Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New Jersey
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Maccione
Member #

At Overland Expo East I was the lucky winner of a free set of tires from Hercules Tires. The customer service, support and communication received from them was beyond anything I could have hoped for and they were quick to get these tires into my hands.

I did a lot a researched and searched all over the web for some reviews, but was surprised to not find many (if any). I had a pretty good idea of the tire size I wanted under my jeep to keep my gas mileage from hitting rock bottom so I landed on these:

285/70/17 with Spidertrax 1.5 spacers under my AEV 2.5 DualSport XT lift.

Before: IMG_2425.JPG

New Wheels / Tires for Comparison:
IMG_0919.JPG

Mounted:

IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0774.JPG

IMG_0773.JPG

IMG_3550.JPG
Very minimal road noise and quiet on the highway too, takes corners well and the overall ride has improved a lot over the stock tires.

Again, I can't express how great the customer service was from Hercules Tires and for anyone else located here in NJ, Freeway Tire should be your next stop for any tire needs.

OB#7898

LostMayhem

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New Jersey
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Maccione
Member #

I will be sure to check back in and update in a few days. My Jeep is my dd so I will get a lot of time on these tires over the next few days.

Reactions: khorsa

LostMayhem

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New Jersey
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Maccione
Member #

~1,000 mile update:

I have been running these M/T's at 35 psi which heat up to about 37-38 (max) as I drive on the highway. They are really quiet on both backroads and highway, especially for the aggressive tread they have. There is a minor hum at slow speeds (10 mph or less) on the road, but it is very minimal. At highway speed there is no additional noise coming from the tires and it is a comfortable ride. Excited to try these off the beaten path and I will be sure to update again once I do so.

I am really pleased with these tires so far and would not hesitate to replace them with the same tire once they wear out.

Reactions: Clifford Zwiercan