First Settler

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Washington, USA
First Name
Grayson
Last Name
Hjaltalin
Haha! You think? I was liking the Methods for their bead grip tech since there aren’t much wheels in that 5x110 pattern with a 17 size. (At least from my minimal research on Cherokee forums). Realistically I will just wrap these wheels first and for most. Tires are way more important than wheels for what we as a family will be doing. That and we don’t have a lot of extra room to store another set at our place. :) My wife and I sat down and wrote a list of wants/needs for our upcoming trips. A lot just basic camping stuff and some things to make it more fun/comfortable for the little one. I was looking for cooking stuff, storage bins, and basic lighting for us. Also does anyone bring wood for a fire or do you find/chop wood?

Reactions: Big G

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

I like to bring a little wood with me when I go then collect once I'm there. Been a few times early in the year I haven't brought any and struggled to find good dry stuff to get a fire going or have got into camp late and had to look for wood in the dark. Then when I'm collecting for the trip I try to make sure I'll have a couple arm fulls left over to bring home for the next trip. Probably seems silly to some people to pack wood to and from the woods but it doesn't take up much room in my roof basket and is better than paying $6 a bundle for 10 mins worth of wood.

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I like to bring a little wood with me when I go then collect once I'm there. Been a few times early in the year I haven't brought any and struggled to find good dry stuff to get a fire going or have got into camp late and had to look for wood in the dark. Then when I'm collecting for the trip I try to make sure I'll have a couple arm fulls left over to bring home for the next trip. Probably seems silly to some people to pack wood to and from the woods but it doesn't take up much room in my roof basket and is better than paying $6 a bundle for 10 mins worth of wood.
I also pack a little bit of wood in with my bbq grill, just in case I can’t find anything dry to get my fire going... after the fire is going good, wet stuff will eventually burn.

First Settler

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Washington, USA
First Name
Grayson
Last Name
Hjaltalin
Awesome thanks so much for the advice on that. I will keep all this in mind on the next trip. Also, can I just thank everyone that has been apart of this thread. I really appreciate everyone’s thoughts and help!

Reactions: PNW EXPLR

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Awesome thanks so much for the advice on that. I will keep all this in mind on the next trip. Also, can I just thank everyone that has been apart of this thread. I really appreciate everyone’s thoughts and help!
That is what this community is for!