New to the group. What’s good in Florida?

• HTML tutorial

DickD1911

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Escambia County, Florida, United States
First Name
Dick
Last Name
DiVittorio
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4QKP
Orlando here...
ONF has some great trails but don't forget the other WMAs.

Bull Creek when the small game trails are open and Croom along with Citrus are always fun.
Richloam can be wet and test your driving for sure.
The camp grounds are not too crowded and priced good as well.

In the rainy season Tosohatchee here in Orange county will give you a workout.

We are heading up the Osceola NF end of June for the last camping trip of the season.
We will pick it up again Labor Day with the Southeast Jeep Badge run.

Enthusiast III

Florida
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Birkmire
Member #

Bringing this thread back to life. I have been working on a project to map out many of the WMA's and State Parks through FL. I have a good bit of Ocala done. Withlacoochee is finished. And I have a route that goes all the way across Eglin Reservation area up into blackwater state Forrest that hits up all the cool stuff and trails on Eglin. I'm going to be Finalizing the NW Fl Stuff in November On a trip to make sure all the routes work.

When The Eglin Stuff is done Ill set up a way for OB folks to request access to it.

Attachments

Tupenny

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

Longwood, Florida
First Name
Boulder
Last Name
Dash
Member #

Bringing this thread back to life. I have been working on a project to map out many of the WMA's and State Parks through FL. I have a good bit of Ocala done. Withlacoochee is finished. And I have a route that goes all the way across Eglin Reservation area up into blackwater state Forrest that hits up all the cool stuff and trails on Eglin. I'm going to be Finalizing the NW Fl Stuff in November On a trip to make sure all the routes work.

When The Eglin Stuff is done Ill set up a way for OB folks to request access to it.
Very cool. Great job & thank you.

Alberto Escobedo

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Miami, FL
Member #

That’s awesome. Thanks! Where are you based?

brian6123

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hey there, new member from Tampa here. Born and raised in FL. Been to a lot of places when i was a kid. Moved back to FL a year ago.

Just seeing if theres any groups in my area!

SinisterJK

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFC851
I'm from Orlando, I agree I usually go out of state since here everything is private property. Hard Rock is pretty cool but its more wheeling than overlanding. There's no real place to camp on the trail at hard rock but there is a designated camping spot.

Alberto Escobedo

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Miami, FL
Member #

This is awesome. Just saw a similar post you added on FB. Please do keep us posted and share maps, coordinates, trails, whatever. Thanks! (I’m in Miami - anyone down in SoFla planning trips?)

SinisterJK

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFC851

toneout

Rank 0

Off-Road Ranger I

Deltona, FL
First Name
Will
Last Name
Maxwell
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4YQZ
I have been wheeling ONF for many years and have never seen a black bear. I believe Old Blue may be too loud. Is that a HAM antenna on the truck? Looking to adding that to my truck. Old Blue at the edge of Juniper Prairie Wilderness in ONF.
IMG_7109.JPG

Contributor I

Saint Augustine, Fl. 32084
First Name
Ronnie
Last Name
Shierling
I am looking to explore ONF with my rig and family. Hunted there a few times but no major time in the forest itself. Would love to get together with others and explore as well as learn.

Coolhand

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Miami Lakes, FL
Member #

I have been wheeling ONF for many years and have never seen a black bear. I believe Old Blue may be too loud. Is that a HAM antenna on the truck? Looking to adding that to my truck. Old Blue at the edge of Juniper Prairie Wilderness in ONF.
View attachment 132772
Yes that is a Ham antenna, 2m just works so much better on the trail. Also the right radio can be converted to operate on GMRS and FRS frequencies.

Reactions: toneout

Coolhand

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Miami Lakes, FL
Member #

Sweet Black bear sighting! Im planning on taking my kids for the day to ONF this coming week did you get any GPX files of the trails you did or did you go deep with the full rig?
No specific GPX files just using the Motor Vehicle Use map that you can download from the forest service. The trails were a bit tight and I ended up with some Texas pinstripes.

Tango7

Rank 0

Contributor I

St Cloud Florida
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Lansing
Thanks very much for the welcome... This is an awesome site with lots of great information.. I look forward to seeing more...