• HTML tutorial

SonOfNeptune

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Springfield MO
Member #

Well, todays update... I dropped the truck off at the dealership to have the lift, rims and tires installed. Normally I would prefer to do the work myself but I figured that with a new truck it would be good to keep the warranty as best I could. Knowing from experience, both my own and from others with jeep, its best to let the dealer do some of the work. Needless to say I am looking forward to getting my truck back tomorrow. Pics to follow

Reactions: O.Dfj

SonOfNeptune

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Springfield MO
Member #

Finally got the truck back from the dealership pro-shop. I can't say that I am overly happy with how long it took the proshop to complete the install of the AEV lift that takes "8-10 hours to install" (according to AEV Tech Reps). At the end of the day the dealership took almost 4 days to complete the install. That being said, she is back in my possession and I am super happy with how the truck looks, and drives. Here she is boys!IMG_8689.JPGIMG_8687.JPG

SonOfNeptune

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Springfield MO
Member #

Next up, I have ARB lockers front and rear on order and I will be fabricating and installing mounts for the National Luna Fridge Freezer, the ARB compressor, and a Cobra 75 CB radio.

Reactions: harv3589

SonOfNeptune

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Springfield MO
Member #

I took the badging off today to make room for the new Overland Bound Member Emblems... just waiting for my new set to arrive...

SonOfNeptune

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Springfield MO
Member #

While its not much, its another step towards completion... installed the Firestik II Antenna today. Now I just need to run the cables and install the Cobra 75. I think I have a crafty mounting point for the CB... just have to fabricate the mounting plate. Hopefully I can get to that this week. IMG_8709.jpg

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Wow, I gotta say that is one sexy ass machine! Hoping some rocker protection is coming.

SonOfNeptune

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Springfield MO
Member #

@stoney126, rocker protection is on the list... Only thing is, there's really not much to choose from option wise. There are rocker steps and powered steps but I have yet to find something that truly offers rocker protection. Might have to go custom one off for that

Last edited by a moderator:

SonOfNeptune

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Springfield MO
Member #

IMG_8815.JPG IMG_8817.JPG Todays fun was engineering the mount for the National Luna Fridge Freezer. The great part about the Mega Cab is that the back seats fold down. Between the seat and the deck that is behind the seat there is a deck that actuates with the seat to hide the sight of the seat mounting points and hardware. After placing the fridge in place I realized that I could drill thru that actuating deck and mount tie down points for the rear handle on the fridge. As for the front mounting I decided to use the two posts for the seats head rest. That will work for now. I will most likely come back with a longer strap and wrap it below the seat making for a more secure mount.

SonOfNeptune

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Springfield MO
Member #

Its times like this that I wish I had a shop, a welder and all of the fabrication goodies because I would love to do this specific project on my own. Unfortunately I don't so I drew up the designs, purchased the materials and decided to repurpose a Yakama roof rack as a bed drawer system complete with Jerry Can storage to boot. Keep an eye out... pics to follow.

Reactions: stoney126

SonOfNeptune

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Springfield MO
Member #

Tomorrow I have plans to start mocking up the location for the ARB air compressor as I got word that the lockers are scheduled to come in on friday. (Monday those get installed). The other plan is to figure out the mounting location for the Goal Zero Yeti 1250 and the two 90W solar panels. Slowly but surely I am getting there.

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

ARB lockers are being installed today along with the dual air compressor... Pics should be up tomorrow

Dang man you are wasting no time. Loving the build.
Question for you, Does your area pose alot of challenges for such a large truck?
I just ordered a 4 inch Icon kit for my superduty. I'm really on the fence as to how far I will go into a build being the areas around here squeeze my jeep.