Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey all, we took a poll and folks unanimously agreed (how often does that happen?) that regions are better than states in the US to provide more opportunity to meet folks in your area. After all, this is Overlanding, so whats a couple of states?!

The basis of the regions are this:

2016-02-07_0056.png

Take a look at the "Overland Bound by Region" section and see if you have some nearby Overlanders!

Cheers,

M

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

I think we need to expand the West Region! We should take some Overland Trips to Arizona, Utah and Oregon and claim then for the Overland Bound West Region. :tonguewink:

Reactions: Michael

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Are you going to add Alaska to the Northwest Region?

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

I think we need to expand the West Region! We should take some Overland Trips to Arizona, Utah and Oregon and claim then for the Overland Bound West Region. :tonguewink:
You have it all wrong. We need to move northward, to claim all water drainage as our own, and gain a strategic hold on all ports and shipping on the entire Eastern seaboard...

Oh wait, this isn't Risk?

*edit* HA! Western seaboard, but eventually...

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike G

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

@administrator Since a lot of where we explore is in and around national parks, the National Park Service regions might be an option (probably too late for this input, but I thought I'd throw it out there.)

I thought of this, as we have the NPS Passports that you get stamped at various parks around the country. But the passport uses a slightly different grouping.

Pacific Northwest, Western, Rocky Mountain, Southwest, Midwest, North Atlantic, Mid-Atlantic, and Southeast. Some of these seem out of place, but that's what got me thinking of NPS Regions. I can work with any combination, though.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
@administrator Since a lot of where we explore is in and around national parks, the National Park Service regions might be an option (probably too late for this input, but I thought I'd throw it out there.)

I thought of this, as we have the NPS Passports that you get stamped at various parks around the country. But the passport uses a slightly different grouping.

Pacific Northwest, Western, Rocky Mountain, Southwest, Midwest, North Atlantic, Mid-Atlantic, and Southeast. Some of these seem out of place, but that's what got me thinking of NPS Regions. I can work with any combination, though.
Good feedback. I could shift things around a bit before it really gets "baked" within the community. It's an option.