response. Unfortunately finding trails in NY especially down and around the Long Island/trip state area is close to non existent. There are probably more routes upstate but at the moment I am not to familiar with those areas. I do hope to change that this year as a rep. For overland bound. In the coming days I will be making some plans for some meets this coming season in the CT, RI, & NY. I will do my best to keep everyone posted on that asap.

Once again welcome to the group it's great to have you here and I hope to see you all out in the wilderness or at a simple meet very soon.

Overlandbound #2590 hea!
That sounds great. I know I am a rookie; but if you need assistance, I would be happy to help in regards to meetings and things like this! Thanks for your work.

03taco

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

New York
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Temme
We did reserve the site. We drove from Cincinnati and wanted to make sure we had a place to stay. The hiking trails to see the falls were amazing. One of the most beautiful hikes we’ve ever taken. We did 3 miles downhill. Parked a car at the bottom. The roads were mostly a nice small gravel and well maintained. One was a thin slick mud but no problem even for the stock tires on the 2018 Escape. I think we drove about an hour and a half to get to the Bald Eagle SF. There’s a post about it somewhere. With a loop of trails. We drove part of the Mid Atlantic Backcountry Discovery Route, MABDR. A dual sport motorcycle route. The gpx can be downloaded. Just google it. I don’t remember the exact website name. View attachment 98587View attachment 98588
Great information! I will have to do this this summer. Thanks a lot and nice shots!